Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• ONLY 2 transfers in during this window 

Dean said in his interview last night they are getting in a couple of players in during this window 

when we are probably going to lose 5 players (JFC) already gone 

we are watching our club fall apart again 🙁☹️😩😭
    Under-promise and over-deliver 
  • I've seen a lot of posts from this person recently - where has he come from?
  • Swisdom said:
    I've seen a lot of posts from this person recently - where has he come from?
    Not sure, he seems to be loving the attention that comes from posting insider knowledge though 
  • One thing. How common are ‘pay as you play’ deals?

Any recent examples of players on one of them?

To me they feel like they are talked about a lot, alongside player swap deals, but never seem to happen. 
    Andy Carroll had to take one at Reading I think 
  • edited January 2023
    Swisdom said:
    Not sure, he seems to be loving the attention that comes from posting insider knowledge though 
    He was right about something over the summer but I can't remember what it was lol I guess that's why his tweets get posted here, people clinging onto cryptic clues from people who MIGHT know something.
  • Swisdom said:
    He was right about something over the summer but I can't remember what it was lol I guess that's why his tweets get posted here, people clinging onto cryptic clues from people who MIGHT know something.
    I think he was right about Garner's appointment.....
  • "Pay as you Play" assume would be low basic salary, and then high appearance fees to make up his expected salary, provided he plays enough games.

Don't think its like a zero hours contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    Worried about Lucas Ness' performance tonight...some may have seen it and think they may come in for him. 
    Ness can't play for another club this season after being at Torquay as well as us.
    Are there rules which limit how many clubs a player can play for in one season? Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season.
  • supaclive said:
    Swisdom said:
    No that was Sausage Dog

This chap got Andy Scott and the others appointments.
  • edited January 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Swisdom said:
    No that was Sausage Dog

in which case there's a very good chance his info is correct and goes straight to the top of the ITK Leaderboard 
  • 801912601 said:
    Had a drink last night in the ground with one of the CAFC community team who had had too many sherbets. Apparently/Allegedly we have offers in for 5 players at the mo - a mix of signings and loans. The Blackburn guy is one, an ex Millwall midfielder is another, a West Ham U21 is another and Conor Wickham on a pay as you play deal is a fourth. Palarse are not looking to recall Saka, Kirk has an offer to go to a Yorkshire based 1st division club but that won’t happen until after Saturday, DJ, Lavelle and Stockley also have clubs wanting to take them. 
    Apologies If this was the beer talking but at least it counts as a rumour 😇
    Most of those sound fairly plausible signings except the Connor Wickham one. I don't doubt the fact we might have offered him a pay as you play deal, but i'd be amazed if he accepted it.

He was on a short term deal at Forest Green and had been playing regularly and scored a few goals. They wanted to keep him but he chose to leave. You'd have to assume he had other offers lined up or why would he turn down their offer? And no player in their right mind is turning down a proper contract to sign a deal where they might get injured next week and not receive a penny.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Swisdom said:
    No that was Sausage Dog

Thanks @Dazzler21 !
  • Is this another transfer where 'today' never comes - we have a lot of those!
  • Funny how many love the clever innovation of 'pay as you play', but have no idea if Aneke might be on such a contract over a 3.5 year term, that includes a very low base.

Dean said in his interview last night they are getting in a couple of players in during this window 

Did he …. he basically said all along he not talking about transfers .. it’s been
    said from other sources that we are looking for at least 4 new players in 

Did he …. he basically said all along he not talking about transfers .. it’s been
    said from other sources that we are looking for at least 4 new players in 
    I have to agree . He has refused to talk about transfers. Listen to his post match interview. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If today's going to be good then time is running out. More bullshit imo.
    The next few hours will be crucial.

A decent striker and a good LB/wing back is what is required at the moment. The emergence of Ness, plus O'Connell returning has eased our desperation for a good centre back. If Stockley is loaned out then we will need another striker. Would Lavelle, Kirk and Jaiyesimi be missed if they go? Not if Henry, Mitchell, Kanu continue to develop into the first team squad. So hopefully we are not falling apart again. (Cup half full today!)
  • If we signed Bonne and Wickham on frees and sold Stockley, what would people think of it?