Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Salford city trying to sign Tony Watt.
    So would we be happy if he came back to us?
    I'm sure he'd be good in our League.
  • Left Back that would be known to Scott as from Forest.

Young, just signed a new contract (which for a PL kid usually means a loan around the corner), would be his first loan so likely would come cheap, Irish so Gavin, Casey and Molyneux could keep him in good company... Aaron Donnelly.

Not a rumour, just me putting 2+2and likely getting it wrong.
  • We had QPR’s pants around their ankles when they took Bonne off our hands. Couldn’t get into their team back then and then had a loan at Ipswich who didn’t want him either. Might improve us slightly from a very low starting point but if Bonne is the total of our ambition we ain’t going anywhere. 
    arny23394 said:
    He’s not very good, but he’s better than stockley. At least he can move. 
    This sums it up for me.

Never really rated him & thought we did really well getting £2m (?!) from QPR. He is probably a League 1/2 striker and seeing as we are bottom half League 1 he fits the bill. However, I wouldn't be happy if that was our only striker signing......and I'm sure it wont be.
  • If you decide to shop in Poundland you are limited to what you can get.

Bonne, although not ideal, is definitely an improvement on both Chuks and Stockley

Let us be honest anyone who can walk unaided is an improvement on Chuks, and Stockley with 1 goal from open play is hardly setting the world alight.

• edited January 2023
    What is our obsession with signing ex players. Don't want someone who is offside every 2 mins. Don't see how he improves our attacking line 
    Leaburn aside... seriously?

Yes it's a damning indictment of our current situation but he's better than what we have already and is more than capable of being a piece in a promotion chasing squad.

Wouldn't want him to be first choice going into August 2023 but we need to focus on January 2023 first.
  • edited January 2023
    Who was the first one on here to mutter the immortal CL transfer thread phrase "be patient"?
  • I would be ok with bringing him back tbh.

14 goals at Championship level, 12 last season for Ipswich.

At this stage, he'd be an upgrade on what we have from both a production (Stockley) and availability (Aneke) standpoint.
    In how many games at Ipswich?
    35 starts I believe, so he's a 1 in 3 man
    That's not so bad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bonne is a dreadful footballer who got a lucky move (fair play to him but lightning striking twice and all that!). I also suspect that under all the circumstances he’d want to be here about as much as the vast majority of fans would want him. Avoid!!!!!!
  • What is our obsession with signing ex players. Don't want someone who is offside every 2 mins. Don't see how he improves our attacking line 
    I'm presuming you don't watch us very often?

Bonne, although not ideal, is definitely an improvement on both Chuks and Stockley

Let us be honest anyone who can walk unaided is an improvement on Chuks, and Stockley with 1 goal from open play is hardly setting the world alight.

To be honest mate, I have one leg and need lots of walking aids and I still fancy myself to do better that Stockley or Chuks this season. 🤣
  • Thought missing out on Bonne in the summer was "would have been better than nothing" so, meh, if we get him I wont mind, as better than:

1. Stockley
    2. Cheat Code not being available
    3. Stockley
    4. Ruining Kanu
    5. Stockley

Finally finishing off those deals from the summer that MS was telling everyone about then  ;)

• edited January 2023
    Amazed that 12 goals in 43 League One matches is considered a good return. How far we've fallen.

You can state his Championship goals but that is the ultimate purple patch. He followed that up with 3 in 35.

Bonne is a poor footballer who can't contribute anything but goals, and he's not even particularly good at that. 

Yet to see signs anything has changed with our recruitment. 
  • edited January 2023
    This is where having Andy Scott here until the end of January may not make sense - Looks a good appointment on paper, where he can come in and offer some advise on transfers etc. but equally need to remember he's been working with clubs looking to reach and stay in the Premier League.

He's now working with a club looking to stay in League One, the type of player he's probably used to scouting, ain't gonna be interested in coming here - So worth remembering, there may be times where he wont be able to offer much input.

Once again Charlton Athletic are making the right noises, but making them too slowly.

Remember... We got background bodies in to help us with the January Transfer Window, SEVEN days before it opened - Majority of other clubs (Portsmouth and Peterborough have just fucked up), will have been preparing the last few months, identifying the players they'll want to help to strengthen them.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m guessing all the really good transfers come at the end of the transfer window narrative is now in the bin?
  • Either I have somehow missed the official announcement or 99% of posters are not only jumping the gun but leaping the cannon.

Let's not go castigating the scouts/transfers/whoever before we have actually signed someone yeah? Its one report that could very easily be some 2+2=5 "logic" from a journo.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Our scouts working wonders again. 

Are they allowed to go out and watch other teams play? Or are they stuck watching archive footage from our own games?
    Funny that Gallen and Martin, who according to Thomas are always out scouting, are at every single one of our games...
    To be fair, they never said who they were scouting though. The rare self-scout
  • Charlton are the latest club to show an interest in Macauley Langstaff. #CharltonAthletic #CAFC #NottsCounty 
  • two Macauley's in one day linked

To be honest mate, I have one leg and need lots of walking aids and I still fancy myself to do better that Stockley or Chuks this season. 🤣
    Are you left footed?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    We had QPR’s pants around their ankles when they took Bonne off our hands. Couldn’t get into their team back then and then had a loan at Ipswich who didn’t want him either. Might improve us slightly from a very low starting point but if Bonne is the total of our ambition we ain’t going anywhere
    Well isn't that the point of this window?

I don't think it's realistic to start "the rebuild" now.  A couple of Bonne and Ferguson type players that are out of contract in the summer anyway on short term deals and a couple of well chosen Premier League likely lads will be enough to keep us comfortably up.  

As unpalatable as it maybe staying in this division is our number one priority and I never thought I would say that.
    I was thinking or rather hoping that anybody we sign will be with a view to next season and hopefully getting a run at getting out of this league. Why waste money on wages for Bonne when you admit it’s only a short term fix. Spend that money to entice a real target we actually want and who can be an asset next season.

You’ll fly through the medical at Sparrows Lane tomorrow morning. Good to have you on board. How tall are you by the way?