Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• The u21s will struggle today having mcCrappy in team. 
    He a decent player . We not seen him yet or in his proper position 
    You mean he is a goal keeper?  Would explain a lot...
  • Don’t believe what you read in the papers Ronnie especially the Plymouth Herold HE fucking shit. 
  • He hasn't been good but he's not played two 90 minutes in a row has he? I remain open minded.
  • But he could still play if not move!
  • Sponsored links:

• Whether it’s 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 Holden likes to play 1 holding midfielder with 2 attacking 8s either side. That’s how he set up at Bristol City as well. I don’t see where McGrandles fits into that other than as Dobsons back up. Probably on pretty good wages so quite an expensive backup to keep around 
  • People writing him off and his hardly played. I'm prepared to see what he can do, given a run in the side. The injuries are unfortunate, he's lacking match fitness, as observed in this afternoons U21 game, so why write him off?
    People could be right that he's pants, or maybe pleasantly surprised, who knows?
    Adkins didn't rate Dobbo, how wrong was he!
  • I appreciate what Holden says but the longer it goes on without us signing the more worried I will get. Especially when the sales are happening such as JFC.
  • NabySarr said:
    Whether it’s 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 Holden likes to play 1 holding midfielder with 2 attacking 8s either side. That’s how he set up at Bristol City as well. I don’t see where McGrandles fits into that other than as Dobsons back up. Probably on pretty good wages so quite an expensive backup to keep around 
    Isn't McGrandles more of an 8 than a defensive player? He certainly prefers to be more attacking 
    I think he prefers it but I just can’t see him scoring/creating enough to be what we are missing as our 3rd midfielder alongside Dobson and Fraser. I’m sure he will get a go there but in my opinion we definitely need a new signing there that has got the energy that Morgan or Gilbey has (and McGrandles probably would have if he was fit) but a bit more quality in the final third 
  • I think our midfield three, if we play a three is Dobson, Fraser and Payne and we need another player in there to pick from. Dobson earns a place despite not scoring many so the other two need to be able to score and create and I see Fraser and Payne as the only two that come close to fitting that bill who we currently have and who is ready. I would prefer a player with a great shot as this is an area we are a bit lacking in IMO.
  • edited January 2023
    Doesn't sound like we'll know much about deals going by this:

Holden said: “I won’t comment at all. It’s really important to me, coming into the job, that we do our work on the quiet because every time a comment comes out publicly it drives rumours and interest. We don’t want to alert any clubs either, in terms of what we’re doing in terms of players coming in or out.”

As it was in the good old days & as it should be I guess.

May as well close the rumours thread now :smile:
    Good to read those comments.

But it won't stop the rumours from drying up completely. Charlton are not the only party involved in negotiations, ins or outs.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think our midfield three, if we play a three is Dobson, Fraser and Payne and we need another player in there to pick from. Dobson earns a place despite not scoring many so the other two need to be able to score and create and I see Fraser and Payne as the only two that come close to fitting that bill who we currently have and who is ready. I would prefer a player with a great shot as this is an area we are a bit lacking in IMO.
    Depends. If we're genuinely going to keep CBT, JRS and Leaburn up front regularly, with Fraser as a 10, we can expect the other midfielder alongside Dobson to be more defensive. If CBT and JRS are going to be asked to constantly track back, or Fraser asked to defend, we need a more attacking bod. Either way, the answer isn't Kirk, DJ,  Henry (yet) or Morgan, and I'd be (pleasantly) shocked if it's McGrandles. 
    There is Henry as well, who does have a great shot.
  • Doesn't sound like we'll know much about deals going by this:

Holden said: “I won’t comment at all. It’s really important to me, coming into the job, that we do our work on the quiet because every time a comment comes out publicly it drives rumours and interest. We don’t want to alert any clubs either, in terms of what we’re doing in terms of players coming in or out.”

As it was in the good old days & as it should be I guess.

May as well close the rumours thread now :smile:
    Good to read those comments.

But it won't stop the rumours from drying up completely. Charlton are not the only party involved in negotiations, ins or outs.
    Telephone, telegram, tellanagent 
    Yeah that would definitely be my first choice 3 at the moment. But still unconvinced on Payne as he’s been quite inconsistent so could do with another option that will add goals to the team. I don’t think Morgan, Gilbey, McGrandles or Henry fit the bill 
  • edited January 2023
  • Southbank said:
    I think our midfield three, if we play a three is Dobson, Fraser and Payne and we need another player in there to pick from. Dobson earns a place despite not scoring many so the other two need to be able to score and create and I see Fraser and Payne as the only two that come close to fitting that bill who we currently have and who is ready. I would prefer a player with a great shot as this is an area we are a bit lacking in IMO.
    There is Henry as well, who does have a great shot.
    I agree but he hasn't fully made the leap yet.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    A good signing for them.