Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Nombe is a very specific rumour, and realistic enough to take seriously! 
  • 29 games, 13 goals so far this season.....
  • 11 in 25 league games this season, so considerably better than what we've got. Will believe it when I see it though!
  • FishCostaFortune said:
    I expect that rumour is a nom starter sadly. 

So he would be a sub?
  • edited January 2023
    Be a great start if it is Nombe... Not gonna get my hopes up though, still expect the Striker to be Bonne

Just need Rich Cawley the destroyer of hopes and dreams to deny it as well now, and confirm we're signing neither but are linked with Bogle

It's really Frank Nouble 
  • I expect that rumour is a nom starter sadly. 

Slow Clapping Men Clapping Slowly GIF - Slow Clapping Men
  • iaitch said:
    And we're only signing one player, Mr Versatility.
    Hayden Mullins ? It looks like the patience paid off.
  • Where’s George Maris these days, big fan of his.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hate to say it but why would any player leave Exeter to come to Charlton - doesn't make sense
  • Will we go back to Swindon and sign Tomi Adeloye
  • Heard we're finally getting  Andy Delort.
  • I hate to say it but why would any player leave Exeter to come to Charlton - doesn't make sense
    I agree, sounds like rubbish to me. He could get a champ move at the end of the season. 
  • edited January 2023
    Zero chance of Nombe signing for us. If he is available there will be far bigger fish than us in for him.
    Because Exeter have peaked and there is a good chance that they will drop down to their natural level within a year or 2 (top half l2). We are at an all time low and with a shroud window, can move up. Our natural level
    is higher than exeters. 

Even with Charlton being at a low point and Exeter at a high, we play at a bigger and better stadium, with higher average crowds. Are our training facilities better? Are we offering more money?
  • Sponsored links:

• Zut delors.
  • Nombe will have interest from clubs in a far better position than us but would be awesome if we could pull it off.

It’s not Exeter we’d have to worry about, it’s the likes of Ipswich or Barnsley in the top six or bottom half Championship sides who also are looking for goalscorers.
  • Just checked out Frank Nouble stats since his underwhelming spell at Charlton . Scored less than 50 goals since 2011 . Incredibly long list of clubs,  currently not scoring  on loan at Orient.

• I'm feeling Nombe. 
  • iaitch said:
    And we're only signing one player, Mr Versatility.
    Yes, he’s got to be so versatile, to be able to play in all 11 positions.
  • I would say it will be a swap deal with Jayden plus cash if its on the cards 
  • Jayden would have to take a massive pay cut to go back to Exeter. Think that theory is a non starter personally.
  • barstool said:
    I would say it will be a swap deal with Jayden plus cash if its on the cards 
    That was a bullshit rumour on FLW yesterday wasn't it
  • edited January 2023
    I hate to say it but why would any player leave Exeter to come to Charlton - doesn't make sense
    Because Exeter have peaked and there is a good chance that they will drop down to their natural level within a year or 2 (top half l2). We are at an all time low and with a shroud window, can move up. Our natural level
    is higher than exeters. 

Even with Charlton being at a low point and Exeter at a high, we play at a bigger and better stadium, with higher average crowds. Are our training facilities better? Are we offering more money?
    Are we signing, “The Turin” here’s a clip of their best bits.

https://youtu.be/51UoNyqi9Ao