Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• edited January 2023
    Weighing in on the Mcgrandles thread. Describes himself as a box to box player first and likes to get forward and be attacking but can play deeper. 

I don't know about "hate" as such, just hasn't lived up to some of the hype he was getting when signed I think. As a self described attacking player his stats to date aren't that great. Still plenty of time for him to prove himself though. Seems to be a consistent type which would be perfect this season with so many flip flop players in the side!
  • MarcusH26 said:
    He was seriously highly rated a couple of years back.  Could be decent for them 
  • Weighing in on the Mcgrandles thread. Describes himself as a box to box player first and likes to get forward and be attacking but can play deeper. 

I don't know about "hate" as such, just hasn't lived up to some of the hype he was getting when signed I think. As a self described attacking player his stats to date aren't that great. Still plenty of time for him to prove himself though. Seems to be a consistent type which would be perfect this season with so many flip flop players in the side!
    A friend of mine a Lincoln fan described Mcgrandles as average and often goes missing . Bang on so far.
  • I appreciate what Holden says but the longer it goes on without us signing the more worried I will get. Especially when the sales are happening such as JFC.
    Totally agree. I thought we had learned the lesson of leaving our business until the last minute. Other clubs, Plymouth, Bolton, Barnsley etc seem to be able to sign players, why not us? Beginning to think we have been sold a pup. 
  • Unfortunately some have already written him off and there’s nothing he can do to change minds.

He was the summer signing I was most excited about. There is talent there but we’ve yet to see it, mostly for reasons out of the lad’s control.
    People think football black and white but it’s not .. people who have written him off most likey the same that wrote of Dobson and Clare 
  • Weighing in on the Mcgrandles thread. Describes himself as a box to box player first and likes to get forward and be attacking but can play deeper. 

A friend of mine a Lincoln fan described Mcgrandles as average and often goes missing . Bang on so far.
    He’s not even average.

• edited January 2023
    So, sod all going on here, but at least we have been kept up to date with the going's on at Barnsley and Bolton,, great... 🤷‍♂️ ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I appreciate what Holden says but the longer it goes on without us signing the more worried I will get. Especially when the sales are happening such as JFC.
    Totally agree. I thought we had learned the lesson of leaving our business until the last minute. Other clubs, Plymouth, Bolton, Barnsley etc seem to be able to sign players, why not us? Beginning to think we have been sold a pup. 

When you have less money (like we did in the summer and probably still do now) or when it’s January and you are lower mid-table - we have to wait as players will see if teams with more money or higher league position want to sign them. That’s why those clubs are confirming signings already and we haven’t. We are lower down the transfer food chain than them 
    Who has been sold what?  What have we been sold?  What fantasy have you imagined?  Or is it a fact the rest of us don't know? 
  • Sage said:
    Seems like all the clubs doing business in our league are fighting for promotion. Far easier convincing players to come to your club if you have something positive to offer going into the final months of the season.

And let’s be real, how many players are going to come to us when we’re doing poorly, when no one knows what’s happening, and the manager is only here until the end of the season. Bit of a job selling that to someone with quality, even with Andy Scott and Gallen’s negotiating skills.
    Exactly. Any decent player will be holding out for better offers than us so we will probably have to wait. I’d rather wait for a good player than sign a shit one now 
  • edited January 2023
    51 new comments. A new signing rumour? Nope, just people arguing a player who they definitely hadn't heard of before he signed and has played 8% of available minutes this season is rubbish. Some of you need therapy more than you need a transfer rumours thread
    Yeh, but it is nice to have all the fruit loops in one place where you can keep an eye on us GM.
  • PWADDICK said:

Hopefully heading to their next club together
    They crashed right?
  • PWADDICK said:

More likely a new signing sharing their car for training.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    That’s a fantastic signing. Really wanted us to go for him in the summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Seems like all the clubs doing business in our league are fighting for promotion. Far easier convincing players to come to your club if you have something positive to offer going into the final months of the season.

And let’s be real, how many players are going to come to us when we’re doing poorly, when no one knows what’s happening, and the manager is only here until the end of the season. Bit of a job selling that to someone with quality, even with Andy Scott and Gallen’s negotiating skills.
    Gallen's negotiating skills!?!! 🤣
  • edited January 2023
    PWADDICK said:

Got to keep your good players .. and add to them ,, Kirk the best winger we got his assist stats tells that
    Yes and Lavelle is our best center back and you do know the difference between your arse and your elbow.
  • Would be nice to sign someone, ANYONE before the Man United match, even on loan, please can we just announce someone new already
  • Do our scouts have a database of 4 players? 

Honestly, if we got back Bonne it’ll annoy me. Not because he’s shit (he is) but because we keep signing the same fkin players. Leko next anyone?
    Mullins, Purse, Bonne, Matt Smith?