Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• PWADDICK said:

Anyone know any tall black players?

Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I fully expect a LB/LWB and a striker in before the weekend. 

Are these "new" targets do you or anyone else know?

The two names I have heard are "familiar".  I expect it to happen bit if course until its done it's not done.
    Washington & Purrington?
    And JFC.
  • Gutted, another one slipped through our fingers.
  • Gave this club my word…and they paid 80 trillion quid for it (or whatever he’s on)
    Again 😫
  • It was good to see Ness start against Portsmouth. Inniss and Lavelle against Raggett and Morrison would have been  a battle of the snails. Ness performance now surely elevates himself above Lavelle so if Oconnell and Thomas are not far off fitness Lavelle can go.
    How many games has Thomas played for us, yet another false economy player signed.  I would let him go before Lavelle and yes I know it would be easy to improve on Lavelle but keeping players that are never fit to play is why we keep having half a squad available to play.  
  • The Terell Thomas signing was pure desperation. Said at the time he should've only signed a deal until January 
    Agreed, unless we have a major injury crisis, he'll just be a waste of wages in the second half of the season
    Messed up the paperwork!
  • edited January 2023
    Swansea have recalled Morgan Whittaker from Plymouth.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/whittaker-recalled
  • Swansea have recalled Morgan Whittaker from Plymouth.

Ouch... Their top scorer as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely he wouldn't go to L2?

• Swansea have recalled Morgan Whittaker from Plymouth.

Knows the ground well......scored twice at The Valley since the summer which is about the same as Stockley 😄 
  • Surely he wouldn't go to L2?

Majority of EFL players would play non league if the money is right 
  • PWADDICK said:

Chuks is going on the Masked Singer isn't he?
    (Subject to medical)
    Chucks could go on The Masked Player and NOT wear a mask and nobody would recognise him. Fans would be confused that he was playing and be nonplussed. Only people that would be able to spot him would be the physio's.

Joking aside, Chuks COULD be a great player at league one and good at championship, but will only ever be average at best due to his poor fitness record. That said if he was fit for 46+ games a season, he wouldn't be at Charlton. 
    That made me laugh out loud. Nice to get a laugh on the january transfer page!!
  • The Terell Thomas signing was pure desperation. Said at the time he should've only signed a deal until January 
    Agreed, unless we have a major injury crisis, he'll just be a waste of wages in the second half of the season
    Injury crisis - That’s a guarantee for us normally 😉
  • sam3110 said:
    PWADDICK said:

Wrong end of the stick, they're a Sheffield Wednesday fan and claiming a current Charlton player is signing for them in January. A tall black player. 

I don't think Leaburn would be off to Sheffield Wednesday, he should be aiming higher than that.

Aneke is always broken, no-one else will sign him from us for money.

No-one chasing promotion from League 1 is signing DJ from us, and he's not tall either, nor is CBT. 

Clare isn't going to be in high demand, so it won't be him.

I can't see Wollacott leaving so soon, and he's injured right now anyway

Elewere won't be on many radars now having played so little this season

So my conclusion is that the above tweet is Horseshit
    Backed up by the fact that I wouldn't recognise half the Charlton squad if I saw them
    in a cafe and im a season ticket holder!! I seriously doubt that a Sheffield wednesday fan would either 
  • edited January 2023
    sam3110 said:
    PWADDICK said:

Wrong end of the stick, they're a Sheffield Wednesday fan and claiming a current Charlton player is signing for them in January. A tall black player. 

I don't think Leaburn would be off to Sheffield Wednesday, he should be aiming higher than that.

No-one chasing promotion from League 1 is signing DJ from us, and he's not tall either, nor is CBT. 

Backed up by the fact that I wouldn't recognise half the Charlton squad if I saw them
    in a cafe and im a season ticket holder!! I seriously doubt that a Sheffield wednesday fan would either 
    Not only that, but the man supposedly recognised he was a Charlton player but then the player "wouldn't give his name". So he recognised he was a Charlton player but didn't know which one? There is a small chance that could be true, but you would then spend 5 mins finding out his name, wouldn't you? 

EDIT - SWBoosted is a Charlton fan actually, not Sheff Wed. 
  • sam3110 said:
    PWADDICK said:

From their profile they're definitely a Charlton fan, I assume it should have been 'ex Charlton'.

• Sponsored links:

• Dad could have spotted someone in a Charlton tracksuit. 
    Asked if they were a player as their kid is a fan and was told I’ll be signing in January. 
  • edited January 2023
    Ex Charlton player, singing in January not signing in january.

It's Bogle's solo tour.
  • The SWBoosted thing was a wind up I believe and the tweet deleted
  • Tyrese Owen ? 
  • Tyrese Owen ? 
    Was linked last week on FLW
  • sam3110 said:
    PWADDICK said:

You’ve forgotten Jack Payne…
  • sam3110 said:
    PWADDICK said:

Sounds like one of our squad then! 😆
  • sam3110 said:
    PWADDICK said:

Player didn’t want to give his name but the Dad recognised him as a Charlton player so must therefore know his name anyway. I call bullshit too but if true could be CBT?
  • sam3110 said:
    PWADDICK said:

Player didn’t want to give his name but the Dad recognised him as a Charlton player so must therefore know his name anyway. I call bullshit too but if true could be CBT?
    It’s definitely bullshit, as are 99.9999% of transfer rumours on Twitter.