Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• PWADDICK said:
    I bet we sign the striker that gets on the end of his cross in clip 3. 
  • edited January 2023
    Thinking outside the box like all good attacking full backs, wing backs and wide forwards (once know as Wingers) do.

Why did Ipswich think he wasn't good enough to be their full back ? 
    Rhetorical question as Ipswich town's ambitions have been higher than Charlton since they went early last season and splashed the cash despite it being a slow burner, results wise.

Doesn't matter to Charlton because he just has to attack down the left and make a few tackles and stay fit. 7's on the score on the doors will be fine and did I mention stay fit !

Best CV video for Cafc since I watched Chris Eagles' 20 best goals; when he signed,
    Eagles had an open goal at the covered end and headed over when it looked easier to score.

Best to judge players over a whole game because the erratic Sean Clare would look like Cafu in his best bits ! 
  • JamesSeed said:
    have to admit I'm not really that bothered about this transfer window. Relegation very unlikely as is promotion. Just want to hang on to Leaburn, Ness, Fraser & Dobbo and if we can bring in a couple like Todd (point to prove, out of contract in the summer, take a good look at them now) then great. The summer will be a big rebuilding exercise.

Of greater importance now is who will be owning us and what their ambition is.
    Might need to give the first two a pay rise, as Fraser is paid 15x what they are. 
    I’ll bite. So if Miles is on £500 a week Fraser is on £7,500 a week? If Miles is on less than that we have no chance if a big club comes calling.
    True according to this. Apologies if already posted on here but I haven’t come across it. 

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/charlton-athletic/

Though I reckon it is not fully up to date. 

Imagine the issues that could cause in a dressing room if it’s anything remotely close to being accurate. 
    Are these accurate figures. Just shows how expensive to run this club
  • jondon76 said:
    Is it true that we're under a transfer embargo? Can't sign any players for a fee?
    No

• I don't believe it, has a player being announced on the team sheet ever happened before? It's one of those things like a "pay as you play" contract that doesn't really exist. 
    I remember striker Ray Treacy being first announced announced on the Charlton team sheet v QPR.

But I suppose that was in February 1968. :smile:

• edited January 2023
    I don't believe it, has a player being announced on the team sheet ever happened before? It's one of those things like a "pay as you play" contract that doesn't really exist. 
    Slightly different but if you remember the start of the 18/19 season stories of JFC doing his ACL started on the Thursday and it was embargoed until the team was announced. 
  • edited January 2023
    Are we done on incomings?

• Sponsored links:

• We are looking at Owen Dale. Currently on loan at Portsmouth but hasn't suited their pump it long style. Could do well in Holden's 433.
    I've heard of him, there was a few on here , rating him a couple of seasons ago?
  • Does the 'black box' have Charlton life inside it?  :D
  • We are looking at Owen Dale. Currently on loan at Portsmouth but hasn't suited their pump it long style. Could do well in Holden's 433.
    Good player, thought he stood out more than Kirk when we played against Crewe.
    That would be a great signing. The one we should have signed from Crewe. 
  • Dale would be a fantastic signing. 
    We definitely need another striker.

• edited January 2023
    We are looking at Owen Dale. Currently on loan at Portsmouth but hasn't suited their pump it long style. Could do well in Holden's 433.
    Faint praise indeed comparing him to Kirk 😉. Seems to have done ok at a lower level from his career stats and Blackpool were prepared to take a punt on him. If Kirk and DJ are off, as a winger he’ll be needed in place of them.
    He’s quality. Think he played against us at the Valley and looked very good.
  • Valley11 said:
    Dale would be a fantastic signing. 

Scratch that, I was thinking of Bishop at Pompey. 
  • Are we done on incomings?

Another mid I expect … perhaps if Stockley goes another forward most likey on loan .. we might go back in for the Exeter striker ?
  • Sponsored links:

That would surely have to be a permanent? He’s one of Pompeys best players so can’t see them letting him come on loan to us. And if he’s available for a permanent they will probably want him themselves so I think that’s unlikely. Would be a brilliant signing though 
  • Also is Pompey's new manager a pump it long style manager?
    I could see us swapping Kirk for Dale with Blackpool.
  • NabySarr said:
    We are looking at Owen Dale. Currently on loan at Portsmouth but hasn't suited their pump it long style. Could do well in Holden's 433.
    That would surely have to be a permanent? He’s one of Pompeys best players so can’t see them letting him come on loan to us. And if he’s available for a permanent they will probably want him themselves so I think that’s unlikely. Would be a brilliant signing though 
    He is on loan at Pompey from Blackpool.
  • You would imagine the new Pompey manager would wanna have a look at him
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Dale would be a fantastic signing. 

Scratch that, I was thinking of Bishop of Pompey. 
    I looked him up not sure he's up to lasting a full 90 minutes.  Although could maybe pull in a few favours from his boss.
    https://www.portsmouth.anglican.org/who/bishop-portsmouth/#:~:text=The Church of England's tenth,can read about that here.
  • RedChaser said:
    Faint praise indeed comparing him to Kirk 😉. Seems to have done ok at a lower level from his career stats and Blackpool were prepared to take a punt on him. If Kirk and DJ are off, as a winger he’ll be needed in place of them.
    Well Kirk was highly rated when Crewe were in league 1 but Dale looked like he had a bit more about himself in the games against us, i personally think he'd be good but i also thought DJ would be as well.
  • NabySarr said:
    Wouldn't be their choice surely.

But yes i agree i can't see him ending a loan there, just to come on loan to us.
  • Dale would be an excellent addition if Mousinho doesn't fancy him at Pompey. Can't see him being a Mick McCarthy player back at Blackpool either. 
  • edited January 2023
    RedChaser said:
    Well Kirk was highly rated when Crewe were in league 1 but Dale looked like he had a bit more about himself in the games against us, i personally think he'd be good but i also thought DJ would be as well.
    I can’t recall seeing either of them play but they were both rated by lots on here however sometimes moves just don’t work out and Kirk’s certainly hasn’t or DJ’s come to that. If we sign Dale and do a swap with Blackpool for Kirk as @mart77 suggested that could suit all parties 🤞.