Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• We still haven't signed anyone yet.

Don't the club realise there's only 27 days to go before the window slams shut?

• Sold out Man Utd when do we get gate money so we can afford some loan players in. 
  • Sold out Man Utd when do we get gate money so we can afford some loan players in. 
    No we haven't sold it out, just people can't get on the webpage properly as the link that was posted doesn't work
  • sam3110 said:
    Sold out Man Utd when do we get gate money so we can afford some loan players in. 
    No we haven't sold it out, just people can't get on the webpage properly as the link that was posted doesn't work
    It has 
  • Exeter would probably be very happy to have Stockley back. He’s really popular down there and had the best spell of his career with them. As has been said, the wages would be a big issue.
  • Oggy Red said:
    We still haven't signed anyone yet.

Why can't the transfer window shut quietly?
  • Now JFC has gone to Stevenage we're even lighter in the middle
    McGrandles ain't fit and can't play anyway, Albie's erratic, Payne's too little
    Is the least cost, pragmatic option to bring back Alex Gilbey?  He's no superstar but he's reliably better than those 3, won't cost much if anything, will be playing in the shop window for his next contract and has plenty to prove. CAFC's potless and urgently needs to arrest a slide into 4th division oblivion.
  • Maybe we could give them Stockley on loan until the end of the season and pay some of his wages? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Smithy said:
    Exeter would probably be very happy to have Stockley back. He’s really popular down there and had the best spell of his career with them. As has been said, the wages would be a big issue.
    The other thing worth thinking about with Stockley is that he may be more inclined to accept a pay reduction to play week in week out, I believe he comes from a fairly wealthy family.
  • edited January 2023
    iaitch said:
    Oggy Red said:

Why can't the transfer window shut quietly?
    It usually does with us, in fact more of a whimper...😴
  • Bournesnr said:
    If we let Stockley go to Exeter we’re back to square one needing two strikers.
    Stockley may not be everybody’s cup of tea but we won’t get anybody better to be a backup striker 
    If we upgraded Stockley for Nombe we'd only need one more IMO
  • edited January 2023
    Wrong thread
  • i know Nombe looks to be only a rumour with not much substance to it atm but not sure he would be ideal anyway i looked at past seasons stats and they are pretty shocking tbh could be this seasons cole stockton!  money talks and we are unsure what market we are in but we need to be aiming for better ideally i think
  • edited January 2023
    Bournesnr said:
    If we let Stockley go to Exeter we’re back to square one needing two strikers.
    Stockley may not be everybody’s cup of tea but we won’t get anybody better to be a backup striker 
    I hope we can get a backup striker who can do better than 1 goal in open play from 23. Think even Marquis would've got more for us than that.
  • barstool said:
    I would say it will be a swap deal with Jayden plus cash if its on the cards 
    Can hear the conversation between the two clubs already

Charlton: How much for Nombe
    Exeter: £500k
    Charlton: How much will you want if we throw in Stockley?
    Exeter: £500k
    If we threw in Stockley, they would want £750k………
  • Oggy Red said:

The next 27 days are crucial 
  • Next week is going to be a busy one…
    You did mean in terms of transfer activity right mate? ;)

I am not usually one to get to flustered if we have not signed someone at the beginning of a transfer window, and appreciate the complex nature of how it all works - and also would much rather get the correct type of player in, then just a panic buy body.

However with the uncertainty of what is going on behind the scenes, the fact that we are woefully short in places in the squad and underperforming on the whole, and we have just picked up a bit of momentum after the Portsmouth win - it would have been a nice lift to have managed to get someone in before this weekends fixture.
  • Sponsored links:

• You'd think any players that we have interest in would be very keen to get signed before next Tuesday!

Guessing most would be cup tied.
  • You'd think any players that we have interest in would be very keen to get signed before next Tuesday!

Guessing most would be cup tied.
    Oh yes very true! 
  • Smithy said:
    Exeter would probably be very happy to have Stockley back. He’s really popular down there and had the best spell of his career with them. As has been said, the wages would be a big issue.
    The other thing worth thinking about with Stockley is that he may be more inclined to accept a pay reduction to play week in week out, I believe he comes from a fairly wealthy family.
    The other thing about Stockley is he has 18 months left on a pretty good contract, has a young family and is settled in South East London. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/macauley-bonne-leaves-qpr-040123/

Macaulay Bonne has had his contract terminated

I would say he is overrated but I am not sure anyone actually rates him.  I dare say he'll sign for someone, score within the first few games and people will say "Ooooh look what we missed out on"  before he then doesn't score for 2 months and he s forgotten.
    Fucking dreadful footballer