Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• If this lot don't win the next few games, I have a feeling the crowd will either turn against them or just not turn up.
  • When I return in the afterlife I want to be Steve Gallen.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The window has gone pretty much as I suspected it would apart from

EOC going
    Not brining in an extra forward, not necessarily a central striker
    Leaburn staying, I believe he was quite close to moving 10 days ago.

This was always going to be a reshuffle, not a rebuild.

I highly doubt we will get relegated, a lot of deadwood has been chopped away, which most wanted.

I'll judge this window in August if we use the headroom to bring in some genuine quality then this window would have done its job.
    Interesting what you say about Miles. 
  • Andy Scott must be on commission….getting all them off of the books, including fees for a couple, and not spending a penny…great work 
  • Just want to check up on them people who got on peoples back for not being happy with all the out goings ? Deadwood or not, you do not have hector not having played in over 6 months, inniss a complete calamity and Thomas who is utter garbage as the only options at centre back. 
    Been to many games recently?
  • Do love a good relegation scrap. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    fenlandaddick said:
    If this lot don't win the next few games, I have a feeling the crowd will either turn against them or just not turn up.
    Not sure there'll even be a crowd.
  • Andy Scott must be on commission….getting all them off of the books, including fees for a couple, and not spending a penny…great work 
    Might not be strictly ‘commission’ but I’d love to see the KPIs in his contract as I assume what he was paid was linked to certain short term deliverables 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Where are all the bed wetters now that it turns out Dobson and Leaburn haven't been sold after all...
    Wondering where all the other players have gone. 
    All of whom (apart from EOC) were surplus to requirements, unfancied by fans and management alike, and big earners
    Citation needed. 

Our bench is filled now with players that haven't played in multiple years or kids. Depth, what depth? 
    AMB
    Sess Inniss Ness Penney
    Kilkenny Dobson Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi Leaburn CBT

Subs - Wollacott, Clare, Hector, Morgan, Payne, Bonne, Aneke

Plus Kane, Thomas, Henry, Campbell and Kanu. Nowhere near as bad as you're making out. 

We're an attacking player light that's for sure. Getting rid of DJ and Kirk without replacing one of them is poor. Obviously was the intention with Edwards but shouldn't be getting rid of DJ if it's fallen through. 
    currently not fit

can you start again with players who are currently fit & ready to play 90 mins.
    Exactly this. Now have no squad players that come in if (when) injuries. Two injuries added to those highlighted above leaves us looking at likes of Chin again to fill bench 
    Seems people struggle to understand the concept of a squad. 
    In - AMB, Kane, Penney, Ness, Hector, Kilkenny, Bonne plus Henry and Campbell
    Outs - Mac, Lavelle, O'Connell, Lavelle, JFC, McGrandles, Kirk, DJ and Stockley

It's pretty much 1 in 1 out. We're just a winger short but better at FB. Progress - probably not. But on the verge of losing every single match, nope. 
    rather economical with the truth. Ness, AMB, Henry & Campbell were all here at the start of the season so are not "Ins".

And what I don't understand & would like someone to answer is that I keep being told that the answer to my striker issue is that we have a defensive problem rather than an attacking one (seeing as we are 6th best scorers but have let too many in) - so how does losing 2 defenders & replacing them with just 1 (who hasn't played all season) is going to help the situation......

and then added to that, if that wasn't bad enough we can't just say "lets just score more goals instead" when we are now down to just 2 fit strikers.

Must be a new way of trying to climb up the table. Have less of both defenders AND attackers.

• Bailey said:
    There are 22 fit players now available for selection, three goalkeepers, four centre backs, four full backs, six midfielders for three positions, five forwards for the front three positions and I haven't included Chuks or any of the long term injured. Only Maynard Brewer, Ness, Campbell and Leaburn are youngsters in that 22. We have off loaded 7 players and as I've said I haven't included Anke, Egbo or Kane. The squad before the window was 29 players, that squad managed to get us one place away from the bottom four, it has punched above it's weight in recent weeks but saturday was a reality check and for those who went to Oxford, the potential for this squad to plumb the depths is there for all to see. Whatever Sandgaard's reasons or whoever called this cull, it was much needed because I have never seen a squad so full of footballers who are poncing a living. 
    Five forwards, not including Aneke, who are the five?
  • mendonca said:
    We fail to sign a winger, but see no harm in letting 2 leave on loan! 

Our management of all things football related is absolutely horrendous.
    Right, and the last time either of those two actually troubled the first team places was when exactly? I'd rather see Campbell on the bench than either of the two that left. Payne is not a world beater but clearly more in the plan than either Kirk or DJ.

If they weren't going to play and someone somewhere was willing to take even part of the wages then they were always going to leave. I've no doubt at all they'd have been sold outright if we could.
  • Chunes said:
    So what was the point of all that other than cutting costs for costs sake?
    Chunes said:
    So what was the point of all that other than cutting costs for costs sake?
    That's exactly what it was Chunes but look at the players who left, apart from O'Connell, what part have they played in this season. I was shocked when I saw how many players we had in the squad and lots of them were on big contracts. In my opinion it was a good window, whatever the reasons. 
    Might not be strictly ‘commission’ but I’d love to see the KPIs in his contract as I assume what he was paid was linked to certain short term deliverables 
    No wonder he was only brought in until the end of January
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Where are all the bed wetters now that it turns out Dobson and Leaburn haven't been sold after all...
    All of whom (apart from EOC) were surplus to requirements, unfancied by fans and management alike, and big earners
    Citation needed. 

Our bench is filled now with players that haven't played in multiple years or kids. Depth, what depth? 
    AMB
    Sess Inniss Ness Penney
    Kilkenny Dobson Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi Leaburn CBT

Plus Kane, Thomas, Henry, Campbell and Kanu. Nowhere near as bad as you're making out. 

We're an attacking player light that's for sure. Getting rid of DJ and Kirk without replacing one of them is poor. Obviously was the intention with Edwards but shouldn't be getting rid of DJ if it's fallen through. 
    currently not fit

Exactly this. Now have no squad players that come in if (when) injuries. Two injuries added to those highlighted above leaves us looking at likes of Chin again to fill bench 

It's pretty much 1 in 1 out. We're just a winger short but better at FB. Progress - probably not. But on the verge of losing every single match, nope. 
    rather economical with the truth. Ness, AMB, Henry & Campbell were all here at the start of the season so are not "Ins".

And what I don't understand & would like someone to answer is that I keep being told that the answer to my striker issue is that we have a defensive problem rather than an attacking one (seeing as we are 6th best scorers but have let too many in) - so how does losing 2 defenders & replacing them with just 1 (who hasn't played all season) is going to help the situation......

and then added to that, if that wasn't bad enough we can't just say "lets just score more goals instead" when we are now down to just 2 fit strikers.

Must be a new way of trying to climb up the table. Have less of both defenders AND attackers.

AMB left on loan, leaving us with 2 keepers. That's the situation we are in now. Ness didn't play and then left on loan. We had 4 CBs, we still have 4 CBs. 

Henry wasn't used much. Ok maybe I'm being a bit economical with him being an in, but then that applies to JFC as an out because he also, rarely played. Same for Campbell/DJ. 

We have more defenders now then when the summer window shut so you're spouting rubbish. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Im worried the few wins recently changed there way of thinking and the potential for a relegation scrap 
    think there delusional
    A bigger squad is what we needed!
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Citation needed. 

AMB
    Sess Inniss Ness Penney
    Kilkenny Dobson Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi Leaburn CBT

currently not fit

Did Lavelle leave twice ? 
  • Im worried the few wins recently changed there way of thinking and the potential for a relegation scrap 
    think there delusional
    A bigger squad is what we needed!
    It's not though, the squad wasn't particularly small. It was lacking in quality sure, but a bigger squad doesn't mean success. 
  • The cost cutting has not been a secret and the ownership debacle continues. I think Holden’s shifted most of the players that he clearly doesn’t want, no matter who we signed this window we wouldn’t be going up, and as long as we don’t have freak injury problems we should stay up, overall I’m a bit disappointed O’Connell has gone being an experienced centre back, but with that said I don’t think he would be in a League One promotion team next season so not one to lose sleep over.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Just want to check up on them people who got on peoples back for not being happy with all the out goings ? Deadwood or not, you do not have hector not having played in over 6 months, inniss a complete calamity and Thomas who is utter garbage as the only options at centre back. 
    Been to many games recently?
    Please expand on this… I go home and away. This short decent run we have been on won’t make me forget the disgraceful performances inniss has churned over the past two years. I purposely left out ness as he isn’t in the same category as the other three and his position is safe this season. 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Citation needed. 

AMB
    Sess Inniss Ness Penney
    Kilkenny Dobson Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi Leaburn CBT

currently not fit

Did Lavelle leave twice ? 
    Hopefully. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The window has gone pretty much as I suspected it would apart from

EOC going
    Not brining in an extra forward, not necessarily a central striker
    Leaburn staying, I believe he was quite close to moving 10 days ago.

This was always going to be a reshuffle, not a rebuild.

I highly doubt we will get relegated, a lot of deadwood has been chopped away, which most wanted.

I'll judge this window in August if we use the headroom to bring in some genuine quality then this window would have done its job.
    Pretty much how I see it. We went into the window needing Sandgaard to leave for a successful future, a half decent team, bit thin on quality, but one that won't go up or down. We end the window in exactly the same situation. We've moved some players out and can't be massively hopeful with the incomings, but I can't see it being too detrimental. 
    I wonder if you'll change your tune should Innis get sent off & banned for 5 matches and Hector isn't fit enough as well as Boone getting injured too.