Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• How fit  would Bonne be - he looked heavy playing for QPR at the beginning of the season when he played us ? 
  • I really don’t rate Bonne but at the moment he probably is a better option off the bench than Stockley. Plus the type of player he is, Holden may be able to get something out of him.
    Put him next to Leaburn and that would be an uninspiring but probably functional variation on the big guy/little guy pairing of old. It won't get us out of the division upwards but chances are it wouldn't get us out of the division downward either which at this point sadly appears qualify as success.
  • How fit  would Bonne be - he looked heavy playing for QPR at the beginning of the season when he played us ? 
    I'd bet good money he's gonna be fitter than Aneke 
    Would still back Aneke even with a broken leg 
  • edited January 2023
    What was everybody expecting?!
    We have no money
    Airman has said what the club has put out are looking for / willing to finance
    It'll be some dead wood out
    Others' unwanted / not playing (or not playing often) choices in

We'll be stronger than Jan 1st

That is all
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    The only way Bonne will be a bad signing is if turns out he is a replacement for Leaburn :(
    A very, very good point.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    I'm not in the know but do get snippets from every once in a while. 
    I was told that Bonne has been at Sparrow's lane recently
    Maybe an actual ITK will be comfortable confirming if so.
    👀
     Nobody saw this Bonne signing... It's completely out of the blue... Am I right?
    Nobody said he was at sparrows lane though did they? 

• fitting to have him as part of this worst ever period in our footballing history 
  • sam3110 said:
    Kane, right back
    Adaramola, left back
    Ferguson, left back
    Edun, left back

It's fairly obvious this is the list that Gallen has supplied for players potentially available across the leagues at fullback. It's all about which one is top of the list and which one we actually get now really.

I'd imagine Edun is first choice, Adaramola is the cheap option on loan, Ferguson is the get on loan maybe sign on a free in the summer option, and Kane is a choice for right back and keeping Sess at left back instead, possibly the "last resort"
    Left backs are just like the bus. You wait and wait then 3 come along.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    I'm not in the know but do get snippets from every once in a while. 
    I was told that Bonne has been at Sparrow's lane recently
    Maybe an actual ITK will be comfortable confirming if so.
    👀
     Nobody saw this Bonne signing... It's completely out of the blue... Am I right?
    Nobody said he was at sparrows lane though did they? 
    Looking back, they did not. 
  • I’d take Bonne over Mr Tickle and the Cheat code any day 
  • Realistically … if we are in for frees and loans only … Bonne is probably as best as we can get 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if edun is still a goer and close with these 2 aswell or if that fell through
  • Kane has played 100 odd games at champ level over the last 3 years. On paper seems a decent signing at this level
    Not a glamorous signing, but a very solid player this level for sure.

Bit of a strange one, if we do sign Tayo Edun, as would assume Sessegnon would move over to RB with Clare as his back up. Can only assume they don’t expect Manny back this season at all. 
  • Wonder if edun is still a goer and close with these 2 aswell or if that fell through
    I would like to think it's as well as! Bonne is not a choice I like, don't know much about Kane, but Edun would be quality.
  • If Bonne scores goals that win us points, then his errors can be balanced against that.
    Wouldn't say it means much. Edun is primarily a LB/LWB, Kane RB/CB and Bonne a striker. All three positions we look to strengthen and not really competing with each other in that sense.
  • Kane has played 100 odd games at champ level over the last 3 years. On paper seems a decent signing at this level

Bit of a strange one, if we do sign Tayo Edun, as would assume Sessegnon would move over to RB with Clare as his back up. Can only assume they don’t expect Manny back this season at all. 
    Seems that way, which is unfortunate. Thought he did really well in his string of appearances.
  • edited January 2023

Kane has played 100 odd games at champ level over the last 3 years. On paper seems a decent signing at this level

Or we'd have Kane and Clare compete for the RB slot and Sessegnon and Edun compete for the LB slot because Sessegnon is an excellent, versatile player who is just as comfortable at left back. Sessegnon has had his fitness issues this season so we'll want 4 players to compete for those two slots
  • Don’t know anything about Kane. What can we expect ?
  • Has anyone asked Cawley for further info on Edun? If so has he said anything?

I'm wondering if Kane is an alternative option rather than it being a case of both coming in...