Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• He is going to get another hat trick isn't he.
  • Leicester could be hit for double figures at this rate
    City are good, but they're no Ipswich 
  • In the last year Haaland, for club and country, has scored 59 goals in 51 games
  • I'm sure we're all laughing at Chelsea, but I genuinely don't know how you can spend 600m and make a team worse. Or how you decide to buy so many players but none of those signings are a striker. Dreadful mismanagement.

Fair enough they've bought a lot of young players for the future but you'd at least expect some of the more expensive new signings to perform. Mudryk already looks a flop, Sterling looks done, Cucurella looks every bit a one season wonder at Brighton. Those 3 alone cost 200m.
  • I'm sure we're all laughing at Chelsea, but I genuinely don't know how you can spend 600m and make a team worse. Or how you decide to buy so many players but none of those signings are a striker. Dreadful mismanagement.

Fair enough they've bought a lot of young players for the future but you'd at least expect some of the more expensive new signings to perform. Mudryk already looks a flop, Sterling looks done, Cucurella looks every bit a one season wonder at Brighton. Those 3 alone cost 200m.
    The one that winds me up is they've paid £10m+ to borrow Joao Felix. Geezer's stealing a living at that level at the moment and being touted around for a £100m move in the summer. Utter dross.
  • Think the owner has had his pants pulled down.
  • Arsenal are a rather good team 
  • Arsenal are so good to watch these days.
    Makes me f'ing sick!
  • Sponsored links:

• Cracking game this.
  • Arse has fallen out of arsenal here. All over the shop.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Cracking game this.
    I'll let you know at the end ...come on you hammers , feel sick saying it 
  • Arsenal have been broken, Man City's to throw away now
  • I had a feeling this would be the weekend that arsenal’s wheels fell off. You can’t give away two goal leads in successive weeks when your main opponent is smashing all and sundry. Will be hard to take given how far in front they were. 
  • edited April 2023
    You can’t drop four points in two matches, both from 2-0 leads, at this time of the season with Man City nipping at your heels.
  • I don't think anyone will be surprised. Arsenal fell apart last season when they had a top 4 spot practically in the bag and now they're doing it (but to a lesser extent as they're not losing) with the title on the line. 

Meanwhile City just power on. Everyone remembers the 18-19 season when they won 14 in a row at the end of the season to pip Liverpool by a point and i think we'll see similar here. They've already won 6 in a row to put the pressure on and i think they'll just keep on winning.
  • Not a particularly good weekend for the messiest relegation scramble ever either. Looks like it’s gone from any three from nine or ten to which of Everton or Forest (money on the latter) is going down with Leicester and Southampton. It’s a funny old game though……
  • Not a particularly good weekend for the messiest relegation scramble ever either. Looks like it’s gone from any three from nine or ten to which of Everton or Forest (money on the latter) is going down with Leicester and Southampton. It’s a funny old game though……
    That appears to be the case. 39 points should be enough to keep a side up and for that reason I think that it's probably any three from five now as I wouldn't exclude Leeds.

Having won three on the bounce unfortunately Palace only need three points from seven games. Wolves, with ten points from their last six games require just five from their final seven. West Ham have only lost one of their last eight games in all comps and a point a game from their final eight games will be enough to keep them up. Nine games ago Bournemouth had 18 points from 22 matches and looked dead and buried but they've picked up 15 points since and six from their final seven should be enough. 

That leaves the other five teams at the bottom. To get to 39 - Southampton (16 from 7), Leicester (14 from 7), Forest (12 from 7), Everton (12 from 7) and Leeds (10 from 8 but they have tough games against Liverpool, City, Newcastle and Spurs in that lot and despite winning a couple of their last five are leaking goals left, right and centre - 14 in their last 5 matches) 
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/17/todd-boehly-chelsea-dressing-room-team-talk-real-madrid/

Todd Boehly gave rallying dressing-room team talk about Chelsea's 'embarrassing' position

• edited April 2023
    Not a particularly good weekend for the messiest relegation scramble ever either. Looks like it’s gone from any three from nine or ten to which of Everton or Forest (money on the latter) is going down with Leicester and Southampton. It’s a funny old game though……
    That appears to be the case. 39 points should be enough to keep a side up and for that reason I think that it's probably any three from five now as I wouldn't exclude Leeds.

Having won three on the bounce unfortunately Palace only need three points from seven games. Wolves, with ten points from their last six games require just five from their final seven. West Ham have only lost one of their last eight games in all comps and a point a game from their final eight games will be enough to keep them up. Nine games ago Bournemouth had 18 points from 22 matches and looked dead and buried but they've picked up 15 points since and six from their final seven should be enough. 

That leaves the other five teams at the bottom. To get to 39 - Southampton (16 from 7), Leicester (14 from 7), Forest (12 from 7), Everton (12 from 7) and Leeds (10 from 8 but they have tough games against Liverpool, City, Newcastle and Spurs in that lot and despite winning a couple of their last five are leaking goals left, right and centre - 14 in their last 5 matches) 
    Make that 20 conceded in their last 6 games 
  • Leeds on for consecutive 5-1 defeats
  • Leeds on for consecutive 5-1 defeats
    Or not!
  • Ouch, a 9 goal hit to GD in 2 games
  • Ouch, a 9 goal hit to GD in 2 games
    I’m sure we can outdo them tomorrow night.
  • edited April 2023
    Leeds manager/coach is an idiot.
    They are so gung ho & wide open it's ridiculous.
  • There's absolutely nothing in their form that suggests this but i still have a feeling Leicester might get out of it. Their next 3 games are:

Wolves H
    Leeds A
    Everton H

They simply have to beat Wolves and then with Leeds' defence and Everton's equally poor form they've got a chance of making a fight of it. 7 points from those 3 games and it all turns round for them.
  • Liverpool this season have won games 9-0, 7-0 and 6-1. 22 goals in 3 games.

But in their other 27 games, scored just 34.
  • Liverpool this season have won games 9-0, 7-0 and 6-1. 22 goals in 3 games.

But in their other 27 games, scored just 34.
    Liverpool's form this season has been a bit like Charlton's.

Very inconsistent, regularly underperforming, but mixed in with a few games where everything has clicked against poor opponents and you think they've finally clicked,