Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Worried about Lucas Ness' performance tonight...some may have seen it and think they may come in for him. 
    Ness can't play for another club this season after being at Torquay as well as us.
  • Richard J said:
    Worried about Lucas Ness' performance tonight...some may have seen it and think they may come in for him. 
    Ness can't play for another club this season after being at Torquay as well as us.
    Are you sure? He was on loan and they are a National League side to boot. Anyway, he won't go in this window imo.
  • Couple more signings like that please

Dont care if they're not permanent deals, can worry about the squad as a whole from March onwards
  • Southbank said:
    I don't think we need another CB now with O'Connell back, Ness playing the way he is, Inniss stopping Garnerball antics and Mitchell in the wings+Lavell and Thomas as back up if absolutely necessary. 
    We need a goalscorer more than anything if the left back position is sorted.
    If a good, young CB was available for free (or at least for whatever money we do/don't have) then I'd take one if it was a permanent contract as then we can look at shifting at least one of Thomas/Lavelle on in the summer if not before.

That said, its absolutely NOT a priority in the same way a striker is, and I'd probably put a RB as a stronger priority for a loan as Egbo won't be at his prime again for a while and with this apparent new guy and Sessegnon we have good options at FB but a distinct lack of cover that isn't either a kid or Clare, neither is ideal.
  • Just had few pints with a very drunk Steve Gallen. Obviously I don’t know him and it seemed a PR stunt but he was bouncing from tan to fan , maybe I’m being cynical .
    im sure other Lifers were there. Praised the fans but said Millwall want Dobbo. Said he’s a West Ham fan but championship money talks. 
    Top guy though hopefully Dobbo interest dies 
  • No tan, just fan 😀
  • Out of all of the left backs mentioned on here Edun was my choice because he has played for Lincoln at this level.
  • More on Edun from my Lincoln mate. He won the u18 Euros with England and was in the team of the tournament selection along with Mason Mount and Ryan Sessegnon. Rate him very highly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if there's any strikers available of a similar mould to Edun where they just need mins because they are down the pecking order. 

Saw Tom Cannon who was mentioned last summer has gone on loan to Preston from Everton. 
  • If the Edun loan goes through it will be good to know that we can still attract quality players. 
    When the window opened I wondered who in their right mind would want to come to Charlton. 
    Hopefully recent performances, including last night, will convince a few more that a move to SE7 isn't the end of the road. 
  • Just had few pints with a very drunk Steve Gallen. Obviously I don’t know him and it seemed a PR stunt but he was bouncing from tan to fan , maybe I’m being cynical .
    im sure other Lifers were there. Praised the fans but said Millwall want Dobbo. Said he’s a West Ham fan but championship money talks. 
    Top guy though hopefully Dobbo interest dies 
    They were sniffing around him in the summer apparently. Mate of a mate (yes i know it's a tenuous link) is close friends with Dobson and mentioned it. However he said he was very unlikely to go there because Dobson's Dad was 100% against him signing for Millwall because (like you say) the family are all big West Ham fans.

Yes money does talk but you'd assume if Millwall are interested then other championship clubs would also be. 
  • edited January 2023
    I'm not in the know but do get snippets from every once in a while. 
    I was told that Bonne has been at Sparrow's lane recently
    Maybe an actual ITK will be comfortable confirming if so.
  • One is done, will be announced this week
    Always makes me laugh when someone alludes to being ITK, posts a cryptic statement and then buggers off leaving us all, like 🐟 out of water gasping for air!

Is it for dramatic effect @covered_end_lad ?
    Hate to say it. Have you ever thought that he may be in the know.
  • redbuttle said:
    One is done, will be announced this week
    Always makes me laugh when someone alludes to being ITK, posts a cryptic statement and then buggers off leaving us all, like 🐟 out of water gasping for air!

Is it for dramatic effect @covered_end_lad ?
    Hate to say it. Have you ever thought that he may be in the know.
    I don’t think he is to be honest, can’t remember the last thing he got right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Addick_8 said:
    I'm not in the know but do get snippets from every once in a while. 
    I was told that Bonne has been at Sparrow's lane recently
    Maybe an actual ITK will be comfortable confirming if so.
    Maybe training with us to keep fit?
  • https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-sheffield-wednesday-race-efl-clubs-to-sign-watford-star-mattie-pollock/

Linked here to a CB , wouldn't be high on my list of priorities personally with EOC coming back and the emergence of Ness.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-sheffield-wednesday-race-efl-clubs-to-sign-watford-star-mattie-pollock/

Linked here to a CB , wouldn't be high on my list of priorities personally with EOC coming back and the emergence of Ness.
    Unless the plan is to move Lavelle on...
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-sheffield-wednesday-race-efl-clubs-to-sign-watford-star-mattie-pollock/

Lavelle is probably 4th choice now with EOC,Innis and Ness in front of him . Could see him moved on possibly. 
  • Well with 5 CB's we certainly won't sign one without at least one, possibly 2, moving on. 
  • edited January 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Lavelle is probably 4th choice now with EOC,Innis and Ness in front of him . Could see him moved on possibly. 
    I suppose if we did play 3-5-2 as well... We'd only technically got Thomas and Mitchell as backups

Even then, after Oxford you have to wonder if Holden likes Thomas either.

Be interesting to see the bench on Saturday against Barnsley, but wonder if we'd even have seen Lavelle on the bench last night, had we been limited to seven substitutes, neither were there for the Lincoln game, with O'Connell back
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I suppose if we did play 3-5-2 as well... We'd only technically got Thomas and Mitchell as backups

Probably not, but can't imagine we'll get rid until the summer. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Can't see Thomas featuring much , would get Deji out on loan in League 2 if possible too. 
  • How much confidence is there in the rumour about Edun signing? I hope it's true , as we need a natural LB and can move Sess to RB and then I'd play Clare in midfield, perhaps in place of Morgan.
  • How much confidence is there in the rumour about Edun signing? I hope it's true , as we need a natural LB and can move Sess to RB and then I'd play Clare in midfield, perhaps in place of Morgan.
    Rich Cawley has basically confirmed its close

https://t.co/vi5pXjOn24