Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Someone please remind me again why James Maddison doesn't get near the England squad?

There's not many attacking midfielders in better form than him.
    He absolutely ran the game against Spurs for the first 60 mins.  Thought he was excellent.
  • Someone please remind me again why James Maddison doesn't get near the England squad?

There's not many attacking midfielders in better form than him.
    To be fair it's one area we are pretty stocked in - given Southgate plays 8 defensive players (inc the keeper) and won't drop Kane or Sterling, the likes of Foden, Grealish, Saka, Mount are all competing for that AM place.

• Did make me laugh though.
  • Palace outside the relegation zone on goal difference.
  • Forest bottom after spending, what, £150M or something on new players.  Madness.  All the pundits saying how brave they were and great to see them really giving it a go at the start of the season.

Have they just bought in mercenaries who will bleed the club dry? Sort of thing that could ruin a club if the owners lost interest.

Bournemouth currently sat pretty midish table (although suspect they will go down with Forest).

Funny old game.
  • Forest bottom after spending, what, £150M or something on new players.  Madness.  All the pundits saying how brave they were and great to see them really giving it a go at the start of the season.

Have they just bought in mercenaries who will bleed the club dry? Sort of thing that could ruin a club if the owners lost interest.

Bournemouth currently sat pretty midish table (although suspect they will go down with Forest).

Funny old game.
    Zero sympathy for Forest if they do go down. Bonkers business by them in the summer
  • Maddison in and Trent out 
  • edited October 2022
    I hadn't realised that amongst the Forest players who left in the summer, both Carl Jenkinson and Joe Lolley moved to Australia. Both only 30, so seems quite early to go and play in the A-League, especially Lolley who was a regular first teamer last season
  • I hadn't realised that amongst the Forest players who left in the summer, both Carl Jenkinson and Joe Lolley moved to Australia. Both only 30, so seems quite early to go and play in the A-League, especially Lolley who was a regular first teamer last season
    Probably lifestyle considerations too, can't be bad - they've made decent money now they can go and live in Australia and enjoy themselves on and off the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Few suggestions that in a 4-3-3 for England - why not play Rice as holding with Bellingham and Maddison either side?
  • edited October 2022
    Wouldnt mind seeing this
    -------------Pope
    James - Stones - Tomori - Chillwell
    -----------------------Rice
    ------Bellingham -- Maddison
    Grealish----------------------Foden
    -------------Kane

• Absolutely no chance Southgate does anything drastic now. I just think no matter what anyway tells you, if he played Tomori (not a single minute in an England shirt), Maddison (hasn’t made any of the last few squads), 4 at the back (got smashed in the nations league), dropped Sterling (tournament player) and then we didn’t beat Iran, he’d get crucified.
  • Absolutely no chance Southgate does anything drastic now. I just think no matter what anyway tells you, if he played Tomori (not a single minute in an England shirt), Maddison (hasn’t made any of the last few squads), 4 at the back (got smashed in the nations league), dropped Sterling (tournament player) and then we didn’t beat Iran, he’d get crucified.

Not saying i think he will play anything like it, just what i wouldnt mind us trying out. Had Sterling in there and changed him for grealish
  • edited October 2022
    CAFCsayer said:
    Absolutely no chance Southgate does anything drastic now. I just think no matter what anyway tells you, if he played Tomori (not a single minute in an England shirt), Maddison (hasn’t made any of the last few squads), 4 at the back (got smashed in the nations league), dropped Sterling (tournament player) and then we didn’t beat Iran, he’d get crucified.

Not saying i think he will play anything like it, just what i wouldnt mind us trying out. Had Sterling in there and changed him for grealish
    Wasn’t directly aimed at you mate, although I did use your team as an example, but I’ve seen pundits name teams lately and they’re ridiculous. 

Can’t see past the team that started against Germany (plus stones, Walker and Pickford) starting against Iran, with loads of impact subs.
  • agree, no way Southgate does anything radical now, probably similar to the Women's squad in the Euro's - he will go with the same starting XI and then make the same subs in a tried and tested way
  • edited October 2022
    very harsh (but amusing) comment from Adrian Durham about Forest, I paraphrase slightly .. they're in trouble cos Cooper doesn't know who to pick from his jumble sale remnant signings .. Ouch !!
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Wouldnt mind seeing this
    -------------Pope
    James - Stones - Tomori - Chillwell
    -----------------------Rice
    ------Bellingham -- Maddison
    Grealish----------------------Foden
    -------------Kane

Not sure Pope is getting ahead of Pickford, would be surprised if Southgate doesn't have the two holding players as default even if Bellingham is one of them, I'd play Saka on right personally. Funny one, we look good but still not confident we can just let our attackers play like City can, if we did we trouble anyone regardless on defence. 
  • Hadn't heard of him but that's really sad, should have had years left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unusual to have a Sunday evening game (7pm), though the bigger shock is that they picked a local game (Everton vs Man U) and not Southampton vs Newcastle!
  • edited October 2022
    What game do we think will be the better viewing @ 2pm?

Palace vs Leeds | West Ham vs Fulham

Yes I know that the latter wont be on "Television"
  • Today I shall mainly be supporting Leeds.
  • Great start from Fulham!!
  • Oh dear god - Footballers continue to prove they dont have a brain!!

West Ham have a corner - TWO times the referee has stopped it from being taken because one Fulham idiot who keeps pissing about shirt pulling etc. in the area.

Ball comes in... Penalty

Because of course the referee is keeping an eye on the one he's already warned!!
  • Just watching P****e v Leeds and Vieira is giving some of his players a talk while another player is getting medical attention.
    Three of his players are listening and clearly taking notice, but Zaha is standing there, arms folded and rolling his eyes like a stroppy teenager. Pretty weird if you ask me. It’s not like Vieira doesn’t know his stuff.
    Thought it was a bit disrespectful, but maybe they’ve fallen out? Wishful thinking perhaps, but it would be nice if the stripey twats had a bit of inner turmoil…
    😎
  • It takes a lot for me to support Leeds in any scenario, but it seems that the scenario is when they play Palarse.

C'mon you dirty norvern bastards!
  • Zaha reckons himself a lot. Probably reckons he is a better player than viera was. Which of course is nonsense. 

First time I've bothered to watch a premier league match this season. It may be obvious but even if these two ain't at their best they would destroy us. 

West Ham have a corner - TWO times the referee has stopped it from being taken because one Fulham idiot who keeps pissing about shirt pulling etc. in the area.

Ball comes in... Penalty

Because of course the referee is keeping an eye on the one he's already warned!!
    I haven't seen the incident, but that sounds like good refereering. Make it clear that you won't accept shirt pulling, then act on it if it continues.

Ball comes in... Penalty

I haven't seen the incident, but that sounds like good refereering. Make it clear that you won't accept shirt pulling, then act on it if it continues.
    Oh it was great refereeing

Just ludicrous that the player was thick enough to keep doing it, even when he'd been warned.