Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• ct_addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    We are looking at Owen Dale. Currently on loan at Portsmouth but hasn't suited their pump it long style. Could do well in Holden's 433.
    Good player, thought he stood out more than Kirk when we played against Crewe.
    Faint praise indeed comparing him to Kirk 😉. Seems to have done ok at a lower level from his career stats and Blackpool were prepared to take a punt on him. If Kirk and DJ are off, as a winger he’ll be needed in place of them.
    Well Kirk was highly rated when Crewe were in league 1 but Dale looked like he had a bit more about himself in the games against us, i personally think he'd be good but i also thought DJ would be as well.
    I can’t recall seeing either of them play but they were both rated by lots on here however sometimes moves just don’t work out and Kirk’s certainly hasn’t or DJ’s come to that. If we sign Dale and do a swap with Blackpool for Kirk as @mart77 suggested that could suit all parties 🤞.
    I rated Owen Dale after Crewe played us a couple of season ago but not so much after a very poor performance against us for Pompey
    He was their best player against us at the Valley. 
  • Southbank said:
    With McGrandles gone we could do with picking up a midfielder who knows how to put the boot in. Dobson is looking increasingly like he wants to be put down and a midfielder three made of up of a combination of Fraser, Morgan, Payne or Henry isn't going to cut it. Might be difficult to convince a team to part with a loanee who will just pop up whenever our captain needs a rest though
    A Darren Pratley type (as when we signed him) would be ideal. An older midfielder who'd played at a higher level, can stick the boot it AND whose legs haven't gone (hello Ben Watson).
    Although, it may be that Clare could play there when Dobbo is out  if Sess moves to right back
    The same Clare that backs off of tackles at rb? No thanks
  • Seems very odd to ship McGrandles out unless there is a replacement lined up
    Nowhere near Holden's starting XI, so it makes perfect sense for him to go somewhere else and get some games. Then we can make a decision on whether he's actually worth keeping.
  • Swisdom said:
    McGrandles out seems sensible.  If we get the player I was told about Saturday he’s slightly more advanced so wouldn’t be a like for like.  Depends if we want to “force” a deal through

We were also looking at another centre midfielder but I don’t know his name.
    Wasn't that the thing about McGrandles, he was well rated by his L2 club as a CM/CAM but his CDM capabilities were less than highly regarded. He turned up here looking somewhat new to the sport!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:
    McGrandles out seems sensible.  If we get the player I was told about Saturday he’s slightly more advanced so wouldn’t be a like for like.  Depends if we want to “force” a deal through

Wasn't that the thing about McGrandles, he was well rated by his L2 club as a CM/CAM but his CDM capabilities were less than highly regarded. He turned up here looking somewhat new to the sport!
    Lincoln City are League One - but yeah, I remember people saying he had a great season playing more advanced and only a very good season playing deeper.
  • Swisdom said:
    NabySarr said:
    Swisdom said:

Holden likes his midfield to be 1 holding player and then 2 attacking players either side like he has been playing Morgan/Payne along with Fraser. That’s how he set up at Bristol City also I believe. Would you say the player fits that mould? Definitely think we could upgrade on Morgan/Payne and hopefully get a more consistent player 
    He’s more of a #10 but has been playing as a lone striker a bit this season and it doesn’t appear to suit him as well. So in answer to your question, he probably does fit in!
    Victor Adeboyejo at Burton can play as a 10.

Edit: I've just seen he's linked with Bolton and Millwall.
    Adeboyejo…close enough to Boyega for me to tie in with  @Swisdom’s “force” clue 🕵️‍♀️ 😉
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:

Lincoln City are League One - but yeah, I remember people saying he had a great season playing more advanced and only a very good season playing deeper.
    I couldn't remember where he came from. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    With McGrandles gone we could do with picking up a midfielder who knows how to put the boot in. Dobson is looking increasingly like he wants to be put down and a midfielder three made of up of a combination of Fraser, Morgan, Payne or Henry isn't going to cut it. Might be difficult to convince a team to part with a loanee who will just pop up whenever our captain needs a rest though
    Sean Clare?
    That just moves our gap to fullback if we want to play him there at all regularly, which I hope we don't. We've currently got 3 fit fullbacks and one of them is managing a knee injury. Clare has never had a good game at central midfield for Charlton though. If people thought it was worth moving McGrandles on because he didn't look great in the 176 minutes of mostly unfit football he played this season they'd do well to remember what the first 13 games of last season looked like
    I might be feeble minded but I can only vaguely remember SC in midfield once? along time ago.How many games have I slept  through or are just so mundane that I can't remember.(Home games)
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:
    Swisdom said:
    NabySarr said:
    Swisdom said:

Holden likes his midfield to be 1 holding player and then 2 attacking players either side like he has been playing Morgan/Payne along with Fraser. That’s how he set up at Bristol City also I believe. Would you say the player fits that mould? Definitely think we could upgrade on Morgan/Payne and hopefully get a more consistent player 
    He’s more of a #10 but has been playing as a lone striker a bit this season and it doesn’t appear to suit him as well. So in answer to your question, he probably does fit in!

Adeboyejo…close enough to Boyega for me to tie in with  @Swisdom’s “force” clue 🕵️‍♀️ 😉
    Now that is pretty clever, if this is it, but surely we don’t need the skills of Hercule Poirot 🔍 to get it and this is that close for my liking 🤣

This lad was on our books as a kid? Has taken a long while to get into a goal scoring groove, perhaps a Vardy type player? Has pace and can use his head, fits the bill, but would cost unless a player exchange is an option. Kirk perhaps?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:

I couldn't remember where he came from. 
    No blame there, it was hard enough trying to remember he was here
  • edited January 2023
    It's all gone quiet over here,
    all gone quiet,
    all gone quiet,
    all gone quiet over here. 
  • The lull before the storm.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    all gone quiet,
    it's all gone quiet,
    all gone quiet over here. 
    Calm before the storm 😉.
  • No noise, from the transfer gossip boys
  • TelMc32 said:
    Swisdom said:
    NabySarr said:
    Swisdom said:

Yeah don’t think I’m cut for detective work. My guess would be Tyler Walker but doesn’t really play a 10 but has also been injured…so perfect fit. 
  • I am hearing Anthony Daniels up front, he will be our new Golden Boy 
  • barstool said:
    I am hearing Anthony Daniels up front, he will be our new Golden Boy 
    Who the fuck he ?
  • Sponsored links:

• barstool said:
    Who the fuck he ?

• clive said:
    Good to see the same old rhetoric, working hard behind the scenes and they're getting out the excuses sound bites early.

None of this waiting till the death on Tuesday and fell through at the deadline. Has to be seen as a positive;)
  • CafcWest said:
    Based on  @Swisdom’s “force” clue - I'm betting on Marcus Forss.  Finnish striker at Middlesborough...loan...IMO.
    As much as I’d love too and be hoping he’d want to be back in London I can’t see him going from playing for a team 6th in the championship to 15th in league 1. Recently been scoring for them too
  • Aside from any more in-comings, it's going to be particularly interesting who, in DH's words, comes in for our players.

I will be amazed if someone doesn't put a cheeky little bid in for Leaburn to test the water. 
  • 'Clubs coming in for our players'
  • barstool said:
    You will like this….. not a lot. 
  • mart77 said:
    Southbank said:
    'Clubs coming in for our players'
    If Leaburn or Dobson get sold shortly I think it’ll see even more fans stop coming to games. I know some will say we’re a selling club but I think the supporter base keeps getting chipped away at by blow after blow, and to lose one or both would be a real gut punch.
    I think given all the recent quotes on this topic from Holden and the DoF he's refering to players along the lines of Stockley/Lavelle/Thomas/DJ/Kirk