Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• I always felt the problem with Bonne was he needed several chances to score 1 goal will we be able to create enough chances for him to score the goals we need
  • I'd say Kane is coming in so they can get any kinda fee for Clare. Probably sell him for 100k.
  • edited January 2023
    so are these two on top of the ex milwall, the west ham u21 and Connor Wickham play as you play deals? @801912601   said 5 deals were in the fire so that would make the numbers he said up? 

• Kane has played 100 odd games at champ level over the last 3 years. On paper seems a decent signing at this level
    Not a glamorous signing, but a very solid player this level for sure.

Bit of a strange one, if we do sign Tayo Edun, as would assume Sessegnon would move over to RB with Clare as his back up. Can only assume they don’t expect Manny back this season at all. 
    Or we'd have Kane and Clare compete for the RB slot and Sessegnon and Edun compete for the LB slot because Sessegnon is an excellent, versatile player who is just as comfortable at left back. Sessegnon has had his fitness issues this season so we'll want 4 players to compete for those two slots
    Yes indeed. Sessegnon definitely has his fitness issues that’s for sure - but Edun, and indeed Kane, would have to be some player (at our standard) to keep him out the team. 

(Which is not a bad thing obviously).
  • redbuttle said:
    One is done, will be announced this week
    Always makes me laugh when someone alludes to being ITK, posts a cryptic statement and then buggers off leaving us all, like 🐟 out of water gasping for air!

Is it for dramatic effect @covered_end_lad ?
    Hate to say it. Have you ever thought that he may be in the know.
    Looks like he was..
  • Kane has played 100 odd games at champ level over the last 3 years. On paper seems a decent signing at this level
    Kane looks like another Purrington and Bonne another Washington. Signings just to overcome the mistakes we made over the past year, not game changers.

• edited January 2023
    I wonder if Bonne's release from QPR had anything to do with him publicly telling them he'd be angry if they recalled him from Ipswich. 

“At the minute I can’t really say a lot but I’ll say it straight – I don’t want them to recall me. I don’t want to go back and be third or fourth choice, coming on for a few minutes when I’m thriving here.”

“I found my goal trail, I’ve found my half a yard again. I was sitting on the bench, gaining weight eating Jaffa Cakes (at QPR) and I can’t do that. So I’ve found my sharpness, I’m on a roll and if they put a pause on that I’ll be angry.”

Seems like a very odd bloke given his previous statements/behaviour as well. And this is just what we see in public.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m sure we tried to sign Todd Kane before he joined Oxford on loan a few years ago. Sounds like a player that’s been on Gallen’s radar for a while. 
  • Is Edun still happening?
  • Don’t know anything about Kane. What can we expect ?
    As with all our recent signings an unexpected injury!
  • Chunes said:
    I wonder if Bonne's release from QPR had anything to do with him publicly telling them he'd be angry if they recalled him from Ipswich. 

“At the minute I can’t really say a lot but I’ll say it straight – I don’t want them to recall me. I don’t want to go back and be third or fourth choice, coming on for a few minutes when I’m thriving here.”

“I found my goal trail, I’ve found my half a yard again. I was sitting on the bench, gaining weight eating Jaffa Cakes (at QPR) and I can’t do that. So I’ve found my sharpness, I’m on a roll and if they put a pause on that I’ll be angry.”

Seems like a very odd bloke given his previous statements/behaviour as well. And this is just what we see in public.
    OK well we've found a new nickname for him.
  • mendonca said:
    I'd say Kane is coming in so they can get any kinda fee for Clare. Probably sell him for 100k.
    I wondered if he's a replacement for Clare, but if Egbo is out for the season we need another right back. We shouldn't be relying on Chin as cover.
  • Kane hasn't started a game this season. Come on as sub quite a bit but only for the odd few minutes usually. 
  • Bonne is dogshit, ffs 
    He ain't that good 
    But, is he less dogshit than Stockley?
  • Sponsored links:

• DDOUBLEE said:
    Is Edun still happening?
    I expect so. Looks like the club rightly want senior pros for the second half of the season rather than needing to play Chin, Clayden etc before they are ready.

Clare & Kane will compete for the RB spot
    Sess & Edun will compete for the LB spot

Sounds like Kane may also be able to play CB 
  • I’m sure we tried to sign Todd Kane before he joined Oxford on loan a few years ago. Sounds like a player that’s been on Gallen’s radar for a while. 

Kane is ex QPR, so hardly a surprise if he's on Gallen's radar. 

Indeed both Kane and Bonne scream Gallen rather than Scott ...
    Agreed.
  • Don’t know anything about Kane. What can we expect ?
    Inferno match with the Undertaker 
    THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE 
  • redbuttle said:
    Bonne is dogshit, ffs 
    He ain't that good 
    Neither are what we need.
    Surely we can get better than this pair 
  • edited January 2023
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Don’t know anything about Kane. What can we expect ?
    THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE 
    Mask v mask match Versus Sean Clare for the right back spot in a steel cage !
  • So I make that 5 out (JFC, DJ, McG, MacG and Stockley) and 4-5 in (Edun, Bonne, Ferguson, Kane and another forward please). Doesn't increase numbers overall, but does increase genuine competition for places and strengthen the first 11
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Don’t know anything about Kane. What can we expect ?
    THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE 
    Mask v mask match Versus Sean Clare for the right back spot in a steel cage !
    Mankind Kevin Foley is coming back. 
  • Bailey said:
    If we do sign a left and right back that may free Sess' to go into midfield. If that were the case a midfield three of Dobson, Sess and Fraser would look pretty strong. 
    It might also mean Sess is going back to Fulham.

Hope not. I like him and would love to sign him permanently. Sadly that's not likely.
  • redbuttle said:
    Bonne is dogshit, ffs 
    He ain't that good 
    You two will be gutted if he plays them both !