Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• We haven’t signed anyone yet.
    it does looks likely Bonne will return but no point getting pissed and banging on about recruitment until it’s on the official site 
  • I really hope Bonne isn’t coming back, like others, if he was the only striker that would be a huge let down, for me. Perhaps, if he was one and a n other and only a contract to the summer, then that may be acceptable.

I know Stockley is this years scapegoat and whipping boy but as said before he can score but as others have said before Garner was sacked the system didn’t suit his style. Maybe Holden will try and adapt to his strengths and if he could get back to last years form, then I'm sure he and Leaburn could do the trick.
  • Does Holden have any targets from his old clubs - Stoke and Bristol City are outside our normal gene pool and might actually freshen things up a little, rather than recruiting retreads.
  • If we do sign Bonne (I seriously hope we don’t) then surely that’s not an Andy Scott signing seeing as he was a target in the summer.

I’m praying we don’t sign him.
  • Think Bonne would have been decent in Garners original system. Not sure he would suit the way we've played the last few months (would anyone?). No idea how DH wants us to play but it's important we are getting players to suit the way we play rather than getting someone because we wanted them innthe last window and q previous manager and playing style. If we get him I hope we have a proper plan on how to use him.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    Hope we don't sign Bonne. There appears to be no recent evidence that he will be an improvement from Stockley in that position.  

In the games that he has played against us and other teams of late, he has looked woeful.

Maybe let's learn from the Aneke re-signing. 
  • Don't think Bonne would be a bad signing with the 37 quid allocation from Man U away
  • So, Macaulay Bonne has his contract cancelled & suddenly he's joining us 

Over the past few weeks Watt, Austin & Ronaldo have done deals with their clubs so that they are free agents in January......how come we havent talked about them joining us ??  Is it we only want to discuss ex-players  ??  

I'm sure we will be bringing in better than Bonne. 
  • edited January 2023
    @SELR_addicks....mmmh. I thought that initially then remembered how tripe he was against a fading Jason Pearce and then against a kids/reserve Charlton team. 

Feel free to share any evidence, aside from hope, that you feel he will be an improvement. Stockley has probably averaged 3/10 all season. I can see Bonne doing so too if he came here. He would also start with a dodgy attitude and rift with some fans. 
  • edited January 2023
    @golfaddick. It might have something to do with a deal for Bonne falling through on deadline day. The assumption is that the deal might be picked up from where it was left. 

Seeing as we aren't the most creative bunch in the transfer market, I'd say this is a logical assumption. 
  • So, Macaulay Bonne has his contract cancelled & suddenly he's joining us 

Over the past few weeks Watt, Austin & Ronaldo have done deals with their clubs so that they are free agents in January......how come we havent talked about them joining us ??  Is it we only want to discuss ex-players  ??  

I'm sure we will be bringing in better than Bonne. 
    Think it’s because Bonne nearly joined in the summer but fell through at last minute so 2+2 etc.

Don’t agree that we can expect better than Bonne, nothing really to suggest that will be the case.
  • I think Bonne and Ferguson will both be signed in the next few days.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/macauley-bonne-leaves-qpr-040123/

Macaulay Bonne has had his contract terminated 
    I half wondered if this might happen with Aneke. He is never going to be fit enough to rely on. 
  • Done this to death haven’t we. Galen himself said Martin S and the scouts identify the players. Gallen then sells the club to the players and parents (if young) plus negotiates the contracts. Finally Tommy signs the deal off

People don’t want to listen to what really goes on .. 

• TEL said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I half wondered if this might happen with Aneke. He is never going to be fit enough to rely on. 
    Why would he or we do that? It isn't in his interests to leave us as we play him whenever we can so we would have to pay up his full contract and that doesn't help us out all. Bonne is simply leaving to go and find first team football elsewhere.
  • Scoham said:
    There’s a few rumours on Twitter that Bonne is signing for Leyton Orient.
    I'll drive him there myself 😂

have we actually been linked with Bonne by any creditable sources or is just people on here wanting to carry on the constant moaning for moaning sake
  • TEL said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Aneke has 2 and a half years left on his contract, Bonne had 6 months.  It's a big difference.
  • That’ll be their promotion push grind to a halt.
    I personally thought before he got his dream move to QPR he was lazy & uninterested.

• Done this to death haven’t we. Galen himself said Martin S and the scouts identify the players. Gallen then sells the club to the players and parents (if young) plus negotiates the contracts. Finally Tommy signs the deal off

People don’t want to listen to what really goes on .. 

that's the most ironic post I've ever seen on here really 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    TEL said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Why would he or we do that? It isn't in his interests to leave us as we play him whenever we can so we would have to pay up his full contract and that doesn't help us out all. Bonne is simply leaving to go and find first team football elsewhere.
    Ordinarily when players are as unfit as he is they don't pay up the whole contract, just a portion to get them off the books. If you work out his price per appearance, he is a duffer. More fool the idiots though that gave him 3.5 years.