Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Just had few pints with a very drunk Steve Gallen. Obviously I don’t know him and it seemed a PR stunt but he was bouncing from tan to fan , maybe I’m being cynical .
    im sure other Lifers were there. Praised the fans but said Millwall want Dobbo. Said he’s a West Ham fan but championship money talks. 
    Top guy though hopefully Dobbo interest dies 
    Any other nuggets from Gallen? 
  • J BLOCK said:
    cafc4life said:
    Need Dobson to sign a new deal as priority IMO
    Needs to be offered first. Need money to do that. 
    Don’t need to he got an 12 month extension 
  • 801912601 said:
    Had a drink last night in the ground with one of the CAFC community team who had had too many sherbets. Apparently/Allegedly we have offers in for 5 players at the mo - a mix of signings and loans. The Blackburn guy is one, an ex Millwall midfielder is another, a West Ham U21 is another and Conor Wickham on a pay as you play deal is a fourth. Palarse are not looking to recall Saka, Kirk has an offer to go to a Yorkshire based 1st division club but that won’t happen until after Saturday, DJ, Lavelle and Stockley also have clubs wanting to take them. 
    Apologies If this was the beer talking but at least it counts as a rumour 😇
    All sounds plausible enough to be fair. About the numbers you'd expect and probably not paying a transfer fee for any of the incoming.

If that turns out to be exactly how it plays out then it sounds fairly promising honestly.
  • Shane Ferguson is an ex-Millwall midfielder, weren't we rumoured in for him at some point? 
  • Shane Ferguson is an ex-Millwall midfielder, weren't we rumoured in for him at some point? 
    Be very surprised if we were in for both Ferguson and Edun. 
  • Just spoke to my mate a Lincoln supporter . He couldn’t speak highly enough of Edun. He said he was always going to end up in the championship and is very surprised Blackburn seem prepared to let him go.
    Thoughts of my Lincoln supporting mate “he was decent”. 

A much more glowing reference than he gave for McGrandles 
    Yes for sure. A far superior player than Mcgrandles in my mates view. I trust my mates  judgement . He said Mcgrandles goes missing. Spot on so far.

TBF to Mcgrandles he goes missing because he's in the medical room. We signed him after he got injured in his last game for Lincoln and hasn't managed to stay fit with that freak hand injury along with Dobson obviously ahead of him as well as Fraser. The water carrier role is still there to be claimed but Albie Morgan has that job at the moment with Henry wanting to get in the team/squad as well. 

The other option is for Clare to be the Runner in midfield like a young Darren Pratley and do surging runs and feed Fraser and interlink with Dobson, CBT ,Rak Saki and Leaburn etc.

Edun (If genuine rumour) gets the LB gig or Sessegnon who can also go to RB if Egbo still not fit. We need options and to get players in positions which suit.

Football really isn't rocket science, it just needs good energy and players in positions they are comfortable with and partnerships all over the field with clear instructions from the head coach. Goal scorers are mandatory but that is hard to find.

Steven Sessegnon is magic to have as he can play in a number of positions and do a decent job. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    Edun is done, good player.

Hope medical done and Stephen Kelly not the driver to Sparrows lane as we have needed a Left Footed left back for two years and trust he's like Purrington but with pace ?
  • Edun is done, good player.

Hope medical done and Stephen Kelly not the driver to Sparrows lane as we have needed a Left Footed left back for two years and trust he's like Purrington but with pace ?
    I read into it that Edun is quite attacking, with 3 assists in 12 appearances in the Championship this season.
    Not bad for a fullback who's been a bench regular.

• Oggy Red said:

I read into it that Edun is quite attacking, with 3 assists in 12 appearances in the Championship this season.

To save me checking !
    Is Harry Pickering keeping Tayo Edun out of the Blackburn team ?
  • 801912601 said:
    Had a drink last night in the ground with one of the CAFC community team who had had too many sherbets. Apparently/Allegedly we have offers in for 5 players at the mo - a mix of signings and loans. The Blackburn guy is one, an ex Millwall midfielder is another, a West Ham U21 is another and Conor Wickham on a pay as you play deal is a fourth. Palarse are not looking to recall Saka, Kirk has an offer to go to a Yorkshire based 1st division club but that won’t happen until after Saturday, DJ, Lavelle and Stockley also have clubs wanting to take them. 
    Your rumour is really gonna piss off the window doomsayers. Let’s hope it comes to fruition 🤞
  • Oggy Red said:

To save me checking !
    Is Harry Pickering keeping Tayo Edun out of the Blackburn team ?
    Yep, Pickering is the regular LB at Blackburn right now;

• Apparently Mcgrandles decision to leave Lincoln was based on his wish to move back to Scotland. This was greeted with understanding with most of the Lincoln fans.
    That understanding changed to dislike of the player when he  then ended up at Charlton.
  • 801912601 said:

Quality note taking and good to know that CAFC community team are privy to the ins and outs of this window 801912601.

I didn't realize that Saka was a Palace player 🤔😀

• Well done @801912601
    It does help shape the squad a bit better if we recruit those, but it will be 5 out and 4 in if you include JFC with the offers for DJ, Lavelle, Stockley and Kirk.   Assume MacG will go too.   Now I don't think anybody thought our squad was top heavy (maybe 1 too many in central midfield if you really wanted to argue), but Wickham in and Stockley out is in theory better, IF it's not the injury prone Conor Wickham.    If the injury prone Wickham comes in we are left with Leaburn and Kanu.

That isn't good.   In no shape or form.

So, not whelmed I'm afraid.
  • redbuttle said:
    One is done, will be announced this week
    Always makes me laugh when someone alludes to being ITK, posts a cryptic statement and then buggers off leaving us all, like 🐟 out of water gasping for air!

Is it for dramatic effect @covered_end_lad ?
    Hate to say it. Have you ever thought that he may be in the know.
    He may well be, I’m not questioning if he is or isn’t!

I was referring to the teasing statement he made, @redbuttle
  • Sponsored links:

• 801912601 said:
    That would be either Barnsley or the Massives.

Or could it be Rotherham. Exchange for Ferguson?
  • edited January 2023
    801912601 said:

After a few drinks?, did you have a tape recorder or a photographic memory, that is quite a list of info to get...🤔
  • Edun is done, good player.

very happy if this comes round .. he's what might be described as a 'cultured' left back who can also operate in midfield 
  • It's almost 3pm, the lads got home about 4.30am last night and aren't in today at all, perfect time for a new player announcement right?