Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• edited September 2022
    10 Portuguese players starting for Wolves today. New record for non-English nations in the Premier League. 

The 1 non-Portuguese player? Just been sent off for this: 

Nine... Collins and Kilman, fun fact, the latter started with Welling
    Think the stat I saw must be in the starting squad because there's a Spanish guy dotted in there too. 

10 in the starting squad I suppose? 
    Would have been funny though had it only been Collins that was English

Lad has been watching too much Cobra Kai from that shot

Must be in the Match day squad, bench as well - Because Rayan Aït-Nouri is French at Right-Back, so only eight Portuguese started - Guessing you meant the matchday squad rather than starting?
  • Well thanks for ruining my group WhatsApp stat ! 

Won’t bother to correct it unless someone pulls me up on it !!! 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Well thanks for ruining my group WhatsApp stat ! 

I apologise. 

No one will put in the effort to google all the player so i'm sure you'll be fine!
  • MrOneLung said:
    Well thanks for ruining my group WhatsApp stat ! 

I apologise. 

No one will put in the effort to google all the player so i'm sure you'll be fine!
    Nah I couldnt imagine anyone being sad enough to do that

• The strangest thing about the red card was that he protested it!!
  • 10 Portuguese players starting for Wolves today. New record for non-English nations in the Premier League. 

The 1 non-Portuguese player? Just been sent off for this: 

Nine... Collins and Kilman, fun fact, the latter started with Welling
    Silva makes it a record 10 starting the game, I think.
  • I think it was 10 starting across the two sides.
    Wolves had 7 and Man City had 3.
  • Former academy product Jordan Zemura putting in a man of the match performance for Bournemouth v Newcastle today.
  • edited September 2022
    Nah that wasnt a penalty for Leicester... Justice with the save

Edit: Maybe not
  • edited September 2022
    Stunning 15min (?) hat-trick from Son!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Superb management from Conte. 
  • Amazing from Son
  • Hard to see how anyone could save this rabble, but it doesn't feel like Rodgers will have any more chances to
  • That said it sounds like they could have scored six of their own 
    Tbf he had to be dropped, he’s been shite. Fantastic attitude tho, and shows class is permanent.
  • Lets be honest, that game could easily have finished 8-8.  Jeez, the 6-2 scoreline flattered to deceive.  Until Conte dragged off Kuluesevski and matched up 3 v 3 with Bissouma, Spurs were getting sliced open time and time again by Maddison who was excellent for the first hour.

Conte's 3-4-3 works brilliantly at times but as soon as we face 3 CMs we're bang in trouble.  Same again today.

I hope to god, when we go to the Cameldome in 2 weeks, we start 3-5-2 with 3 CMs.  I'll snap your hand off for a draw right now. 
  • Spunts league , sickening 
    Tbf he had to be dropped, he’s been shite. Fantastic attitude tho, and shows class is permanent.
    He has been so out of form this season you'd think he was a different player but I think even Conte would have been surprised by the reaction he got from dropping him.

Weired one because he doesn't come across as a player who gets a strop on and ups his effort if he's not in the team. Top pro' though. 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Lets be honest, that game could easily have finished 8-8.  Jeez, the 6-2 scoreline flattered to deceive.  Until Conte dragged off Kuluesevski and matched up 3 v 3 with Bissouma, Spurs were getting sliced open time and time again by Maddison who was excellent for the first hour.

Conte's 3-4-3 works brilliantly at times but as soon as we face 3 CMs we're bang in trouble.  Same again today.

I hope to god, when we go to the Cameldome in 2 weeks, we start 3-5-2 with 3 CMs.  I'll snap your hand off for a draw right now. 
    What's happened to Kuluesvski this season btw? Only based on MOTD highlights admittedly tbf, but last season he was absolute mustard and does not seem to have carried his form over into this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    Can he can use that when he sends you all a postcard from Qatar….?
  • edited September 2022
    Great use of Goal Line technology, from the live shot I couldnt see that across the line

Clearly over though - Do the linesman really bother to flag if its crossed the line from their line of sight anymore, or do they all just leave it to the technology now? - Reason I ask as didnt see the lino flag, and was thinking of the disallowed goal that saved Aston Villa a few years back
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Lets be honest, that game could easily have finished 8-8.  Jeez, the 6-2 scoreline flattered to deceive.  Until Conte dragged off Kuluesevski and matched up 3 v 3 with Bissouma, Spurs were getting sliced open time and time again by Maddison who was excellent for the first hour.

What's happened to Kuluesvski this season btw? Only based on MOTD highlights admittedly tbf, but last season he was absolute mustard and does not seem to have carried his form over into this. 
    I wouldn't particularly say his form has dropped off.  (1 goal, 3 assists in 6 starts out of 7 in the PL).  He's still been the one player who looks like he'd be able to create something.  I was surprised like most that Kulusevski was sacrificed/dropped for Richarlison when most of us would have dropped Sonny.  But to be fair, Richarlison has given us something that we've missed for a very long time, energy up top.  Its going to be interesting to see how Conte gets them all involved.
  • Interesting that Sky are saying Thomas Partey is being encourage to shoot when he gets the ball...
  • Credit where credit's due.  Arsenal have looked in complete control today.  Brentford have had no answer to them whatsoever.
    Not many teams will go to Brentford and dominate like they have done today.
  • There is an alternative timeline somewhere where Arsenal decided to sell Saliba and their defense is still terrible. 
  • Christ almighty... Arsenal bringing on a 15 year old, youngest player in Premier League history

• Didn't even realise that rule existed. Youngest ever Premier League player. 
  • Once again the so called big clubs are unable to show respect to the Queen. As at Everton today, Spurs yesterday and Liverpool during the week a number of idiots are unable to stay silent for even one minute, yet all the EFL clubs I've seen showed impeccable respect as of course we always would. Pathetic.