Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• What was the reason behind Man City v Arsenal being postponed.
    Europa game v PSV was postponed when the Queen died. All group games have to finish by the same midweek, and the 5th and 6th group games are on the following 2 weeks. So as this was Arsenal's only free midweek before then UEFA said they had to play it this week or forfeit the tie.
  • Very passive Spurs performance tonight, Man U miles better
  • Very passive Spurs performance tonight, Man U miles better
    Gutless.  If it wasnt for Lloris, it could have been 7 or 8.

Its been the same all season.  The spark we had at the end of last season is long gone.
  • Amazon ended up with a dull selection of fixtures. I assume they'll still be allowed to show the big Arsenal/City game when that's rescheduled
  • I think the Amazon Prime coverage is really good & I like the staggered kick off times.  

Would be happy to see them get more games
  • All going to shit for Aston Villa these last few mins
  • All going to shit for Aston Villa these last few mins
    I think Gerrard is a goner 
  • Beale might be getting another offer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks grim for the midlands at the bottom of the table 
  • 10 of the current top 14 teams in the PL are from London and the south. It's not a good time to be supporting teams from the Midlands area though - there are four clubs from the region in the PL and they currently occupy the bottom four places. 

I blame the Tories for their broken "levelling up" promises! 
  • 10 of the current top 14 teams in the PL are from London and the south. It's not a good time to be supporting teams from the Midlands area though - there are four clubs from the region in the PL and they currently occupy the bottom four places. 

I blame the Tories for their broken "levelling up" promises! 
    That's because it's never a good time to be from the midlands in general  ;)
  • Beale might be getting another offer!
    Said tongue in cheek no doubt but I do wonder if someone did actually have a word in his ear and say wait for the villa job .
  • Gerrard and Lampard proving that great players don't necessarily make great managers. Both of them premier league managers because of who they are IMO
    It's always been the case that top players get offered jobs that lesser ones wouldn't, and also that they are able to sign big names because of their playing reputation.

I remember when Brian Robson replace Lennie at Boro, and brought in the sort of big names who would never play for Lennie. Coutinho would never have signed for Dean Smith (and has been a waste of money!)

I guess the important thing is to have good coaches working for you. How much of the coaching did Zidane do at Real?
  • I remember hearing a POV from a pundit that top players often struggle to transition to managers because they get frustrated and expect their players to do the things they used to do on pitch.
  • 10 of the current top 14 teams in the PL are from London and the south. It's not a good time to be supporting one of the shittiest teams in London stuck in the third tier of obscurity with Wycombe Wanderers as your most local league rivlas 

• I remember hearing a POV from a pundit that top players often struggle to transition to managers because they get frustrated and expect their players to do the things they used to do on pitch.
    I actually think that happened with us under Bowyer too, you could sense his frustration. Plus he was someone who always gave 100%, got stuck in and was a decent player. Most of his criticism was aimed at players who didn’t do the same 
  • Sponsored links:

I think this criticism was first levelled at the likes of Bryan Robson and Glenn Hoddle. Difficult to have an engine and have the ability to drive a side in the way that Robson used to or to see and pass a ball as Hoddle did unless it comes naturally to do so.
  • Gerrard sacked 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Gerrard sacked 
    So will Beale be offered the job?
  • Gerrard and Lampard proving that great players don't necessarily make great managers. Both of them premier league managers because of who they are IMO
    Lampard isn't doing that badly really when you consider he's gone into Everton at a time when they're financially fucked and have a positive net spend since he went there.

In the summer he lost Richarlison and this season he's had 3 of his main defenders out injured for long periods and Calvert-Lewin only made his first start of the season this week.
    Lampard isn't doing that badly really when you consider he's gone into Everton at a time when they're financially fucked and have a positive net spend since he went there.

In the summer he lost Richarlison and this season he's had 3 of his main defenders out injured for long periods and Calvert-Lewin only made his first start of the season this week.
    I agree, also felt he did well enough at Derby and still of the opinion he was harshly sacked by Chelsea considering he managed to get them in the top 4 with kids when they had a transfer ban, brought through the likes of Mount.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Gerrard sacked 
    before the sacking, echoes of Thin Lizzie Truss .. 'I'm a fighter and I won't be resigning' .. 

And this will be my epitaph (Greg Lake/King Crimson)
  • I really don't care what Ronaldo has achieved in the game. His decision not to come on as a sub is no different to Taylor refusing to play for us apart from the fact that Ronaldo will be being paid probably 50 times what Taylor was on. It really has soured his legacy.
  • I thought he stormed off as not being brought on, although not read about it since initial report
  • MrOneLung said:
    I thought he stormed off as not being brought on, although not read about it since initial report
    Ten Haag has confirmed he refused to come on as a sub. 
  • He is probably still the best player in that team (though, it's a given he doesn't suit the system), but I think it's a bit of a power play from Ten Haag, keeping him there and then only playing him bit-part. Seems to be working aswell