Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• West Ham losing 2-0 at home to Newcastle. Both goals (from Wilson and Linton respectively) scored by the two players Eddie Howe brought back for the game. He can't do much wrong at the moment. 
    Feck sake West Ham, when you think and hope that the gap can be closed on the Stripey Nigels, their "rivals" cant be arsed
  • Rice needs out pronto. Players like Soucek doing him no favours 
  • edited April 2023
    Keystone Kops defending from the Hammers - they give the ball away in their own box for another goal conceded 22 seconds after the re-start
  • Leicester looking at bringing in Martin O’Neill.

Surely not….
    Macronate said:
    Lampard back to Chelsea as caretaker manager.
    If Palace can bring back Hodgson, then bringing back exes is all the rage. Christian Gross to return to Spurs  :)
    Bring back the Ghost of Bill Nick!
  • Keystone Kops defending from the Hammers - they give the ball away in their own box for another goal conceded 22 seconds after the re-start
    And another! Fabianski having a mare. 
  • If West Ham keep defending like this they are heading for the Championship.
  • Has Moyes been sacked yet?
  • philcafc said:
    If West Ham keep defending like this they are heading for the Championship.
    Presumably they're replacing Moyes with Pardew tomorrow.
  • Moyes a goner  ??

Must be dicey after a heavy defeat at home. 

GD could come into it and this isnt doing them any favours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Potter in tomorrow to replace Moyes?
  • Potter in tomorrow to replace Moyes?
    They need some wizardry to pick them up, that's for sure! 

(Sorry!)
  • Has Moyes been sacked yet?
    They'll bring back Ron Greenwood.
  • End of the season and some fans saying new grounds etc to visit
    Then the next season , the “we’re still 5th” brigade when we were playing utter shit before dribbling down the table to finish 11th 
    and the season after that  the shameful relegation
    and the start of third tier Charlton (10 seasons in 15 next season)the worst footballing period we’ve suffered since we got our first football league promotion .
    As someone who foresaw most of this before the rose tinted, blinkered , head up the arse crew (the day Curbs left was it for me) and I knew we wouldn’t return to the Prem for a long long time , even I never expected us to be this shit whilst palace and scum enjoy their best and close to their best footballing periods .
    Why are people so negative re Charlton …. when will it ever end 
    I mean did I really just read be grateful for having Albie Morgan ffs 

• West Ham losing 2-0 at home to Newcastle. Both goals (from Wilson and Linton respectively) scored by the two players Eddie Howe brought back for the game. He can't do much wrong at the moment. 
    If Arsenal win the league then obviously Arteta will get manager of the year, but if they blow it and City win again, and Newcastle finish top 4 then i think there's a fair case for Howe to win it.
  • edited April 2023
    Macronate said:
    Lampard back to Chelsea as caretaker manager.

After wasting 21 million comp to Brighton for Potter and his coaching team plus how ever much they will have to pay GP after giving him a long contract hiring Frank Lampard as interim/caretaker will appease their odious fans while they decide who's next on the Millionaires merry go-round.

More money than sense Chelsea can let the Legend that is Frank Lampard at the bridge calm things down with no pressure as they are the equivalent of Charlton athletic in League 1: Mid table mediocrity. 
    It's a free hit in CL with their present inability to score many goals.

I predict Chelsea's results will improve until the end of the season. Their players look really tense and Bizarrely this could suit Lampard in his interim role as less is expected of him after his struggles at Everton. After the tinkering of Potter from match to match, FL may get lucky with someone being able to finish. 

I still detest Chelsea.

• It'll be interesting to see what they do if he actually does well. If he ends the season on a good run and somehow miraculously wins the CL, then surely they couldn't get rid of him?
  • edited April 2023
    Potter in tomorrow to replace Moyes?

Anything is possible but it sounds like Potter wants some family time until the summer to see his next move.
    GP was a bad fit for Chelsea and their vast squad and myriad of players on loan and their great expectations, but get a club not so big like a Southampton and he will do a good job.

My tip, he will take over the Saints at the end of the season and attempt to get them back up to the Premier. (He will get the gig even if they don't go down which is unlikely)

• It'll be interesting to see what they do if he actually does well. If he ends the season on a good run and somehow miraculously wins the CL, then surely they couldn't get rid of him?
    he wont though
  • Sounds like Brighton have had 2 goals disallowed for iffy handballs and now they’ve had a clear penalty not given. 

If they don’t get the 3 points those decisions could have a huge impact on their European qualification. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wolves, West Ham and Bournemouth all winning. Leicester in real trouble now 
  • Forest's next 4 is Man Utd, Liverpool, Brighton, Brentford, can't see them picking up too many there.

If Leicester don't buck their ideas up, an interesting relegation scrap could start to look more like Southampton, Leicester and Forest getting cut adrift.
  • Whoever wins between Leeds and Palace tomorrow will go a long way to safety, the way the bottom 3 are playing.
  • That's how, and why, you play out from the back. 
  • Forest's next 4 is Man Utd, Liverpool, Brighton, Brentford, can't see them picking up too many there.

If Leicester don't buck their ideas up, an interesting relegation scrap could start to look more like Southampton, Leicester and Forest getting cut adrift.
    Forest do look doomed when you see that run in, they still have Arsenal to play as well. They're going to have to get a surprise win from somewhere to have any chance of survival.

No idea what's gone wrong at Leicester. A side with the likes of Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Vardy etc really shouldn't be second bottom.
  • edited April 2023
    If Bournemouth stay up with most of us having them as a nap to go down in August and emulating Norwich's efforts last season, Gary O'Neil deserves a new improved contract. Great job after taking over from Scott Parker.

Judging by the 13 managerial changes this season aren't all Premier managers interim?

Except maybe Pep and Klopp. If the majority of Arsenal fans had their way Arteta would've been sacked last season.

I'm not sure I have seen as many one on ones that I saw in the Man United v Blue Scousers match earlier.
    Everton Having defenders pushing up to half way when you are attacking seemed bizarre when United have fast forward to get in behind ! Unusual tactics from Dyche but I guess he felt it was a free hit so he tried something different. Pickford was MOM by keeping the score under 6.

Forest do look doomed when you see that run in, they still have Arsenal to play as well. They're going to have to get a surprise win from somewhere to have any chance of survival.

No idea what's gone wrong at Leicester. A side with the likes of Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Vardy etc really shouldn't be second bottom.
    Are they really that good though? All Premier League teams are full of internationals these days. The standard is extraordinarily high. It's like an unofficial European League. Of the players you mentioned only to the first two would walk into their rivals' teams imo.

Just look at West Ham. They have possibly England's best ever defensive midfielder and they have only just made their way out of the bottom three.
  • That Haaland goal was ridiculous athleticism. Was moving away from the goal but managed to transfer that much power into the connection.
  • Kevin De Bruyne…..genius, what is it that gives him the ability, is he a freak of nature, does he have a rare god given eye to brain connection different to the rest of us?
    If we knew the answer we could bottle it, let’s all make the most of a great time watching it happen before our eyes.
    What a shame that Belgium were so disappointing at The World Cup and he didn’t have the opportunity to show the world what a talent he is.
    I really do think he’s the greatest creative player I have ever seen…..simply sublime.