Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• DDOUBLEE said:
    We are SURELY bringing someone else in
    Yeah... Gwion Edwards
    PWR…..any more info regarding this deal?
  • AndyG said:
    Thinking about it what we need right now is 3 BILLIONAIRES ! 
    And one of them to play CB.

• Gwion edwards is done btw
    Still time to eff up the paperwork. :smile:

• Has Thomas to FGR been confirmed? 
  • Valley11 said:
    There's some states on here bloody hell! You'd have thought we'd have sold De Bruyne and Haaland. 
    I really hate comments like this.

The concern is obviously not about offloading the likes of Kirk and Lavelle on loan. It’s about the Machiavellian transfer manoeuvring.

This is not Robert Lee joining Newcastle when we’re in second spot in the league. 
    This is leaving us up shit creek without a paddle in the Third Division. The longer we accept this the more it’ll happen. 

A threadbare squad plugged with journeymen on short term deals and loans. We’re better than that, or we should be. 

If you think on top of that selling a player with a modicum of talent in EOC doesn’t cause anger and unrest then you’re a fool. 

Sorry I just can't agree. If we were in real danger of going down or in the top 10, I'd agree. "Plugging the squad with journeymen" will make no difference to the future of this club. 
    No, neither has Lavelle or O’Connell for that matter (don’t think a tweet counts, nothing on Wrexham website)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Can we still raid non league?
    Not once the window slams shut.

Free agents excepted of course. Or should that be accepted if they are a CB? :smile:

No, neither has Lavelle or O’Connell for that matter (don’t think a tweet counts, nothing on Wrexham website)
    O'Connell confirmed.
  • Sponsored links:

30 next month

One for the future.

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2023/january/signed--wrexham-afc-sign-defender-eoghan-oconnell-from-charlton/

• Honestly at this point i've lost all track of who is or isn't a Charlton player now..

Think i'll just wait and check out the updated squad list thread in the morning 
  • Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    Thinking about it what we need right now is 3 BILLIONAIRES ! 
    And one of them to play CB.

Only if he has a really hard shot
  • 45 mins and counting Where's the striker? Where's the supposed Edwards deal?
    What striker?

Why are you so convinced we are signing a striker

People go on about needed a striker but in reality only 5 teams have scored more than us this season, and logically we play 1 upfront, Bonne/Leaburn rotate and Aneke as reserve when fit then we have Kanu who can play their if needed as well.

Im more concerned that we have lost CBs and conceding is where we have been having issues
    You not heard of injuries ?  loss of form ? suspensions ?

Cast your mind back just 12 months when the transfer window shut without us getting back up for our strikers & then Washington AND Stockley both got injured & we were playing Burstow & Kanu upfront.

But of course, that can't happen again. 
    30 next month

One for the future.
    As players rarely last 2 years here it hardly matters...
  • No striker is happening. No-one is gonna come in and agree to be fourth choice for a team that plays one up front.
    Just tell them they’ll be first choice then!
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Bailey said:
    Can a player be recalled on a season-long loan?
    Players on a season-long loan can be recalled by parent clubs in the January transfer window but only if the two clubs have agreed a recall clause in advance. A loan deal can be cancelled at any time in the season if both clubs concerned agree. Does the Premier League have different loan rules to the EFL? Not really.
    That's what I got, what you got ?
    You can not recall a player from loan, from a league club, outside of the window, and then play them.  Period.

I suppose if they were that fed up with him they could send him back but you couldn't play him.  Its the registration that transfers and that can't be done outside the window.

So you can buy and sell, swap and trade who ever you want, when ever you want, buy you can't register them until the window opens.  
    Yep google sold me a pup, you are correct Cafc
  • One that's been confirmed...i'm off to bed, will catch up with all the excitement in the morning.😴...can't wait...🙏
  • So Edwards on loan will be the 11 o’clock ‘sweetener’ after we’ve lost half our defenders in a day. Quality 
  • No striker is happening. No-one is gonna come in and agree to be fourth choice for a team that plays one up front.
    One that’s played 24 minutes this season will.
  • edited January 2023
    How are we going into the second half of the season, with only three centre halves and a choice of two youngsters, three if you include Ness? Club is a mess and it starts with the clown running it. 
    Fourth choice? Lol.
    Holden:

"Daniel, Kanu play on Saturday?"

If that was the case teams would only ever have 2 strikers as no-one would join them knowing that they weren't first choice.

I despair. 
    That's a stinker.