Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• edited February 2023
    Is that the first window for a long time we haven't sold one of our younger talents ?
    It feels like it. 

Another positive is it will be easier to find a peg in the changing room tomorrow !
    Not even square pegs.

Daniel Kanu and Deji its time to take your U18 form to the first team squad now. At 18 and 19 you must be ready for the mediocre 3rd tier.

DJ should Probably have been pulled at the same time as Edwards deal broke down but maybe JJ turned off his phone !

Players out the side are always our best players accordingly to many fan/critics.

We needed a cull and got a cull and other than O'Connell who has jumped on the Wrexham bandwagon, Andy Scott made a difference this window by carrying out TS remit. The 18 will be made up of some youngsters who aren't shite players.
    Players that have been noted by scouts from many clubs. 

• edited February 2023
    I'll give it the next 5 matches, and then judgement shall be passed.
  • When was the last time we paid a fee for a player ?
  • When was the last time we paid a fee for a player ?

• No money spent is the real body blow but I'm glad to see the deadwood turfed out. O'Connell the only surprise departure but he wasn't that great imo. Now a big opportunity for the youngsters to push on. Let's see how good AMB, Ness, Henry, Campbell and Leaburn are. Kanu probably not this season. Plus we really need Bonne to bang in some goals.  Maybe we'll get proper investment in the Summer. 
  • edited February 2023
    Im worried the few wins recently changed there way of thinking and the potential for a relegation scrap 
    think there delusional
    A bigger squad is what we needed!
    Manchester City have 19 in their squad (according the Sky Sports transfer window show this evening). 

[Edit: Now hearing it's 24]
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Just want to check up on them people who got on peoples back for not being happy with all the out goings ? Deadwood or not, you do not have hector not having played in over 6 months, inniss a complete calamity and Thomas who is utter garbage as the only options at centre back. 
    Been to many games recently?
    Please expand on this… I go home and away. This short decent run we have been on won’t make me forget the disgraceful performances inniss has churned over the past two years. I purposely left out ness as he isn’t in the same category as the other three and his position is safe this season. 
    Ok, Apols, but you said ‘you do not have hector not having played in over 6 months, inniss a complete calamity and Thomas who is utter garbage as the only options at centre back.’ 
    Well, they’re not the only options, as someone else pointed out. 
    Inniss, barring his misplaced header v Bolton, has played very well since Holden had a word about keeping it simple. Does he make mistakes? Yes, which is why someone with his obvious assets is playing in League One.  Thomas has hardly played, so utter garbage is harsh imho. 
    Just seems like there’s Window Slamming Shut fever around at the moment, and people end up going on tilt. 
  • Terrell Thomas IS shit
    Which is why he's hardly played when we've had no bloody defenders!
  • msomerton said:
    Are there any out of contract has been players
    That have been sitting on their backside who they can sign to make it look like a big transfer window 
    in addition to Hector you mean?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Just gotta hope that Ness (10 games under his belt) and Inniss (injury prone or red card prone) can stay fit and out of trouble otherwise it's a toss up between two crocked players to replace either. This window COULD come back to haunt us.
    Hector hasn't been injured though has he?  He was a back up player in his last year at Fulham.  Its not a JFC case where he had a serious injury and hadn't played afterwards.
    so what has he been doing since last May?
  • We’ve given away three players we paid a fee for - Kirk, DJ, Lavelle. On loan yes but when would you ever see that at Div 3 level? 

• edited February 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Andy Scott must be on commission….getting all them off of the books, including fees for a couple, and not spending a penny…great work 
    Might not be strictly ‘commission’ but I’d love to see the KPIs in his contract as I assume what he was paid was linked to certain short term deliverables 
    I don't think Scott's job was to jog a few on and discover Bonne, unless he pulled the wool over someone's eyes.  Gallen could have done that.

We haven't unearth any undiscovered gems nor have we negotiated any bank busting sales.

I firmly believe he was here to work out who was an asset, who was a liability, who needed replacing, who was worth investing in, how much it would cost to put together a promotion winning squad with what was left.

If we had sold Dobson, Leaburn etc I would get the "asset stripping" POV but other than EOC, and I suspect the truth will never come out on that one, everyone that left needed to go.  

The incomings are all adequate league 1 players, probably more so than most of our summer signings and certainly more so than last winter.  All be it they are short term fixes, but with the ownership situation up in the air that's not surprising.
    He’ll spill the beans on  [Disney +] in a few weeks. 
  • @JamesSeed
    Disney +  old bean!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t work out if it’s the negativity or the window that’s getting me down. Probably both. 
    Should be used to it by now. 
    Goodnight. 
  • edited February 2023
    Very poor January. 3 out of 10. Only player I'd be interested in seeing playing is Kilkenny, but not likely to go much between now & the end of the season. 2 fit strikers & an injury away (to both up front & in defence) from having to play a youngster or a half fit player. Not what I pay £500 a year for. If you're happy with that then great, but I'm not.

It's not who we let go but who we didnt bring in to replace them. As @supaclive has said, 10-12 players have to be replaced in the summer, and that doesn't count the likes of Leaburn & Dobson who could be off then too. 

We are gradually get worse as every season goes by. Not getting better. Worse. One summer we wont strengthen well enough (maybe this one when the "new owners" decide they haven't got a pot to piss in) and we will get relegated. 

We've been lied to & it's not good. 
    But you said you were leaving! 😉
  • People on twitter/facebook saying Sandgaard is as bad as ESI are irritating.
  • edited February 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Im worried the few wins recently changed there way of thinking and the potential for a relegation scrap 
    think there delusional
    A bigger squad is what we needed!
    We have used the most players in the EFL!  How big do you want.

On Sky they said we had used 32 players this season; that must include the cups.
    Most in the EFL, we definitely needed a cull.
    And 7 of the 8 players going I agree with. And even the eighth we would've received an OTT price as Wrexham were desperate for a CB; unfortunately not desperate enough to go for Lavelle or Thomas but EOC who most of us wanted to keep.
  • Very poor January. 3 out of 10. Only player I'd be interested in seeing playing is Kilkenny, but not likely to go much between now & the end of the season. 2 fit strikers & an injury away (to both up front & in defence) from having to play a youngster or a half fit player. Not what I pay £500 a year for. If you're happy with that then great, but I'm not.

It's not who we let go but who we didnt bring in to replace them. As @supaclive has said, 10-12 players have to be replaced in the summer, and that doesn't count the likes of Leaburn & Dobson who could be off then too. 

We are gradually get worse as every season goes by. Not getting better. Worse. One summer we wont strengthen well enough (maybe this one when the "new owners" decide they haven't got a pot to piss in) and we will get relegated. 

Agree with all of this. But ask yourself, where would we finish with a decent window and where are we likely to finish now? Neither give you much comfort. 
  • So weve shipped out a load of squad players who couldn't even make it into our (mostly shit) first team, who by and large most people seem pleased to see the back of.

That's a good thing then, right?
  • Very poor January. 3 out of 10. Only player I'd be interested in seeing playing is Kilkenny, but not likely to go much between now & the end of the season. 2 fit strikers & an injury away (to both up front & in defence) from having to play a youngster or a half fit player. Not what I pay £500 a year for. If you're happy with that then great, but I'm not.

This is so spot on. I still don’t think we’re safe this season and are only a couple of injuries from really struggling. I’d love to know what the vibe is in the squad. 6 of the 20 players who were in the squad at Old Trafford are out the door. That sort of changeover can have an impact but what that’ll be we don’t know yet. 
  • Off_it said:
    So weve shipped out a load of squad players who couldn't even make it into our (mostly shit) first team, who by and large most people seem pleased to see the back of.

That's a good thing then, right?
    I don't think anyone is saying that honestly. The most positive way of looking at it is that it really could've been a lot worse.