Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Where are all the bed wetters now that it turns out Dobson and Leaburn haven't been sold after all...
    Wondering where all the other players have gone. 
    All of whom (apart from EOC) were surplus to requirements, unfancied by fans and management alike, and big earners
    Citation needed. 

Our bench is filled now with players that haven't played in multiple years or kids. Depth, what depth? 
    AMB
    Sess Inniss Ness Penney
    Kilkenny Dobson Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi Leaburn CBT

Subs - Wollacott, Clare, Hector, Morgan, Payne, Bonne, Aneke

Plus Kane, Thomas, Henry, Campbell and Kanu. Nowhere near as bad as you're making out. 

We're an attacking player light that's for sure. Getting rid of DJ and Kirk without replacing one of them is poor. Obviously was the intention with Edwards but shouldn't be getting rid of DJ if it's fallen through. 
    currently not fit

can you start again with players who are currently fit & ready to play 90 mins.
    Exactly this. Now have no squad players that come in if (when) injuries. Two injuries added to those highlighted above leaves us looking at likes of Chin again to fill bench 
    Seems people struggle to understand the concept of a squad. 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Where are all the bed wetters now that it turns out Dobson and Leaburn haven't been sold after all...
    All of whom (apart from EOC) were surplus to requirements, unfancied by fans and management alike, and big earners
    Citation needed. 

Our bench is filled now with players that haven't played in multiple years or kids. Depth, what depth? 
    AMB
    Sess Inniss Ness Penney
    Kilkenny Dobson Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi Leaburn CBT

Plus Kane, Thomas, Henry, Campbell and Kanu. Nowhere near as bad as you're making out. 

We're an attacking player light that's for sure. Getting rid of DJ and Kirk without replacing one of them is poor. Obviously was the intention with Edwards but shouldn't be getting rid of DJ if it's fallen through. 
    currently not fit

Exactly this. Now have no squad players that come in if (when) injuries. Two injuries added to those highlighted above leaves us looking at likes of Chin again to fill bench 
    To be honest, I have no problem with having the likes of Chin on the bench. Sending him on after 70 minutes is very different from having to start him out of position at LB
  • Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    But we need a squad. Currently leaves us with Inniss, Ness and a crocked Hector.
    Is Hector crocked?
    Evidently he’s been training with Chef Wendy for quite a while and for the last two or three days with us, reported to be in tip top condition.
    Doesn’t sound like he’s crocked to me…..unless you know otherwise that is?
    Even if he isn't crocked he hasnt played a competitive game all season and eight in total in the previous two. However, was reported in the Sheffield Star that he completed the first part of his medical and was then given two days off, didn't return to complete it. Plus comments from their manager, Darren Moore, suggested he isn't yet fit to play. Smacks of Harry Arter, Joe Ledley to me.
    Can you provide a link where Moore suggested he isn't fit to play please? 
  • Leuth said:
    Obviously it's a bit sad to lose EOC as he's class, but everyone else who's left wasn't wanted, and the ones we've brought in either have pedigree or at least got signed by Ipswich in recent years 
    two players have left and one was wanted by most. 
  • Does not look a great transfer window for us unless you think cutting the player wage bill is all it is about. I hope the new players wil prove me wrong ,but just have that gut feeling they wil not.
  • TS,MS,Gallen,Scott and Holden discuss the events of the last day of the transfer window.
  • DJ and Levelle loans confirmed OOS
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Sounds like EOC was not in Holdens plans at all and was offered a lot of money by Wrexham.

I just saw Chris Martin has leftBristol City…always rated him in the past.
    Holden is a yes man that will peddle any nonsense he’s told to say. 
    FFS, how the fuck do you know that……a totally ridiculous comment.
    Didn’t take long before a knife or two is being pulled on someone who has been doing pretty well thus far under very trying circumstances…..Christ alive he’s only been here five minutes, give the guy a bit of respect, no need for that comment whatsoever, way OTT.
    And they’re already turning on Ness and Leaburn.   So there’s only Dobbo left  😂 

Joking apart, it’s been a strange old window. 
  • edited January 2023
    Fucking Hell, those Texan billionaires don"t like spending money do they?

Guess that's why they are cashed up.

Shambles, the tree is rotten and there's no lack of pruning the deadwood that will solve this one. Been passed from crooks to spivs to maniacs to banjo playing morons for a decade now, this is an  ex-tree.
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Citation needed. 

AMB
    Sess Inniss Ness Penney
    Kilkenny Dobson Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi Leaburn CBT

currently not fit

Seems people struggle to understand the concept of a squad. 
    In - AMB, Kane, Penney, Ness, Hector, Kilkenny, Bonne plus Henry and Campbell
    Outs - Mac, Lavelle, O'Connell, Lavelle, JFC, McGrandles, Kirk, DJ and Stockley

It's pretty much 1 in 1 out. We're just a winger short but better at FB. Progress - probably not. But on the verge of losing every single match, nope. 
  • O'Connell probably had a really good offer put to him. Double your wages, come straight into a starting xi. Add on the fact that it's highly likey Wrexham will be promoted this season. He'll also be able to get a nice gaff in Cheshire.

I'd do the same if i was him.
  • Outgoings
    O'Connell makes no sense.  Would have kept DJ who I seem unusual around here in quite liking.

JFC, McG, Kirk, Lavelle going have zero impact, all dreadful players or knackered.  Stockley and McG will have minor impacts.

Incoming
    Bonne is shit
    Penny looks poor
    Kane is out for most of the season
    Kilkenny I have no clue.

Scott clearly came to massively reduce our budget and lied to our faces when he first arrived.

Holden has lost a lot of credibility today.

Hope TS Leaves in the summer not 80% but 100% and that PV can come riding to our rescue.

We have 8-9 really decent players that a new owner could build a very strong team around but it looks bleak right now.

Spot on, great summary.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023

Before today we were 14th
    You think we're ending up much higher?

You aspire to us being bottom half league one?
    I'm not the one embarrassing themself.

I expect more.

Sorry and all that.
    Especially given the rhetoric by Andy Scott just over a month ago.

• Time for a break from this place I think 
    Source? Because yours recently has been unreliable 
  • Time for a break from this place I think 
    No worries, see you in the morning! 🙄