Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• so, we kept Thomas who hasn't played much at all this season & let EOC & Lavell to leave.

makes sense  :(
    We've chosen to keep the free transfer on zero money over players that can actually compete in League One. 

Backwards thinking from a management team that don't have a clue. 

Andy Scott walks off with his commission though so it's all fine. 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    So our winger options are literally CBT, Campbell and Rak-Sakyi, quality  :|
    Would imagine the plan is for Payne, Clare and Kanu to be options if we are desperate. Or more likely a switch back to Holdens favoured 3-5-2 
  • sam3110 said:
    Where are all the bed wetters now that it turns out Dobson and Leaburn haven't been sold after all...
    Shitting the bed about everything else...
  • In non Charlton news Forest have signed Keylor Navas on loan, which is mental
  • Sponsored links:

• Mike said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Gwion edwards is done btw
    Pressure is on after pretending to be in the know for a couple years now haha !
    ??
    You always pretend you’re in the know and I don’t think you’ve ever been right and you’ve been caught out again.
    Fair. Wrong on both Thomas and Edwards today who were both 'done'
    Steady. A bit of context:

It's been said that Thomas move called off because O'Connell signed for Wrexham. Thomas stays as cover.

Gwion Edwards signing but failed medical.

• I recall @Henry Irving saying something like ‘bumpy ride ahead’. He wasn’t wrong.
  • Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    But we need a squad. Currently leaves us with Inniss, Ness and a crocked Hector.
    Is Hector crocked?
    Evidently he’s been training with Chef Wendy for quite a while and for the last two or three days with us, reported to be in tip top condition.
    Doesn’t sound like he’s crocked to me…..unless you know otherwise that is?
    Even if he isn't crocked he hasnt played a competitive game all season and eight in total in the previous two. However, was reported in the Sheffield Star that he completed the first part of his medical and was then given two days off, didn't return to complete it. Plus comments from their manager, Darren Moore, suggested he isn't yet fit to play. Smacks of Harry Arter, Joe Ledley to me.
    He won't be match fit now, but the last 2 seasons he was regularly on the bench for Fulham, so it's not as if he was injured. 

So he's unready rather than crocked, which will be a major issue if we lose a centre back in the next few weeks.
    So why did he leave Fulham in May 2022 and it's taken him until February 2023 to get a new deal, a six month deal at that, yet he's apparently fucking brilliant?
  • Did Woolacott end up going out on loan in the end, I genuinely can’t remember?
  • Oggy Red said:
    Mike said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Gwion edwards is done btw
    Pressure is on after pretending to be in the know for a couple years now haha !
    ??
    You always pretend you’re in the know and I don’t think you’ve ever been right and you’ve been caught out again.
    Fair. Wrong on both Thomas and Edwards today who were both 'done'
    Steady. A bit of context:

It's been said that Thomas move called off because O'Connell signed for Wrexham. Thomas stays as cover.

Gwion Edwards signing but failed medical.

In which case they aren't done or definite until everything is signed are they?
  • Valley11 said:
    Downsizing from what we currently are…
    And some people still merrily believe it’s all going to be fine.

We’re fucked.
    What is the point in owning a football club... 
  • So we started the window with a barebones first 11 and no depth. 

We leave the window with a barebones first 11 and no depth. 

Successful? 
  • Sponsored links:

• DDOUBLEE said:
    So our winger options are literally CBT, Campbell and Rak-Sakyi, quality  :|Are you missing Kirk already 
  • Don't we just love deadline day. This one was up there with the best. Its been emotional, we've all been through some stuff together here tonight.... 
  • Just taken my happy pills so looking forward to the summer when we splurge the dosh on the dozen players we need to make a competitive squad. 
  • Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    But we need a squad. Currently leaves us with Inniss, Ness and a crocked Hector.
    Is Hector crocked?
    Evidently he’s been training with Chef Wendy for quite a while and for the last two or three days with us, reported to be in tip top condition.
    Doesn’t sound like he’s crocked to me…..unless you know otherwise that is?
    Even if he isn't crocked he hasnt played a competitive game all season and eight in total in the previous two. However, was reported in the Sheffield Star that he completed the first part of his medical and was then given two days off, didn't return to complete it. Plus comments from their manager, Darren Moore, suggested he isn't yet fit to play. Smacks of Harry Arter, Joe Ledley to me.
    He won't be match fit now, but the last 2 seasons he was regularly on the bench for Fulham, so it's not as if he was injured. 

So he's unready rather than crocked, which will be a major issue if we lose a centre back in the next few weeks.
    So why did he leave Fulham in May 2022 and it's taken him until February 2023 to get a new deal, a six month deal at that, yet he's apparently fucking brilliant?
    I don't know. Maybe he was holding out for a Championship club, and they weren't interested.
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Where are all the bed wetters now that it turns out Dobson and Leaburn haven't been sold after all...
    Wondering where all the other players have gone. 
    All of whom (apart from EOC) were surplus to requirements, unfancied by fans and management alike, and big earners
    Citation needed. 

Our bench is filled now with players that haven't played in multiple years or kids. Depth, what depth? 
  • I Swear when you make signings you juggle a few at a time incase things change or go wrong

we never seem to learn and focus all our energy into one and when it goes tits up late we have no fall back🤬
  • Sandgaard’s next trip to the Valley should be interesting. His modus operandi is very much out there now.
  • Just want to check up on them people who got on peoples back for not being happy with all the out goings ? Deadwood or not, you do not have hector not having played in over 6 months, inniss a complete calamity and Thomas who is utter garbage as the only options at centre back. 
  • Is Conor Wickham still a free agent 👀