Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• "Sources have also told this site on 31 December last year that Charlton have submitted a bid for Rotherham United midfielder Shane Ferguson, 31.

Watford centre-back Mattie Pollock is, as revealed by Football Insider on Wednesday (11 January), also on their radar."

• If we signed Bonne and Wickham on frees and sold Stockley, what would people think of it?
    think Stockley will only be a loan too.
  • "Sources have also told this site on 31 December last year that Charlton have submitted a bid for Rotherham United midfielder Shane Ferguson, 31.

Watford centre-back Mattie Pollock is, as revealed by Football Insider on Wednesday (11 January), also on their radar."

Looking forward to the Bonne meltdown and the fish puns, what a time to be alive.
  • Scoham said:
    "Sources have also told this site on 31 December last year that Charlton have submitted a bid for Rotherham United midfielder Shane Ferguson, 31.

Looking forward to the Bonne meltdown and the fish puns, what a time to be alive.
    What a load of pollocks. 
  • If we signed Bonne and Wickham on frees and sold Stockley, what would people think of it?
    Is Stockley's contract finished this summer ?
  • Addick_8 said:
    I'm not in the know but do get snippets from every once in a while. 
    I was told that Bonne has been at Sparrow's lane recently
    Maybe an actual ITK will be comfortable confirming if so.
    👀
  • Bailey said:
    If we signed Bonne and Wickham on frees and sold Stockley, what would people think of it?
    Is Stockley's contract finished this summer ?
    No, summer 2024.
  • If he comes he gets my full support. Wouldn’t be my choice but then it’s not my choice. 
    Like him or loathe him, he would be an improvement on the a forward line that has almost never had the option of two forwards this season, I think that should be a welcome for that reason alone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    If today is also a loan from Blackburn for a left back we've been short of since May 2021, then it is about bloody time, NOT a good day!   Well overdue

• We haven't got any money so Bonne is the best we're going to get.

• J BLOCK said:
    Chunes said:
    He's a poor footballer replacing a poor footballer. Whoop de fecking doo.
    One that also mocks the club. That's the bargain basement pool of players we're fishing in unfortunately. 
    Tbf the fans mocked him first. Couldn't care less if he put up an Instagram post mocking us.
  • edited January 2023
    "Sources have also told this site on 31 December last year that Charlton have submitted a bid for Rotherham United midfielder Shane Ferguson, 31.

Ferguson,  the bid (i wouldn't go as far as a fee) was accepted and personal terms agreed, either a change of heart from the relatively new gaffa (at their end) or an injury crisis stopped it.

Wouldn't surprise me if this one comes back later in the window, even if we sign the Blackburn, or Palace left back.

I don't know about Pollock other than I hope he got his mother's looks.
  • jondon76 said:
    We haven't got any money so Bonne is the best we're going to get.

Only because striker deal fell through last week .. he coming in to replace Stockley .. 
  • jondon76 said:
    We haven't got any money so Bonne is the best we're going to get.

Just need to check his neck muscles in the medical.

Head turner.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Chunes said:
    He's a poor footballer replacing a poor footballer. Whoop de fecking doo.
    One that also mocks the club. That's the bargain basement pool of players we're fishing in unfortunately. 
    Tbf the fans mocked him first. Couldn't care less if he put up an Instagram post mocking us.
     That's fine. Footballers can and should be able to give it back sometimes. But if you're going to give it to the fans of a club you plan on joining a few months later, you must be an absolute moron. 
  • Presumably if true the benefit to us in signing to end of season is that it doesn’t restrict loan signings? That would suggest others on the way?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Ferguson,  the bid (i wouldn't go as far as a fee) was accepted and personal terms agreed, either a change of heart from the relatively new gaffa (at their end) or an injury crisis stopped it.

Wouldn't surprise me if this one comes back later in the window, even if we sign the Blackburn, or Palace left back.

I don't know about Pollock other than I hope he got his mother's looks.
    Rotherham are after Leo Hjelde a young left back from Leeds.
  • Kane, right back
    Adaramola, left back
    Ferguson, left back
    Edun, left back

It's fairly obvious this is the list that Gallen has supplied for players potentially available across the leagues at fullback. It's all about which one is top of the list and which one we actually get now really.

I'd imagine Edun is first choice, Adaramola is the cheap option on loan, Ferguson is the get on loan maybe sign on a free in the summer option, and Kane is a choice for right back and keeping Sess at left back instead, possibly the "last resort"