Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• I know it's still early days in the window, but i really thought we'd have a couple of signings by the weekend.

Sucked in again 
    It’s Thursday ffs
  • Only if we have someone in the door first. Otherwise until we do our strikers are Leaburn and... erm... maybe Aneke for 20 minutes a month or so.
  • edited January 2023
    I really hope Bonne isn’t coming back, like others, if he was the only striker that would be a huge let down, for me. Perhaps, if he was one and a n other and only a contract to the summer, then that may be acceptable.

I know Stockley is this years scapegoat and whipping boy but as said before he can score but as others have said before Garner was sacked the system didn’t suit his style. Maybe Holden will try and adapt to his strengths and if he could get back to last years form, then I'm sure he and Leaburn could do the trick.
    That implies that he's receiving unfair criticism, and I don't think he is. Two goals in 24 league matches and various cup games is an awful return, and it's not like he's been testing keepers, or hitting the woodwork regularly.
    A one in three striker in his place might have transformed our season, although I accept with the team playing poorly he would have had his work cut out. But you'd expect a much better return that two goals.

If we do sign Bonne it wouldn't be the end of the world imho, and it'd be an indication of our current status as a club. You'd hope we could sign better, but would better be willing to join us right now?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Was very good at Lincoln a few years back. 
  • ..and very powerful in the air. 
  • Sponsored links:

• He was on a David Earl's football podcast and said he had drop foot. Would certainly still seem like its an ongoing problem.
  • I know it's still early days in the window, but i really thought we'd have a couple of signings by the weekend.

Sucked in again 
    It's Thursday
  • Swisdom said:
    Considering the dearth of strikers available/affordable who would people like us to bring in and be realistic?
    I’d look at Tyler Walker

had a great spell a couple of years ago at Lincoln but lost his way since then.
    maybe his old man, Des, could help with defensive coaching too - bogof

In Honesty he looked great at Lincoln but is low on confidence at present.  Might be worth s look

he out injured till middle of jan 
  • looks like every player is being linked with us and Sheff Wed ??
  • edited January 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    I really hope Bonne isn’t coming back, like others, if he was the only striker that would be a huge let down, for me. Perhaps, if he was one and a n other and only a contract to the summer, then that may be acceptable.

I know Stockley is this years scapegoat and whipping boy but as said before he can score but as others have said before Garner was sacked the system didn’t suit his style. Maybe Holden will try and adapt to his strengths and if he could get back to last years form, then I'm sure he and Leaburn could do the trick.
    That implies that he's receiving unfair criticism, and I don't think he is. Two goals in 24 league matches and various cup games is an awful return, and it's not like he's been testing keepers, or hitting the woodwork regularly.
    A one in three striker in his place might have transformed our season, although I accept with the team playing poorly he would have had his work cut out. But you'd expect a much better return that two goals.

If we do sign Bonne it wouldn't be the end of the world imho, and it'd be an indication of our current status as a club. You'd hope we could sign better, but would better be willing to join us right now?

I haven’t seen him play other than snippets so can’t really comment, just basing it on last season and when he came in the season before. I don’t think a forward being captain works unless you’re Alan Shearer, so, that might have been impacting his game? If being stripped of the captaincy has caused him to throw his toys out of the pram, if he has, is not good.

But you fail to acknowledge, others commenting that the system we’ve employed thus far doesn’t suit his game?

If Holden adapts and try’s playing to his strengths then it might, he scored 20 last season and wasn’t he out injured for a few months, I’d say that’s a good return?

if we do resign Bonne, it might not be the end of the 🌎 but could be very close.

• Redhenry said:
    I know it's still early days in the window, but i really thought we'd have a couple of signings by the weekend.

Sucked in again 
    It's Thursday
    In the good old days weren’t Thursday’s signing days?! Here’s hoping 🤞🏻
  • RC_CAFC said:
    TEL said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/macauley-bonne-leaves-qpr-040123/

Macaulay Bonne has had his contract terminated 
    I half wondered if this might happen with Aneke. He is never going to be fit enough to rely on. 
    Why would he or we do that? It isn't in his interests to leave us as we play him whenever we can so we would have to pay up his full contract and that doesn't help us out all. Bonne is simply leaving to go and find first team football elsewhere.
    Aneke is a waste of wages and a squad place. At least by paying him off, you free up a spot. 
  • mart77 said:
    Redhenry said:
    I know it's still early days in the window, but i really thought we'd have a couple of signings by the weekend.

Sucked in again 
    It's Thursday
    In the good old days weren’t Thursday’s signing days?! Here’s hoping 🤞🏻
    No it's when we read about them in the Mercury 🤣🤣
  • shine166 said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    TEL said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/macauley-bonne-leaves-qpr-040123/

Macaulay Bonne has had his contract terminated 
    I half wondered if this might happen with Aneke. He is never going to be fit enough to rely on. 
    Why would he or we do that? It isn't in his interests to leave us as we play him whenever we can so we would have to pay up his full contract and that doesn't help us out all. Bonne is simply leaving to go and find first team football elsewhere.
    Aneke is a waste of wages and a squad place. At least by paying him off, you free up a spot. 
    Can't argue with the waste of wages but really don't think we have to worry about a squad place, especially with JFC now gone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:

Sofa
  • McGrandles playing for the U21s today, which might explain why we were happy to allow JFC to leave so early in the window
  • Anyone have Butland to Man United and Blind to B Munich in their January predictions? 
  • Butland to Utd kind of makes sense after sending Dubravka back to Newcastle. Butland helps the homegrown player rule too. I guess its why most premier league sides 3rd choice goalie is usually English or played 3 years in England before turning 21. Carson, Elliott, Green, Wright to name a few
  • I was looking forward to a front two of Bonne Nombe
  • I was looking forward to a front two of Bonne Nombe
    I long for the days of Koc & Fanni 
  • Butland to Utd kind of makes sense after sending Dubravka back to Newcastle. Butland helps the homegrown player rule too. I guess its why most premier league sides 3rd choice goalie is usually English or played 3 years in England before turning 21. Carson, Elliott, Green, Wright to name a few
    I can't see homegrown being an issue for Utd, they've got plenty of English players. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Was very good at Lincoln a few years back. 
    What a time to be alive.
  • I expect if we’re signing any loan players it’ll be after this weekends FA cup action. 
  • John Barnes or Allen Simonsen were decent in their prime 
    Simonsen class . Barnes, good career but a shame he never left the centre circle while at Charlton.