Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• No Matt Smith in?

Gallen Out
  • edited January 2023
    So what was the point of all that other than cutting costs for costs sake?
  • sam3110 said:
    In non Charlton news Forest have signed Keylor Navas on loan, which is mental
    The fact that Henderson gave that sulky interview about being second choice at United only to be second choice at Forest instead now is pretty funny though.
  • mart77 said:
    Sandgaard’s next trip to the Valley should be interesting. His modus operandi is very much out there now.
    I will be amazed if he ever shows up again. His ego couldn't bear the criticism he knows he would get
  • Wollacott Maynard-Brewer
    Egbo Kane
    Inniss Hector
    Ness Thomas
    Sessegnon Penney
    Dobson Clare
    Morgan Henry
    Fraser Kilkenny
    Rak-Sakyi Payne
    Leaburn Bonne
    Blackett-Taylor Campbell

Aneke as the wildcard

Doesn't look much worse than the start of the window, and more balanced too. 

Main issue now is injuries
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    But we need a squad. Currently leaves us with Inniss, Ness and a crocked Hector.
    Is Hector crocked?
    Evidently he’s been training with Chef Wendy for quite a while and for the last two or three days with us, reported to be in tip top condition.
    Doesn’t sound like he’s crocked to me…..unless you know otherwise that is?
    Apparently he didn't complete his medical with Sheff Wed, who he had been training with this season

He hasn't played at all this season

That doesn't scream "match fit" to me.  
    But doesn’t mean he’s crocked, you’re just being your usual negative self.🙄🙄🙄
    If Hector plays before the start of March I'll eat my hat.

If he actually makes it through 60 mins before Easter I'll eat 2 hats. 
    Golfie says if Hector plays before March, he'll eat his hat.

Shall we hold him to that? Just need a volunteer to video it. :smile:

• sam3110 said:
    Where are all the bed wetters now that it turns out Dobson and Leaburn haven't been sold after all...
    Yeah, but everybody else has!

• edited January 2023
    Pretty sure TS will have factored in the savings on kits can be used to put on lights in the changing rooms. Still on the tap water though. 
  • Just want to check up on them people who got on peoples back for not being happy with all the out goings ? Deadwood or not, you do not have hector not having played in over 6 months, inniss a complete calamity and Thomas who is utter garbage as the only options at centre back. 
    We don’t. We also have Ness.
  • Obviously it's a bit sad to lose EOC as he's class, but everyone else who's left wasn't wanted, and the ones we've brought in either have pedigree or at least got signed by Ipswich in recent years 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Where are all the bed wetters now that it turns out Dobson and Leaburn haven't been sold after all...
    Wondering where all the other players have gone. 
    All of whom (apart from EOC) were surplus to requirements, unfancied by fans and management alike, and big earners
    Citation needed. 

Our bench is filled now with players that haven't played in multiple years or kids. Depth, what depth? 
    AMB
    Sess Inniss Ness Penney
    Kilkenny Dobson Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi Leaburn CBT

Subs - Wollacott, Clare, Hector, Morgan, Payne, Bonne, Aneke

Plus Kane, Thomas, Henry, Campbell and Kanu. Nowhere near as bad as you're making out. 

We're an attacking player light that's for sure. Getting rid of DJ and Kirk without replacing one of them is poor. Obviously was the intention with Edwards but shouldn't be getting rid of DJ if it's fallen through. 
    currently not fit

can you start again with players who are currently fit & ready to play 90 mins.
  • Think we're an experienced winger light. CBT has had his fitness issues and only viable replacement is Campbell. Shocking to let DJ go(if it happens) without signing a replacement 
  • DJ to,Wimbeldon….you couldn’t make it up😂..absolute car crash of a club …4 in eight out…that works 
    How many of the eight were playing week in week out ?? 
    None. 
  • Just want to check up on them people who got on peoples back for not being happy with all the out goings ? Deadwood or not, you do not have hector not having played in over 6 months, inniss a complete calamity and Thomas who is utter garbage as the only options at centre back. 
    We don’t. We also have Ness.
    Sssshhhh. Don’t remind them or they might try and flog him too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Whelmed or underwhelmed? Personally I am befuddled, so much going on.
  • So Innis and Ness left. What happens when Innis is next suspended or injured? Clare at CB? Where’s Elewere? 
    Thomas still there .. Mitchell who was unlucky to lose his place .. Hector very good signing 
    Mitchell didn’t have a place. 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    All of whom (apart from EOC) were surplus to requirements, unfancied by fans and management alike, and big earners
    Citation needed. 

Our bench is filled now with players that haven't played in multiple years or kids. Depth, what depth? 
    AMB
    Sess Inniss Ness Penney
    Kilkenny Dobson Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi Leaburn CBT

Plus Kane, Thomas, Henry, Campbell and Kanu. Nowhere near as bad as you're making out. 

We're an attacking player light that's for sure. Getting rid of DJ and Kirk without replacing one of them is poor. Obviously was the intention with Edwards but shouldn't be getting rid of DJ if it's fallen through. 
    currently not fit

Ok well the second choice keeper doesn't really matter. Unlikely to be needed. 

Campbell for Aneke although I have already completely accepted that we're an attacker light. If we had another attacker to go with those we'd be fine. We wouldn't be great but we wouldn't be worse than a month ago. 
  • Just got in from work and read through 50 odd pages of this thread. Holden must be so happy.
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Citation needed. 

AMB
    Sess Inniss Ness Penney
    Kilkenny Dobson Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi Leaburn CBT

currently not fit

Exactly this. Now have no squad players that come in if (when) injuries. Two injuries added to those highlighted above leaves us looking at likes of Chin again to fill bench 
  • Smithy said:
    ‘I don’t think I’d have been brought in if there were no funds. I’ve been promised funds to bring some players in‘ - Andy Scott, December 2022. Either he’s really stupid and was easily deceived by Sandgaard or he’s a liar 
    Or he based that on a transfer window under new owners, not Sandgaard