Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• TEL said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    TEL said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/macauley-bonne-leaves-qpr-040123/

Macaulay Bonne has had his contract terminated 
    I half wondered if this might happen with Aneke. He is never going to be fit enough to rely on. 
    Why would he or we do that? It isn't in his interests to leave us as we play him whenever we can so we would have to pay up his full contract and that doesn't help us out all. Bonne is simply leaving to go and find first team football elsewhere.
    Ordinarily when players are as unfit as he is they don't pay up the whole contract, just a portion to get them off the books. If you work out his price per appearance, he is a duffer. More fool the idiots thought that gave him 3.5 years. 
    Aneke would have to agree to that. There’s no chance he’d settle for less than all the money he is contractually owed. We will have to keep Aneke and just use him when he’s available but in future have enough strikers so that he’s a welcome bonus rather than a player to rely on being fit 
  • Bonne is okay at L1 level but given the intense dislike part of our fanbase have for him it would be a terrible move.

The neanderthal element of our support would be out in force....
  • I think we should bring back Roland’s computer kid what was his name Thomas dressdon or something.his record on players was better than the last few windows we’ve had.under sandgarred and ESI. 
  • edited January 2023
    Dizzle said:

Thankfully mine is Bonne so i'm chuffed! Edit: always read the comments above first...
  • Considering the dearth of strikers available/affordable who would people like us to bring in and be realistic?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:

We’d need about 4 legends just to finish top ten with the current lot. 
  • kodfish said:
    That’ll be their promotion push grind to a halt.
    I personally thought before he got his dream move to QPR he was lazy & uninterested.

He's also overweight this season
  • Considering the dearth of strikers available/affordable who would people like us to bring in and be realistic?
    Mateo Joseph, Abu Kamara or Reyes Cleary, all averaging more than a goal a game in the PL reserves, get them in on loan for 6 months and see if they're better than what we have, and send our own young striker out on loan to develop too 
  • sam3110 said:
    Considering the dearth of strikers available/affordable who would people like us to bring in and be realistic?
    Mateo Joseph, Abu Kamara or Reyes Cleary, all averaging more than a goal a game in the PL reserves, get them in on loan for 6 months and see if they're better than what we have, and send our own young striker out on loan to develop too 
    Those are some impressive returns for all three players - Cleary looks an absolute unit as well
  • Dizzle said:

Jayden Stockley...

Seriously Paulo god knows what he would make of some of them we aren't going up so that would be fun! 
  • Dizzle said:

Has to be Ronnie Schwartz, not sure when his prime was though...
  • John Barnes or Allen Simonsen were decent in their prime 
  • Sponsored links:

• jams said:
    If only we had yann 😢
    Good call. How old is he now.

Eddie Firmani?
  • edited January 2023

Slightly ropey source but Bolton look like they're signing Randell Williams on loan from Hull , wouldn't have minded him as a right sided option. 
    I’d look at Tyler Walker

had a great spell a couple of years ago at Lincoln but lost his way since then.
    maybe his old man, Des, could help with defensive coaching too - bogof

In Honesty he looked great at Lincoln but is low on confidence at present.  Might be worth s look in training 
  • Swisdom said:
    Bonne is okay at L1 level but given the intense dislike part of our fanbase have for him it would be a terrible move.

The neanderthal element of our support would be out in force....
    Harsh.  I'm not a neanderthal.  I just think he is a very poor footballer
    We have a squad of journeymen which he'd fit in with. My main issue would be the verbal abuse he'd get from some of our fanbase - that's the neanderthal element I'm referring to.

Hopefully he won't sign for us as it could prove toxic. 
  • edited January 2023
    mart77 said:
    Please make the yesteryear stuff a separate thread please 🙏
    Try telling everyone that and on all threads.

I was responding to the Twitter post.
  • Dizzle said:

John Hewie 
  • TimAddick said:
    Dizzle said:

John Hewie 
    Chris Powell would sort our defence.