Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• How is that Rashford goal handball and the arsenal one isn’t….

• How is that Rashford goal handball and the arsenal one isn’t….

Quite simply...

Because its Arsenal.
  • Arsenal will fall away.  Man City will win the league by 20 points or more  May even go unbeaten all season
    I don't think anyone thinks Arsenal will win the title. But they have a real chance of 2nd, which would be a major step forward over 5th last season, and 8th the previous 2. 

By contrast Liverpool have lost their mojo badly, just getting top 4 will be a challenge now.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    How is that Rashford goal handball and the arsenal one isn’t….

Quite simply...

Because its Arsenal.
    lol the irony when Liverpool/ City get all the decisions normally, i did think it was a handball fwiw but they must have taking into account how close he was to the ball. 

Regardless of decisions, Arsenal outplayed Liverpool - in particular the second half, like they did spurs :) good to see, going into the game i was happy if they got a point against their bogey side even with Liverpool in poor form. 

I agree with other comments i don't see them challenging City but they have come on alot and have a geniune chance of top 2 until they have their post xmas dip. 
  • Neville gave a great insight on MNF about Trent. One of his things was his awareness, he doesn’t turn his head. Highlighted there. How could he not know there were two players behind him 🤣
    I actually think TAA might be better if they moved him into midfield. Clearly his strengths are in attacking areas so i don't know why Klopp doesn't try him on the right of a midfield 3 instead of RB. I get that he pretty much plays in midfield anyway, but if there is a RB behind him then he isn't going to be so exposed defensively.

He's only just turned 24, so plenty of time to try out a new role. Pretty sure Klopp knows a lot more than me though, but i think it's worth a try.
  • Arsenal will fall away.  Man City will win the league by 20 points or more  May even go unbeaten all season
    I don't think anyone thinks Arsenal will win the title. But they have a real chance of 2nd, which would be a major step forward over 5th last season, and 8th the previous 2. 

By contrast Liverpool have lost their mojo badly, just getting top 4 will be a challenge now.
    It's a shame that Arsenal v City has been postponed next week as that would've been a great test of just how good Arsenal are. 

I've been impressed with them though, bouncing back after they fell apart v Man utd. Beating Spurs and Liverpool recently (although both at home) shows they could well be the best of the rest behind City. Like you say i don't think anyone really thinks Arsenal will win it, mainly because they're weak in the big away games, as United proved.

It's a shame that Arsenal v City has been postponed next week as that would've been a great test of just how good Arsenal are. 

I've been impressed with them though, bouncing back after they fell apart v Man utd. Beating Spurs and Liverpool recently (although both at home) shows they could well be the best of the rest behind City. Like you say i don't think anyone really thinks Arsenal will win it, mainly because they're weak in the big away games, as United proved.
    I wouldn't say they were weak against united, they were the better team until 1-2 then Arteta made a silly move chucking on a load of attackers and they got caught out, even when they went behind they were on top just a bit rash from Arteta. 
  • Neville gave a great insight on MNF about Trent. One of his things was his awareness, he doesn’t turn his head. Highlighted there. How could he not know there were two players behind him 🤣
    I actually think TAA might be better if they moved him into midfield. Clearly his strengths are in attacking areas so i don't know why Klopp doesn't try him on the right of a midfield 3 instead of RB. I get that he pretty much plays in midfield anyway, but if there is a RB behind him then he isn't going to be so exposed defensively.

He's only just turned 24, so plenty of time to try out a new role. Pretty sure Klopp knows a lot more than me though, but i think it's worth a try.
    Agree, seems silly not to try him in the middle. Imagine if they had Neeco RB instead , he can actually defend, sold him now so need to find someone as good. 

Agree, seems silly not to try him in the middle. Imagine if they had Neeco RB instead , he can actually defend, sold him now so need to find someone as good. 
    They signed a young Scottish RB in the summer but i think he's been injured most of this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Joe Shields who was head of Man City's academy recruitment and left them just a few months ago to become Southampton's head of senior recruitment and then signed some of City's promising youngsters...........has now been poached by Chelsea. He will join them as their new Director of recruitment.
  • Probably the wrong thread but Salah thinks he is a cross between Haaland and #cheatcode Aneke.....

Credit where credit is due.  They've been excellent all season bar the 2nd half against Utd and the last 20 mins of the first half against the Bin Dippers.

Why cant they win the title?  No one ever thought Leicester would win the league.  They're playing well and are full of confidence.  No one knows how the mid season world cup break will effect things.  It may help, it may hinder.

Why has the city game been postponed?!  Didnt realise this. 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Arsenal will fall away.  Man City will win the league by 20 points or more  May even go unbeaten all season

Credit where credit is due.  They've been excellent all season bar the 2nd half against Utd and the last 20 mins of the first half against the Bin Dippers.

Why cant they win the title?  No one ever thought Leicester would win the league.  They're playing well and are full of confidence.  No one knows how the mid season world cup break will effect things.  It may help, it may hinder.

Arsenal's game against PSV had to be postponed because of the Queen's passing, so its been been re-arranged too close to the scheduled game with Man City. 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Arsenal will fall away.  Man City will win the league by 20 points or more  May even go unbeaten all season

Arsenal's game against PSV had to be postponed because of the Queen's passing, so its been been re-arranged too close to the scheduled game with Man City. 
    Oh its midweek isnt it?!  gotcha!
  • How Chelsea are getting away with this I don’t know.
    Dreadful performance. Only player doing well is the keeper. Villa have been all over them.
    Two awful Villa errors and it’s 0-2.
  • If Tyrone Mings can be a Premier League footballer then why can't I be? 
  • Got a feeling that Gomez vs Haaland could be painful, if he comes up against him
  • Penalty for Leeds and Arsenal red card turns into a free kick for Arsenal and a yellow card 
  • Penalty for Leeds and Arsenal red card turns into a free kick for Arsenal and a yellow card 
    Yeah I'm still trying to work out how its an Arsenal free kick, if Gabriel is still booked?
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah I'm still trying to work out how its an Arsenal free kick, if Gabriel is still booked?
    Retaliation to the initial foul? 
  • Great player Haaland but he really is benefiting the from the modern defenders inability to mark a man and track closely . The amount of time he gets on the ball in dangerous areas is obscene.
  • Part of that is his movement and acceleration over the first 5 yards. His movement is hands down the absolute best from any striker in the last 20 years and then with his acceleration there aren’t many defenders that could cope even if they had the ability to track. 

Arsenal you have to say are really proving their metal. Seasons gone by they would have capitulated against Leeds although they did get lucky with a penalty miss. 
  • Great player Haaland but he really is benefiting the from the modern defenders inability to mark a man and track closely . The amount of time he gets on the ball in dangerous areas is obscene.
    Yup but they all seem to manage it with Stockley 🤭🤭
    I think the bloke is a machine if he stays with City for a few years he will break every record going I think. There should have been a law passed to ban City from signing him 🙄
  • Brilliant save by Allison. 
  • edited October 2022
    Be surprised if Man City keep that goal, did look as though Allison had his hands to it

Gomez had to do better on the line regardless

Cant argue either with VAR disallowing based on the Fabinho shirt pull
  • Part of that is his movement and acceleration over the first 5 yards. His movement is hands down the absolute best from any striker in the last 20 years and then with his acceleration there aren’t many defenders that could cope even if they had the ability to track. 

Arsenal you have to say are really proving their metal. Seasons gone by they would have capitulated against Leeds although they did get lucky with a penalty miss. 
    Watched the ball pinging about outside the Liverpool box and you just knew they were going to swing it in to him. We I did, Gomez didnt.
    And there it was. In it came and there's Haaland, with all the time in the world to nod his header goal bound. No burst of acceleration needed
  • Clear cut foul by Haaland. Easy decision.
  • philcafc said:
    Clear cut foul by Haaland. Easy decision.
    Really!? I thought he was fouled!
  • Why does everyone in this game keep slipping over?