Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Best Game with an end product for Jack Grealish since his Villa days.

No Arsenal celebrations !
    He looks after the ball much better than he did at Villa.  It's not as spectacular but more effective.
    His form since the WC has gone up a gear. I've not been his biggest fan and thought he flattered to deceive a lot of the time but he's now producing the goods on a far more regular basis. Comfortably his best game for City yesterday.
  • Brendan Rodgers has left Leicester by mutual consent.
  • Brendan Rodgers has left Leicester by mutual consent.
    Losing to that shower was definitely a sackable offence 
  • I thought managers only got sacked when they lost to us. 
  • edited April 2023
    Let's move on from stalking Palace for fox's sake:

Newcastle well deserve to be in the lead but can they win with 20 minutes to go.
    Willock made amends after a bad miss in the 1st half.
  • Let's move on from stalking Palace for fox's sake:

Newcastle well deserve to be in the lead but can they win with 20 minutes to go.
    Willow made amends after a bad miss in the 1st half.
    Warwick Davies was in that, wasn't he?
  • No more than Newcastle deserve, Man U have been poor.
  • edited April 2023
    This has been a two goal battering with goals from Joe Willock and Calum Wilson.
    Desperate Dan Burns is a beast and the Geordie's love their local Giant.
    Revenge for the Wembley defeat for Newcastle.
  • Man City showing why it will go right down to the Wire in the Title race UNLESS Arsenal don't wobble.

Cracking game with the City squad showing its depth.
    Arsenal do have a pretty tough run of games, so you can see them dropping some points away from home. 

Liverpool away
    West Ham away
    Southampton home
    Man City away
    Chelsea home
    Newcastle away
    Brighton home
    Forest away
    Wolves home

Meanwhile you look at the games City have and you can see them going on a long winning run (like they did when they were neck and neck with Liverpool a few years ago) and winning it. 

Southampton away
    Leicester home
    Arsenal home
    Fulham away
    West ham home
    Leeds home
    Brighton away
    Everton home
    Chelsea home
    Brentford away

City of course do have the distraction of the champions league though, but Arsenal only have to focus on the league.
  • philcafc said:
    No more than Newcastle deserve, Man U have been poor.
    Fernandes and Rashford were anonymous. United really missed Casemiro, they just couldn't get going.

Opens up the top 4 race though. If Spurs get a result tomorrow then United will have gone from being comfortable in 3rd a few weeks ago to suddenly finding themselves in 5th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Title race is a lot closer than it looks - City still have a game in hand, and they play each other so could be effectively a 2 point lead.
  • interesting game tonight Everton v Spurs .. both need points on the one hand to stave off relegation, on the other to regain some credibility 
  • Hoping for an Everton win... Makes the Palace win on Saturday a little bit more worthless what with West Ham | Nottingham Forest | Wolves | Bournemouth all getting points in some form on the weekend
  • interesting game tonight Everton v Spurs ..  
    Interesting you call it?
    Dull as dishwater sh*t I call it lol

• Kane made a meal of that & was the aggressor at the beginning by fouling the Everton player & then getting involved with Decoure
  • Want Everton to lose but I now exoect them up go on and win. 
  • Pen to Spurs, silly foul
  • What the fuck are Spurs playing at ??? Playing it around at tte back against 10 men and almost getting into trouble every time. They've hardly attacked since going ahead. 
  • Wow what a finish from the centre back who gave away the pen
  • Deserved that the way they've sat back and let them come onto them
  • Sponsored links:

• Redemption
  • Scouse mugs going on like they’ve won. Love see them go down.
  • Nottingham Forest have been dragged right back into the relegation fight havent they
  • edited April 2023
    Nottingham Forest have been dragged right back into the relegation fight havent they
    They  never really left it in the first place! Leeds vs Forest tomorrow is yet another relegation 6 pointer
  • The OPTA relegation predictor on the likelihood of each of the teams in the relegation battle going down:

Southampton 85%
    Nottingham Forest 55%
    Everton 43%
    Bournemouth 38%
    Leeds 24%
    Wolves 22%
    Leicester 20%
    West Ham 10%
    Crystal Palace 3%

• The OPTA relegation predictor on the likelihood of each of the teams in the relegation battle going down:

Southampton 85%
    Nottingham Forest 55%
    Everton 43%
    Bournemouth 38%
    Leeds 24%
    Wolves 22%
    Leicester 20%
    West Ham 10%
    Crystal Palace 3%

Not sure why they're so confident that Leicester will stay up, as they've been in awful form. Indeed I've have them as more likely to go down than Everton

Southampton 85%
    Nottingham Forest 55%
    Everton 43%
    Bournemouth 38%
    Leeds 24%
    Wolves 22%
    Leicester 20%
    West Ham 10%
    Crystal Palace 3%

Not sure why they're so confident that Leicester will stay up, as they've been in awful form. Indeed I've have them as more likely to go down than Everton
    I agree given that they have only picked up one point from their last 18. I'm sure that their predictor won't factor in any potential new Manager bounce so can only assume that it is based on their and the other teams' run in. What they do have in their favour is that six of their final 10 games are at home with Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Wolves, Everton and West Ham five of those to visit plus they have Leeds and Fulham away. The only games where, with any resurgence of form they are unlikely to pick up anything would be Liverpool at home and Newcastle and Man City away.   

Forest, by comparison, have completely the opposite run in with four at home and six away and those home games include an in form Brighton plus Man Utd and Arsenal. They should expect to win their other home game against Southampton but have to travel to Leeds, Villa, Palace, Chelsea, Liverpool and Brentford and they have only picked up six points and scored a pathetic four goals on their travels all season. So they should be second favs to go down. 

The issue with Everton is that they have played one game more, have an inferior goal difference compared to Leicester where they have to go in what is one of their five away matches. Man United, away, is another, on Saturday and for an Everton side that has only won once all season away from Goodison that might be a tall order. 

Southampton 85%
    Nottingham Forest 55%
    Everton 43%
    Bournemouth 38%
    Leeds 24%
    Wolves 22%
    Leicester 20%
    West Ham 10%
    Crystal Palace 3%

Yeah i think Everton will get out of it. 

I think Southampton will go down, and looking at the remaining fixtures i think Forest are in the most trouble. Huge game tonight though as they play Leeds, whoever loses that is bang in trouble.

Leeds' last 4 games are very tough, so if they're still down there by then, i think they're gone. Big week for them though, Forest and Palace both at home. 
  • Kane got the player sent off by faking and diving, I hope they look at that and punish him 
  • Deserved that the way they've sat back and let them come onto them
    This.  Drives me insane.
    Up to the penalty, I would have said we were in reasonable control of that game.  The way we backed off of 10 players is absolutely shameful.

When Everton equalized, I thought they'd go on and win it tbh.

As for Moura, reckless but one of those where you stretch and you dont know where the foot will come down, he knew as soon as he made contact he was going off.

Meanwhile... after the next managerial appointment... Roll on 12 months...