Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• This game is crazy. It’s like watching playground football, neither team defending.
  • I hope I haven’t said that too early
  • First time van Dijk has lost a Premier League game at Anfield with Liverpool
  • Not many better things than seeing Liverpool lose.
    This.  All day long.
  • That was glorious 
  • They need a trip to Dr Tottenham...
    jeez, thats ridiculous
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    First time van Dijk has lost a Premier League game at Anfield with Liverpool
    jeez, thats ridiculous
    First time Liverpool have lost at home since March 2021
    After almost 5 years (signed in Jan 2018) and in his 71st game. Incredible run.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have mixed feelings about Liverpool. 

They get on my nerves but at the same time, when they are title contenders, I think it is where they belong. They are the annoying British club we need. Can't have a midtable Liverpool. 

They are already out the title race, so their best bet is to just fully focus on champions league progression.  

Liverpool fans have an extraordinary passion for their club. 
  • Liverpool need to sign 1-2 top quality midfielders. Their defence is generally ok, as is their attack (although they have injuries right now) but the midfield i think lets them down.

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, Keita (when fit), there's no real creativity there, none of them are box to box, none of them score that many. 

They're crying out for someone like Bellingham.
  • Liverpool need to sign 1-2 top quality midfielders. Their defence is generally ok, as is their attack (although they have injuries right now) but the midfield i think lets them down.

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, Keita (when fit), there's no real creativity there, none of them are box to box, none of them score that many. 

100% agree and think they do get Bellingham next summer to help sort that out. They've got Curtis Jones and Oxlade-Chamberlain too but neither of those are ever fit it seems. Think you need 2 new CMs that can compliment Thiago. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Liverpool need to sign 1-2 top quality midfielders. Their defence is generally ok, as is their attack (although they have injuries right now) but the midfield i think lets them down.

100% agree and think they do get Bellingham next summer to help sort that out. They've got Curtis Jones and Oxlade-Chamberlain too but neither of those are ever fit it seems. Think you need 2 new CMs that can compliment Thiago. 
    Whilst he'd be ideal for them i don't think they'll get Bellingham. I think his fee could well be 100m+ and that will surely price Liverpool out. 
  • Arsenal v Forest just kicking off and England is one of the only countries in the world where you can’t watch it live.
  • Arsenal v Forest just kicking off and England is one of the only countries in the world where you can’t watch it live.
    Cheers I didnt think to check if there was a 2pm game on the BBC website.

Only checked the Live Football website and couldnt see it there so presumed there wasnt a game on - Its strange, because its not like Sky Sports are showing anything else now, apart from a Bundesliga game in 20mins.

Oh well, thank god for IPTV
  • edited October 2022
    Liverpool v Leeds was originally planned for 2pm today and tv coverage. Was moved cos of European games. Not sure on rules of adding another given it was still on sky last night. 
  • Liverpool v Leeds was originally planned for 2pm today and tv coverage. Was moved cos of European games. Not sure on rules of adding another given it was still on sky last night. 
    Cheers I equally found it strange that Sky Sports had two Premier League games last night.

Presume you mean it was moved because Liverpool play Napoli on Tuesday?
  • Arsenal finally subbing the injured Saka. Should’ve done it 10 minutes ago - hopefully he’s not made it worse. Couldn’t give two shits about Arsenal, but we’ll need him in Qatar.
  • Saka kicked out of a game again because a team can't cope with him. 

No protection offered from referees. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Arsenal finally subbing the injured Saka. Should’ve done it 10 minutes ago - hopefully he’s not made it worse. Couldn’t give two shits about Arsenal, but we’ll need him in Qatar.

Southgate is overwhelmed for the available choices regarding England attacking players in similar positions

Grealish, Foden, Mount, Sterling, saka plus a few more I think

They can only fill RW/LW...rest of them sit on the bench

The best 11 seems to alter every 5 minutes 
  • Dave2l said:
    Arsenal finally subbing the injured Saka. Should’ve done it 10 minutes ago - hopefully he’s not made it worse. Couldn’t give two shits about Arsenal, but we’ll need him in Qatar.

Southgate is overwhelmed for the available choices regarding England attacking players in similar positions

Grealish, Foden, Mount, Sterling, saka plus a few more I think

They can only fill RW/LW...rest of them sit on the bench

The best 11 seems to alter every 5 minutes 
    All of them will get significant minutes whether rotated in the group or impact subs. We need everyone available.
    Getting to the point now, with just 3 weeks until the first game where any player getting injured will be considered a doubt for the world cup.

I think the deadline to name the final squads is just 2 weeks away.
  • United v West Ham. Manchester look a united and fully committed team at last. A lot for Ten Hag to build on there.

Also great for England to see the performances of Shaw and Rice. Both didn't waste a single ball. Quality.
  • United v West Ham. Manchester look a united and fully committed team at last. A lot for Ten Hag to build on there.

Also great for England to see the performances of Shaw and Rice. Both didn't waste a single ball. Quality.
    I've been impressed with Shaw in recent weeks and his performances have come at just the right time for England. Rice i thought was brilliant, West Ham have had a good couple of seasons but after this season i think it's time for him to move on, he needs to be at a bigger club.
  • Was impressed with West Ham second half (from what I saw).  They battered Utd last 20 mins.

How refreshing it is to see a team go to United and actually have a go...unlike another London team managed by a stubborn Italian.
  • Spurs have confirmed that Son suffered a fractured left eye socket and will need an operation 
  • Spurs have confirmed that Son suffered a fractured left eye socket and will need an operation 
    Not surprised.  He looked absolutely f*cked when he was helped off last night.  In the picture of the team in the dressing room after and he looks like he was being propped up, he was away with the fairies.  His face looks proper swollen.

Sad for him that he'll miss the World Cup.
  • Is that Brad Friedel on the left or Conte's minder in case he comes across Tuchel again?
  • Is that Brad Friedel on the left or Conte's minder in case he comes across Tuchel again?
    Daniel Levy’s brother in law who works for the club. Hopefully Levy mucks his sister around and he gives Dan a good beating