Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Looking forward to the interviews saying "we tried, but couldn't get them over the line. We'll keep an eye on the free agent market"

What a club.
  • Yann897 said:
    Gwion edwards is done btw
    Pressure is on after pretending to be in the know for a couple years now haha !
    ??
    You always pretend you’re in the know and I don’t think you’ve ever been right and you’ve been caught out again.
  • Thomas staying, Lavelle and DJ to be pushed through
  • Despite me not losing my mind, if we lose DJ now it will be really really poor (now Edwards if off). 
  • edited January 2023

We are a couple of injuries from disaster. Just because our whole squad is shit, it doesn't mean moving a lot of shit on and replacing them with loans or short term freebies improves anything.

In six months' time we are left with AMB, Egbo, Ness, Morgan, Dobson, Fraser, CBT, Leaburn and Kanu.

If you think Barker, Deje, Clayden etc mean we have a team that finishes ANYWHERE but bottom half you are deluded!

We are 14th currently. The squad above doesn't touch what we have now.

Wake up!

Wbat actual reality of results can argue what we are left with improves on this years' results???!
  • so, where is this striker that Holden said we were going to bring in so that it didn't matter that Stockley left. 

• sam3110 said:
    Gwion is off 
    It's been said on Twitter, he failed his medical.

• Sponsored links:

• I fucking hate this club. 
  • So our winger options are literally CBT, Campbell and Rak-Sakyi, quality  :|
  • Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    ??
    You always pretend you’re in the know and I don’t think you’ve ever been right and you’ve been caught out again.
    Fair. Wrong on both Thomas and Edwards today who were both 'done'
  • Whoever is ‘buying’ us does not care about this club already. Sangaard not willing to put more money in and potential buyers happy to see us suffer. Whoever is next may well be worse
  • Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    But we need a squad. Currently leaves us with Inniss, Ness and a crocked Hector.
    Is Hector crocked?
    Evidently he’s been training with Chef Wendy for quite a while and for the last two or three days with us, reported to be in tip top condition.
    Doesn’t sound like he’s crocked to me…..unless you know otherwise that is?
    Apparently he didn't complete his medical with Sheff Wed, who he had been training with this season

He hasn't played at all this season

That doesn't scream "match fit" to me.  
    But doesn’t mean he’s crocked, you’re just being your usual negative self.🙄🙄🙄
  • edited January 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    3❌️ in 2❌️ out.

CB ✅️, CM✅️, CF❌️ in

Kirk✅️ and either Thomas or Lavelle✅️ out.

Everyone will be whelmed✅️, at best.

• Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    But we need a squad. Currently leaves us with Inniss, Ness and a crocked Hector.
    Is Hector crocked?
    Evidently he’s been training with Chef Wendy for quite a while and for the last two or three days with us, reported to be in tip top condition.
    Doesn’t sound like he’s crocked to me…..unless you know otherwise that is?
    Even if he isn't crocked he hasnt played a competitive game all season and eight in total in the previous two. However, was reported in the Sheffield Star that he completed the first part of his medical and was then given two days off, didn't return to complete it. Plus comments from their manager, Darren Moore, suggested he isn't yet fit to play. Smacks of Harry Arter, Joe Ledley to me.
    He won't be match fit now, but the last 2 seasons he was regularly on the bench for Fulham, so it's not as if he was injured. 

So he's unready rather than crocked, which will be a major issue if we lose a centre back in the next few weeks.
  • All prepped for another dull league one season next year. Let's hope a decent owner pops along to help us out. The one we have is shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    ??
    More right than wrong thanks
    Chancer alert! 
  • so, we kept Thomas who hasn't played much at all this season & let EOC & Lavell to leave.

makes sense  :(
  • It is a bit of a weird one and slightly confusing tbh. Although I really dont hold out much hope that our new signings will be decent I was really expecting as the clock ticked by an announcement saying Dobson and Leaburn had gone. Apart from EOC cant argue with any of the outgoings. Atleast there must still be some rational thinking going on as I cant see there wasnt interest in players like above and CBT etc yet they wasnt sold
  • Scoham said:
    Pretty sure Holden went on record saying we will only sell or move on players if replacements are found first..... Erm! 
    Perhaps Lavelle and Thomas could both be going but we'll only let one of them move on?
    As I was hoping, would have been ridiculous to get rid of 3 CBs in a day and only bring in 1.
  • Will be interesting when Inniss next lays out someone who gets in his way and gets sent off and gets a 5 match ban who will play centre half.

What's Kilkenny like there? Talking of which, the poor sod must wonder what on earth he has walked into.
  • Redrobo said:
    45 mins and counting Where's the striker? Where's the supposed Edwards deal?
    What striker?

Why are you so convinced we are signing a striker

People go on about needed a striker but in reality only 5 teams have scored more than us this season, and logically we play 1 upfront, Bonne/Leaburn rotate and Aneke as reserve when fit then we have Kanu who can play their if needed as well.

Im more concerned that we have lost CBs and conceding is where we have been having issues
    You not heard of injuries ?  loss of form ? suspensions ?

Cast your mind back just 12 months when the transfer window shut without us getting back up for our strikers & then Washington AND Stockley both got injured & we were playing Burstow & Kanu upfront.

But of course, that can't happen again. 
    Your moaning we are signing a 30 year old winger because he isn't one for the future

Your moaning we are not signing a striker to be 4th choice in case we get injuries

Instead of moaning tell us who you think we could get

But remember based on your guidelines 

They have to be 

A striker
    Good enough to play
    Young that we can sell on

But also remember this

They have to be willing to be backup to Bonne/leaburn

They have to be willing to accept this season is probably over

They have to accept we could be
    sold

They have to accept are managers contract is over in may and the new manager may not want him.

Sooooooo you got this magical name or you just gonna carry on moaning
    Probably say it is not his job.
    Right on the money! lol
  • Gwion edwards is done btw
    This aged well mate 👍😂😂😂😂
  • DJ to,Wimbeldon….you couldn’t make it up😂..absolute car crash of a club …4 in eight out…that works 
    How many of the eight were playing week in week out ?? 
    Got to agree with you Ronnie
  • supaclive said:

We are a couple of injuries from disaster. Just because our whole squad is shit, it doesn't mean moving a lot of shit on and replacing them with loans or short term freebies improves anything.

In six months' time we are left with AMB, Egbo, Ness, Morgan, Dobson, Fraser, CBT, Leaburn and Kanu.

If you think Barker, Deje, Clayden etc mean we have a team that finishes ANYWHERE but bottom half you are deluded!

We are 14th currently.   The squad above doesn't touch what we have now.

Wake uo
    Wbat actual reality of results can argue what we are left with improves on this years' results???!
    Where have I said we've improved? Or that we have a squad capable of doing well? I simply asked what players you were bothered about losing. I notice you haven't answered that. 

The bottom line is bar O'Connell, all the players we've lost were out of favour. Mac, JFC and Thomas were out of contract in the summer anyway. Of the 5 that weren't, 3 are still Charlton players come the end of the season. The only other one is Stockley, who wasn't doing anything. 

I'm not trying to argue this window has been progress. Clearly moving out players and replacing them with loans and freebies on short-term deals is not progress. It does not however, impact next season when everyone, except for O'Connell, would need to be flogged in the summer anyway.