Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

1106107108109110112»

Comments

• Options
    Messi done hardly anything for PSG after the world cup really, and now plays in a joke league. 

Should be Haaland 
  • Options
    The best player ever won the greatest trophy on earth by himself. If he didn’t win it, it would be a travesty and im not even a messi fan boy.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The best player ever won the greatest trophy on earth by himself. If he didn’t win it, it would be a travesty and im not even a messi fan boy.
    Being the best player ever shouldn’t be a factor. He did have a great World Cup but Haaland broke all kinds of scoring records on route to a treble. Winning the World Cup is always to going to favour players from a select group of nations too, not like Haaland can ever win it, 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Being the best player ever shouldn’t be a factor. He did have a great World Cup but Haaland broke all kinds of scoring records on route to a treble. Winning the World Cup is always to going to favour players from a select group of players too, not like Haaland can ever win it, 
    Tbh I don’t disagree deep down but I’m just relaying how I think the people that decide the award think. World Cup performers generally win it outside the Messi/Ronaldo era, Modric 2018, Cannavaro 2006, Ronaldo 2002, Zidane 1998. Messi winning the WC is a shoe in for this year.
  • Options
    Being the best player ever shouldn’t be a factor. He did have a great World Cup but Haaland broke all kinds of scoring records on route to a treble. Winning the World Cup is always to going to favour players from a select group of players too, not like Haaland can ever win it, 
    Tbh I don’t disagree deep down but I’m just relaying how I think the people that decide the award think. World Cup performers generally win it outside the Messi/Ronaldo era, Modric 2018, Cannavaro 2006, Ronaldo 2002, Zidane 1998. Messi winning the WC is a shoe in for this year.
    I agree he will win it. I just think the World Cup bias is harsh. Messi was unreal but still had a solid team behind him. As good as the World Cup is, it’s not particularly competitive until the later rounds. 
  • Options
    This is voting for the Ballon d'Or 2023 though, not 2022. 

Messi will deffo win but IMO he shouldn't, he hasn't been the best player in 2023

• Options
    I agree he will win it. I just think the World Cup bias is harsh. Messi was unreal but still had a solid team behind him. As good as the World Cup is, it’s not particularly competitive until the later rounds. 
    I dunno about solid. Without him that’s the most average team to win it imo.

sam3110 said:
    This is voting for the Ballon d'Or 2023 though, not 2022. 

Messi will deffo win but IMO he shouldn't, he hasn't been the best player in 2023

Award last year was before the WC so they’ve always included it for this year considering the unusual circumstance.
  • Options
    Ah he carried them somewhat I certainly agree, but it wasn’t like a Salah with Egypt or Haaland and Norway, he still had some very good players around him. 
  • Options
    I think Maradona isn't eligible this year.

This Argentina team were pepe's Barca compared to 86.
  • Options
    İlkay Gündoğan or Rodri for me.

Runs and hides.