Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• edited January 2023
    Can I be the first to say it...

Sauce?
  • Heard he's mustard. 
  • We are looking at Owen Dale. Currently on loan at Portsmouth but hasn't suited their pump it long style. Could do well in Holden's 433.
    I've heard of him, there was a few on here , rating him a couple of seasons ago?
    Could also help with Kirk, they played together at Crewe and were there driving force up top
  • Sounds like a talent but would imagine we might be after someone more seasoned.
  • McGrandles to Cambridge on loan ….
  • McGrandles to Cambridge on loan ….
    3 in, 3 out so far then.

A loan for McGrandles is sensible I guess, hopefully gets fit, gers games, and we can see if he's actually any good.
  • Seems very odd to ship McGrandles out unless there is a replacement lined up
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely clearing the way for another midfielder to join? 
  • Southbank said:
    I imagine that is our business done, unless we are expecting to lose somebody we do not want to. Solved left back problem, solved striker problem, solved centre back problem by internal promotion (Ness).
    I just can't see that being us done. Holden was clear that this week would be. a busy week on the transfer front and while none of us are expecting any significant 'signings' (Probably be just loans) I reckon there is at least 1-2 more incoming and at least 1-2 more outgoing.
  • edited January 2023
    Be good to let Stockley go. I think he's shown that he's not going to offer us anything this season so  might as well let someone else pay his wages. 
  • Southbank said:
    Seems very odd to ship McGrandles out unless there is a replacement lined up
    Why? He has been useless for us. Maybe not McGrandles' fault, but Henry will be a more than adequate first team squad replacement.
    Because we've now lost 2 CMs this window and brought no one in? All well and good whilst Dobson is fit but 1 or 2 injuries and we are bang in trouble
  • Seems very odd to ship McGrandles out unless there is a replacement lined up
    Chance for him to play and get fit then we can have a proper look at him 
    No problem with letting him out on loan to get minutes and fitness. But we need someone as cover ourselves 
  • It’s not done - until the transfer window slams shut

would have preferred CMcG to have gone on loan with a view to permanent, but having competed with Championship sides for him, suspect that saves or frees up a fair few grand a week.
  • He apparently is one of the highest earners according to that website.
    To note, the 72 says that we are looking at letting Terrell Thomas go with clubs mentioned like Burton interested in signing him.
  • NabySarr said:
    Surely clearing the way for another midfielder to join? 
    Owen Dale if Blackpool cancel his loan with Pompey … there unhappy with the loan deal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Kirk could be a different player if re united with Dale. If he wants to rejoin Blackpool a straight swop may be the answer. 
  • Think it's probably Kirk and Thomas out and new winger (whether that's Sadlier, Dale or someone else) and a CM in. 
  • Cawley pouring cold water on Dale rumour and saying Dale is happy at Pompey and not a deal he thinks is happening. 
  • edited January 2023
    mart77 said:

Can't be true,.., Ronnie has just told us otherwise...😉
  • With McGrandles gone we could do with picking up a midfielder who knows how to put the boot in. Dobson is looking increasingly like he wants to be put down and a midfielder three made of up of a combination of Fraser, Morgan, Payne or Henry isn't going to cut it. Might be difficult to convince a team to part with a loanee who will just pop up whenever our captain needs a rest though
  • With McGrandles gone we could do with picking up a midfielder who knows how to put the boot in. Dobson is looking increasingly like he wants to be put down and a midfielder three made of up of a combination of Fraser, Morgan, Payne or Henry isn't going to cut it. Might be difficult to convince a team to part with a loanee who will just pop up whenever our captain needs a rest though
    A Darren Pratley type (as when we signed him) would be ideal. An older midfielder who'd played at a higher level, can stick the boot it AND whose legs haven't gone (hello Ben Watson).
    A Darren Pratley type (as when we signed him) would be ideal. An older midfielder who'd played at a higher level, can stick the boot it AND whose legs haven't gone (hello Ben Watson).
    Although, it may be that Clare could play there when Dobbo is out  if Sess moves to right back