Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• What a lame signing…

(*hopes this is dug out in 6 months time when Bonne’s scored 15 goals and fired us to play off final victory at Wembley)
  • edited January 2023
  • Bonne is bad and i really wasn't a fan of his before but thinking of it as long as we bring in 1 other striker who is more prolific/proven then having him there fighting behind for a spot isn't as bad I suppose...
  • Sponsored links:

• Mrkinski said:
    If we get MB as our much needed striker, we will quickly know the direction of travel for this incoming investment / takeover. 
    If we signed a decent LB, CB, CM and then Bonne, I'd be pretty happy. 
  • Bonne still improves us IMO. I think people are put off by his comments towards us which is fair enough, but if we were signing another playing who had scored 12 last season, and 11 in 33 in the champ a couple of years ago I think we'd pretty happy. 
    Agreed. He's a perfectly adequate L1 level player, but for some reason gets slaughtered on here. The bad blood between him and certain of our fans after the August non move would make it awkward though.
  • Bonne still improves us IMO. I think people are put off by his comments towards us which is fair enough, but if we were signing another playing who had scored 12 last season, and 11 in 33 in the champ a couple of years ago I think we'd pretty happy. 
    Agreed. He's a perfectly adequate L1 level player, but for some reason gets slaughtered on here. The bad blood between him and certain of our fans after the August non move would make it awkward though.
    if we doesn't score for 5 games he'll get absolutely hammered. If he scores 4 in 5 the majority will get over it. 
  • Imagine the buzz when we take off Leaburn and bring on Bonne!
  • edited January 2023
    Bonne still improves us IMO. I think people are put off by his comments towards us which is fair enough, but if we were signing another playing who had scored 12 last season, and 11 in 33 in the champ a couple of years ago I think we'd pretty happy. 
    if we doesn't score for 5 games he'll get absolutely hammered. If he scores 4 in 5 the majority will get over it. 
    That’s exactly it really. If he scores goals that push us towards a play off spot, it will be funny how quickly people will forget some rubbish he said in the past - which is why I find it strange that anyone would make sweeping comments about him at his juncture now.

If he does come, and does not score though, forget this as I’ll be first in the queue to dish out some online verbals 😉 

• Sponsored links:

• He’s not very good, but he’s better than stockley. At least he can move. 
  • We had QPR’s pants around their ankles when they took Bonne off our hands. Couldn’t get into their team back then and then had a loan at Ipswich who didn’t want him either. Might improve us slightly from a very low starting point but if Bonne is the total of our ambition we ain’t going anywhere. 
    I'd like us to sign a left-back and left sided centre-back who could hopefully be part of a promotion winning team next season but let's face it, we can't expect to suddenly build a title winning side in this window. We need a striker who can move and score a few goals, which Bonne should be able to do. In the summer we could then look at improving further. 
  • I would be ok with bringing him back tbh.

14 goals at Championship level, 12 last season for Ipswich.

At this stage, he'd be an upgrade on what we have from both a production (Stockley) and availability (Aneke) standpoint.
    In how many games at Ipswich?
  • I would be ok with bringing him back tbh.

14 goals at Championship level, 12 last season for Ipswich.

At this stage, he'd be an upgrade on what we have from both a production (Stockley) and availability (Aneke) standpoint.
    In how many games at Ipswich?
    35 starts I believe, so he's a 1 in 3 man
  • edited January 2023
    We had QPR’s pants around their ankles when they took Bonne off our hands. Couldn’t get into their team back then and then had a loan at Ipswich who didn’t want him either. Might improve us slightly from a very low starting point but if Bonne is the total of our ambition we ain’t going anywhere. 
    I'd like us to sign a left-back and left sided centre-back who could hopefully be part of a promotion winning team next season but let's face it, we can't expect to suddenly build a title winning side in this window. We need a striker who can move and score a few goals, which Bonne should be able to do. In the summer we could then look at improving further. 
    Exactly the way I see it too. Promotion is all but off the table this season. Doesn't mean we don't try for good players now if they happen to be available but January is notoriously difficult for making big splashes... that's why I think the likes of Nombe from Exeter, Whittaker from Swansea etc. are unlikely.

Hopefully we will be in a position to bring in some more ambitious targets by the summer (don't laugh).
  • I'd be ok with Bonne in if it's in addition to another striker coming in too, with Kanu getting a loan out to develop further. For short term, I'd even accept that second striker to be a young player on loan from higher up, provided they have some talent and a bit of pace about them. 

What's more pressing is a left back, and I'm praying we get one in by the weekend
  • Wouldn't be surprised if Bonne ends up back at Orient 
  • Salford city trying to sign Tony Watt.
  • Bonne is better than Stockley .  Would take him as a bench option on a short term contract . 
  • I love the "Bonne will be okay if we bring another striker in too"......a lot of fans not quite got the jist of our objectives in the transfer market!