Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• supaclive said:
    Oh my god. We have NO players left. We are embarrassing.

I literally want to give up.
    You really have got to laugh at the whole situation…hope the Yank has broken even and can now disappear into the sunset and play his guitar until his ego’s content 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Are the deal sheets done? 

@Cafc43v3r
    No deal sheets in EFL unless we are selling, so straight to pens 😜 
  • Oggy Red said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Am I right in saying they tried and failed to get a late move done for JFC in the summer? Be funny if same thing happened with DJ.
    Why didn't they come in for DJ earlier?

They probably did but we wouldn’t let them progress until we had Edwards over the line.
  • That’s a lot of players to move on in a January transfer window, do people think they were happy or unhappy at being moved on?
  • supaclive said:

Genuine question. Who are you bothered about? Yes the squad is thin, but how much worse will it be than at the start of January?
  • Port Vale sign Matty Taylor from Oxford on loan. A surprising one

Good signing that. Would have liked him
  • Swisdom said:
    Sounds like EOC was not in Holdens plans at all and was offered a lot of money by Wrexham.

I just saw Chris Martin has leftBristol City…always rated him in the past.
    Holden is a yes man that will peddle any nonsense he’s told to say. 
    FFS, how the fuck do you know that……a totally ridiculous comment.
    Didn’t take long before a knife or two is being pulled on someone who has been doing pretty well thus far under very trying circumstances…..Christ alive he’s only been here five minutes, give the guy a bit of respect, no need for that comment whatsoever, way OTT.
    You see who posted it? Can't be surprised surely. 
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    Am I right in saying they tried and failed to get a late move done for JFC in the summer? Be funny if same thing happened with DJ.
    I thought that was Mansfield hence the nickname given to him by Cuddles 😉
  • Oggy Red said:
    supaclive said:

We've got no dead wood left.

The players who have gone, were bench warmers at best. Some were rarely even in the matchday 18.

Name our bench for the upcoming game. Is it better or worse than before the window? 
  • Yann897 said:
    Gwion edwards is done btw
    Pressure is on after pretending to be in the know for a couple years now haha !
    ??
  • Oggy Red said:
    supaclive said:

The players who have gone, were bench warmers at best. Some were rarely even in the matchday 18.

Name our bench for the upcoming game. Is it better or worse than before the window? 
    It's no worse IMO. 

Good signing that. Would have liked him
    Really? way past his sell by date , worse than stockley 
  • Can't figure out if I want to hear Lavelle, Thomas and DJ have left or not! 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• DDOUBLEE said:
    So Innis and Ness left. What happens when Innis is next suspended or injured? Clare at CB? Where’s Elewere? 
    Thomas still there .. Mitchell who was unlucky to lose his place .. Hector very good signing 
    I'm more distraught that you haven't gone to Burton as well
    More Man at C&A.
  • 45 mins and counting Where's the striker? Where's the supposed Edwards deal?
    What striker?

Why are you so convinced we are signing a striker

People go on about needed a striker but in reality only 5 teams have scored more than us this season, and logically we play 1 upfront, Bonne/Leaburn rotate and Aneke as reserve when fit then we have Kanu who can play their if needed as well.

Im more concerned that we have lost CBs and conceding is where we have been having issues
    You not heard of injuries ?  loss of form ? suspensions ?

Cast your mind back just 12 months when the transfer window shut without us getting back up for our strikers & then Washington AND Stockley both got injured & we were playing Burstow & Kanu upfront.

But of course, that can't happen again. 
    Your moaning we are signing a 30 year old winger because he isn't one for the future

Your moaning we are not signing a striker to be 4th choice in case we get injuries

Instead of moaning tell us who you think we could get

But remember based on your guidelines 

They have to be 

A striker
    Good enough to play
    Young that we can sell on

But also remember this

They have to be willing to be backup to Bonne/leaburn

They have to be willing to accept this season is probably over

They have to accept we could be
    sold

They have to accept are managers contract is over in may and the new manager may not want him.

Sooooooo you got this magical name or you just gonna carry on moaning
    No fucking clue mate. But its not my job to know.

Get Gallen to tell you where best to invest £200k & how to calculate the Pension Lifetime Allowance on a DB scheme then I'll find you a striker.

Ok. 
    But Gallen isn't moaning about how you do your job is he.

So if you can't do Gallens job, stop moaning about it and let him get on with it 
    😂

What a mad thing to say

Maybe it was a bit far but it just frustrates me.

People saying things like well he can't do my job so why do I need to do his job.

But he isn't criticizing your job your criticizing his, if he was being critical of your job then you could say to him well do my job, but if your being critical of his job then saying well its not my job, it just seems a kop out to me
  • Oggy Red said:
    supaclive said:

Just much younger ...... !

• edited January 2023
    We've kept our most prized assets, offloaded some deadwood, and are presumably closer to halving last season's losses, financially anyway. As for on the pitch results, signing players with so little game time for the short term isn't ideal, but is why they were available I guess.
  • Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    But we need a squad. Currently leaves us with Inniss, Ness and a crocked Hector.
    Is Hector crocked?
    Evidently he’s been training with Chef Wendy for quite a while and for the last two or three days with us, reported to be in tip top condition.
    Doesn’t sound like he’s crocked to me…..unless you know otherwise that is?
    He might not be crocked, but since the end of the 2019/20 season he has played 8 games. Does that fill you with confidence that he is ready to play on Saturday?
  • Gwion is off 
    A different type of striker…Andy Scott can’t have had his number