Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Leuth said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Got a feeling that Spurs have missed Kulusevski
    Ha, what makes you say that?!?! lol

F*ck me we're a hard watch now, a million miles away from the team that ended last season.

Positives, Bentancur gets better and better and Bissouma had his best game of the season yesterday.  Not much else to take from that game sadly but given the injury list, cant say any of us were expecting any different.

As for Dier, he hadnt put a foot wrong before he got his England call up.  Now his form has dropped off a cliff too.  Jeez.
    Bloody frustrating John Boy, if you played like the second half in the first, same old story this season. You have got out of jail on a few occasions, but a mystery why you start so slow and lacklustre. 

Definitely Doherty deserves a run ahead of Emerson, Spence also is a talent so seems a bit wasted and maybe deserves a shot. Kully made a massive difference when he came on, pace, power and quality, i did wonder even when fit and rotating with Richarlinson his record and performances were too good to drop. 

Agree with the last point re: Dier, people moaning, but he has been one of the best defenders this season up until the last couple, i'd take him but not sure he would start really. Personally think Burns should be starting but again hasn't played yet so maybe too risky for Mr Safe Southgate?
    Who's Burns?
    In one of the best defences in the league, do you not watch Premier league... considering the title i didn't feel i had to specify Dan Burn he has been outstanding! 
    Yes, but not at centre-back.

Whether Shaw should be picked ahead of him is another matter
    He is a Centre Back!! lol he can play LB but he is a LCB, Targett is left back for them.

Edit - He is a centre back that is filling in at LB, he can play either but LCB is his actual position. 
    Like saying Ben White should be a starting CB for England. 

There's a reason he's playing RB rather than CB, same as Dan Burn with LB. 
    Yeah that he’s playing too well to be dropped. It’s a credit to Burn that he’s still being picked out of position despite Targett waiting in the wings. 
  • Leuth said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

F*ck me we're a hard watch now, a million miles away from the team that ended last season.

Positives, Bentancur gets better and better and Bissouma had his best game of the season yesterday.  Not much else to take from that game sadly but given the injury list, cant say any of us were expecting any different.

As for Dier, he hadnt put a foot wrong before he got his England call up.  Now his form has dropped off a cliff too.  Jeez.
    Bloody frustrating John Boy, if you played like the second half in the first, same old story this season. You have got out of jail on a few occasions, but a mystery why you start so slow and lacklustre. 

Definitely Doherty deserves a run ahead of Emerson, Spence also is a talent so seems a bit wasted and maybe deserves a shot. Kully made a massive difference when he came on, pace, power and quality, i did wonder even when fit and rotating with Richarlinson his record and performances were too good to drop. 

Agree with the last point re: Dier, people moaning, but he has been one of the best defenders this season up until the last couple, i'd take him but not sure he would start really. Personally think Burns should be starting but again hasn't played yet so maybe too risky for Mr Safe Southgate?
    Who's Burns?
    In one of the best defences in the league, do you not watch Premier league... considering the title i didn't feel i had to specify Dan Burn he has been outstanding! 

He is a Centre Back!! lol he can play LB but he is a LCB, Targett is left back for them.

Edit - He is a centre back that is filling in at LB, he can play either but LCB is his actual position. 

But, there again, Walker plays RB at City but mostly CB for England
  • And there's a difference between a Liverpool RB like TAA, who really is a winger, and RBs at other clubs who have a more balanced role.
  • FSG have today decided to put Liverpool up for sale.
    reportedly bought for £300 Million in 2010, the asking price also reportedly could be £4 Billion .. anywhere near that would be a massive profit for FSG, inflation or not. Remember the old cliché, anything is for sale so long as the price is right. What's against any sale for such a huge potential price/profit is (altogether now) the worldwide financial crisis, though that is not reflected in the profits being made in the oil and gas producing nations 
  • Leuth said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Who's Burns?

White is another funny one, he's been fantastic at RB and personally feel Tomiyasu is good but because of White's form, equally on a similar note i'd be happy with White at RCB (if no Walker), we have enough RB's for England Trippier/RJ, both adapt for either position but by default are centre backs. 

I understand what you mean, tbf i didn't realise that Dan Burn had played more LB than CB until i checked, i have seen a few games and always assumed he is CB maybe my mistake but i would still be happy with him LCB for England. 
  • Dan Burn regularly played LB for Brighton, but then he suited a side where in the PL, defending was more important than having someone bombing on.

Lewis Dunk is another option, but I suspect he'll never be called up.
  • And there's a difference between a Liverpool RB like TAA, who really is a winger, and RBs at other clubs who have a more balanced role.
    And there's a difference between RBs and RWBs at all other clubs...and Emerson Royale.  All other RBs and RWBs can cross, get up and down, pass, defend and tackle.  Royale does none of the above!
  • Son is going to the WC. That might not be good news for Spurs. 
  • Shame that Ivan Toney is being investigated for betting issues. Imagine thats why he's not gone to the World Cup - But he could well give Arsenal a lovely buffer going into the break
  • Sponsored links:

• Well deserved win for Brentford. 
    Arsenal winning the title this season is a real possibility now.
  • Forgot how much I didn’t like Arsenal 
    I liked it when they were shit 

at least it’s not spurs
    at least it’s not spurs 
    at least it’s not spurs 
    Could be 5 points clear during the WC break, a nice cushion even if you'd expect City to close it next year 
    Could be 5 points clear during the WC break, a nice cushion even if you'd expect City to close it next year 
    Completely agree. 
    I still think city will be champions but from a neutral position it's good to see a fight at the top.
  • Massive win for Bournemouth over Everton. Lampard must be under pressure 
  • Well, if you need cheering up, Forest beat Palace and Duane Dibley missed a penalty. 😎
    I don’t know if he won it by diving, but I wouldn’t be surprised, whiny prick.

• Well, if you need cheering up, Forest beat Palace and Duane Dibley missed a penalty. 😎
    I don’t know if he won it by diving, but I wouldn’t be surprised, whiny prick.

Described on BBC as him winning a soft penalty so, yes.
  • Chelsea appear to have picked some sort of unknown child at left wing back. Kind of refreshing to see them turning into just another Premiership team
  • Looks like Maddison is fine, and was subbed by Rodgers as a precaution.
  • Leuth said:
    Chelsea appear to have picked some sort of unknown child at left wing back. Kind of refreshing to see them turning into just another Premiership team
    Potter has been there a few weeks now and doesn't seem to have a clue what his best XI is. He makes more changes than the original tinkerman Ranieri.

I know Aubameyang has been poor this season but if you're 1-0 down with 20 minutes to go and you use one of your final subs to swap your left backs for no reason then why even bother having him on the bench?
  • Sponsored links:

• Arsenal lose later, and Newcastle are four points off them, albeit having played a game more - Way they're playing, and the results they grinding out, they're sneaking into the title fight
  • Heartbreaking to see Chelsea losing and completely rattled at the end there!
  • Leuth said:
    Chelsea appear to have picked some sort of unknown child at left wing back. Kind of refreshing to see them turning into just another Premiership team
    Potter has been there a few weeks now and doesn't seem to have a clue what his best XI is. He makes more changes than the original tinkerman Ranieri.

I know Aubameyang has been poor this season but if you're 1-0 down with 20 minutes to go and you use one of your final subs to swap your left backs for no reason then why even bother having him on the bench?
    Hall was playing exactly like you'd expect: someone who'd be useful on loan in the Championship
  • Why’s that not a Wolves pen? Player was onside then clearly fouled.
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Hall was playing exactly like you'd expect: someone who'd be useful on loan in the Championship
    I thought he actually did ok considering he's 18 and making his debut away at a side in brilliant form. He was one of their better players i thought (which isn't saying much admittedly as most of them were poor).
  • God can see Brighton scoring every time we try and bring the ball out, the way they've just scored
  • God can see Brighton scoring every time we try and bring the ball out, the way they've just scored
    Well, God can see everything…
  • Brentford win at Citeeee ... I appreciate that the Bees are on the up and the Blue Moons are not quite what they were, but is this the most surprising result over the past 3 or 4 seasons ?
  • Brentford win at Citeeee ... I appreciate that the Bees are on the up and the Blue Moons are not quite what they were, but is this the most surprising result over the past 3 or 4 seasons ?
    Last season:
    Chelsea 1 Brentford 4
    City 0 Palace 2

20-21 season:
    Chelsea 2 West Brom 5
    Man City 2 Leicester 5
    Man Utd 1 Spurs 6 (United finished 2nd that season)
    Aston Villa 7 Liverpool 2
    Liverpool also had a few home shockers, losing 1-0 at home to Burnley and Fulham and 2-0 to Everton.
  • MrOneLung said:
    God can see Brighton scoring every time we try and bring the ball out, the way they've just scored
    Well, God can see everything…
    No wonder the world is going to pot, if God is slumped on the sofa with a beer fridge, watching the football!