Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• The battering they got, that's a good point for Arsenal 
  • Title now in City’s hands as well as Arsenals. 
  • One of the games of the season that, it had absolutely everything.

For as bad as they've been, once they got it back to 1-2, the crowd got behind them and Liverpool battered Arsenal. Incredible saves from Ramsdale at the end to save them a point.
  • se9addick said:
    When did Van Dijk retire as a professional footballer?
    Incredible drop off in from this season. Can't even say it's down to the injury (when Pickford killed him), as he was good last season. 

Right now if it was a choice between him and Maguire to start for your team, you'd pick Maguire.
    Mad to think he was about two votes away from the Ballon d'Or only 4 years ago.  Should be still at his peak as a 31 year old centre back now too.
  • se9addick said:

He's not the only Liverpool player to do so this season
    Funny how they have unbelievable seasons where they seem fitter than other teams, then have very sluggish seasons that follow.

A cynical person might suggest it looks a bit like a good doping programme followed by a cycling off year.
  • Linesman elbows Robertson in face at half time
    It's obvious the ref has just gone to shrug him off as he goes to grab him. Anyone describing that as an elbow needs to give their head a wobble.
    If you were elbowed in your face, your head would wobble.

• I know an elbow is probably a stretch, but to be fair,  if a player does that to any other player it's a minimum yellow and I've seen people sent off for less
  • CAFCsayer said:

I know an elbow is probably a stretch, but to be fair,  if a player does that to any other player it's a minimum yellow and I've seen people sent off for less
    If anyone gets a ban it should be Robertson for confronting the referee in an aggressive manner. 

I love the drama of football but people are clearly trying to make a drama out of something which just isn't there. Robertson has mouthed off to the referee and gone to put his hands on him, the referee has instinctively pulled his arm away. The referee wouldn't have had to do that if Robertson hadn't gone to grab him.

If people genuinely think he lost control and decided to swing his elbow then what has been captured must be the most feeble attempt at an elbow I've ever seen.

As was said on Sky the best thing for everyone would be for the referee to miss the next game and leave it at that. 
  • edited April 2023
    se9addick said:

Funny how they have unbelievable seasons where they seem fitter than other teams, then have very sluggish seasons that follow.

A cynical person might suggest it looks a bit like a good doping programme followed by a cycling off year.
    It's amazing isn't it the money in football and no one has ever been caught. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:

It's amazing isn't it the money in football amd no one has ever been caught. 
    Aren't 80% of the Liverpool squad diagnosed with Asthma? Maybe the wheezy fuckers are all out of blue pumps at the moment
  • CAFCsayer said:

I know an elbow is probably a stretch, but to be fair,  if a player does that to any other player it's a minimum yellow and I've seen people sent off for less
    Least the Budgie provides some decent commentary... Was he tweeting?
  • SamB09 said:
    Had a feeling palace would win today and i got 3/1 odds on it , very generous odds
    Dirty money.

Will any good come from it?
  • se9addick said:

I read in the summer, that it's exactly that and this season they were predicted to be struggling. 
  • Ollie Watkins has now scored in 10 of his last 12 PL games. He looked like a player struggling with confidence early season but is a totally different one now.
  • Ollie Watkins has now scored in 10 of his last 12 PL games. He looked like a player struggling with confidence early season but is a totally different one now.
    And Southgate is there today…

Villa looked great in this match, haven’t paid them too much attention this season but they might be building something there.
  • As things stand, Villa are now only 6 points behind 3rd. Incredible run.
  • Bournemouth!
  • Sponsored links:

• Spurs doing Spursy things 
  • Laugh me bollox of if Everton go down 
  • Palace only 3 points behind Chelsea now  :o
  • Long evening ahead for Leicester, 1 0 down already 
  • 2 0 now. 
  • Leicester could be hit for double figures at this rate
  • I dont think sacking Rodgers was the sensible decision

I mean there are many options available better than him, not Smith for sure - So if he couldnt get results, I find it unlikely that another Manager could
  • Laugh me bollox of if Everton go down 

Given their vast FFP overspend, I hope they do.
  • edited April 2023
    3-0
    Haaland with 2 so far 28 min in.
    14 goals in his last 6 in all competitions.
    I think ManC overtakes Arsenal by the end.
  • Haaland is absolutely ridiculous