Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• edited September 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:
    First real test.

F O L D E D.

Like night follows day.
    Didn't you guys draw against 18th place? 

United look clinical and will win a lot of games playing on the counter. 

Arteta made a mistake after going 2-1 down but he'll live and learn. Still top even though the media will want to say Arsenal's season is over already. 
  • Man u fans are at it now.
    A couple of weeks ago they were looking to lynch after two games
  • edited September 2022
    Obviously different game if the first goal stands but it's not an egregious enough decision to complain about after the fact. 
  • clb74 said:
    Man u fans are at it now.
    A couple of weeks ago they were looking to lynch after two games
    Majority of top six fans are just as bad as each other... I mean just look at JohnBoyUK with Spurs etc.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    First real test.

F O L D E D.

Like night follows day.
    Not quite sure they did to be honest. Were in control of the game, harshly ruled out first. Arteta's subs helped them concede a third. I think Arsenal will be fine to comfortably reach top 4. Still think they'll finish above you (sorry!)
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    First real test.

F O L D E D.

Like night follows day.
    I wouldn’t say they folded. Thought they played quite well

I think they will definitely be top four this season. 
    Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and one other 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    First real test.

F O L D E D.

Like night follows day.
    Not quite sure they did to be honest. Were in control of the game, harshly ruled out first. Arteta's subs helped them concede a third. I think Arsenal will be fine to comfortably reach top 4. Still think they'll finish above you (sorry!)
    In control, torn apart on the counter attack twice, could have been 4 or 5 in the end.  Xhaka and Odegaard in the refs face at every opportunity.  Arteta rubbing his lego hair.

They played some nice stuff at times but its the final result that counts isnt it?  thats what my Gooner mates have said to me for the last 3 decades lol.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    First real test.

F O L D E D.

Like night follows day.

Arteta made a mistake after going 2-1 down but he'll live and learn. Still top even though the media will want to say Arsenal's season is over already. 
    Is a point away at West Ham, in their cup final,
    not a good result then?  I would have taken a point beforehand given our appalling record there in recent years.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    First real test.

F O L D E D.

Like night follows day.

Is a point away at West Ham, in their cup final,
    not a good result then?  I would have taken a point beforehand given our appalling record there in recent years.
    Considering you're 1 of only 2 teams they've taken points from this season, I would say it was a very poor result. 

They've lost to Brighton, Chelsea, Forest, City but not you. 
  • After a couple of weeks of panic and thoughts they might skip up, the Big 6 occupy 6 of the top 7 places 
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    First real test.

F O L D E D.

Like night follows day.
    In control, torn apart on the counter attack twice, could have been 4 or 5 in the end.  Xhaka and Odegaard in the refs face at every opportunity.  Arteta rubbing his lego hair.

They played some nice stuff at times but its the final result that counts isnt it?  thats what my Gooner mates have said to me for the last 3 decades lol.
    Ah of course it’s what matters and it’s why they lost but plenty of positives to take and I don’t think they folded. If they play like they did today they’ll win a lot more than they don’t. Still got a few players to come in too. 
  • The PGMOL have admitted that both the Newcastle and West Ham VAR decisions were incorrect.  
  • The PGMOL have admitted that both the Newcastle and West Ham VAR decisions were incorrect.  
    Great. Three points to Newcastle and one to West Ham then?
  • Some well OTT comments pitch side after that game this afternoon. Tugging off United for beating and Arsenal team that will likely finish 5th/6th
  • Ex professional footballers of normal reputation need to work in and around VAR. They need to do something about the problem at hand.

They would be good at the job. They are passionate about the game and have direct experience. 

They could have legitimate VAR decision making arguments between themselves as they would take the job seriously 

• JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    First real test.

F O L D E D.

Like night follows day.

I think you're confusing both for Bruno Fernandes.
  • edited September 2022
    Croydon said:
    Some well OTT comments pitch side after that game this afternoon. Tugging off United for beating and Arsenal team that will likely finish 5th/6th
    Arsenal will finish above United based off the game on Sunday. 

Scoresheet may say one thing but it was clear that one team was better than the other. 
  • edited September 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:
    First real test.

F O L D E D.

Like night follows day.
    I'll bite, hardly folded... They were the better team for most of the match(bar the first 10) until the silly subs and change of formation. Goal disallowed is questionable, it was correct however felt soft and no doubt if it was the other way round it would have stood.

I just don't understand why Arteta changed the system and opened it up when they were on top anyway, a bit of a panic and then felt there was only one winner. 

Still overall (said with an Arsenal bias i admit) i wouldn't say Arsenal folded and still are playing decent footy, whenever you guys play them will be a good test but still think they are good value for top 4
  • Thomas tuchal has been sacked. 

The fluent circus of football continues. 

Who will be his replacement? Probably an Italian showing potential.
    He might win cups for chelsea

When he gets sacked...they will bring in John Terry.

When he gets sacked, they will bring in a Dutch bloke

Trophies = no one cares. You're gana get sacked.

Impatient desperation for any success. They seem to forget, football is a sport. 

• Brighton's Premier League home game with rivals Crystal Palace on Saturday, 17 September has been postponed due to a planned rail strike.

The Premier League say the fixture has been "regrettably postponed" after receiving a request from Brighton.

In a statement, the Premier League says action on the rail network means there will be "no public transport available for supporters".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62826775

• Sponsored links:

• That sets an interesting precedent. I suppose Brighton would argue that the Amex stadium relies heavily on rail access to get there, for both home and away fans
  • clive said:

Brighton's Premier League home game with rivals Crystal Palace on Saturday, 17 September has been postponed due to a planned rail strike.

The Premier League say the fixture has been "regrettably postponed" after receiving a request from Brighton.

In a statement, the Premier League says action on the rail network means there will be "no public transport available for supporters".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62826775

Surprised they've agreed to that, haven't seemed to care much until now and I'm sure thousands of fans were affected.
  • Managers are more spoken about nowadays than most players .. Tuchel ? .. an unpleasant man who has brought success to a couple of clubs but never lasts long .. I suspect his arrogance and bad behaviour become too much to bear in a very short space of time despite his 'managerial prowess'
    I’ve said this before, but the first time I saw Tuchel and his antics on the touchline, he immediately put me in mind of Guy Luzon - All weird, frantic energy and eccentric mannerisms that are endearing to the fans at first, but quickly become old. 
    We lost patience quickly with Luzon because he didn’t have the results to back him up. Chelsea fans will turn on Tuchel as soon as he hits a rough patch.
    Called it.
    😎

• A certain Mason Greenwood appears....

Making a comeback? 

• A certain Mason Greenwood appears....

Making a comeback? 
    Employed by the club still and U21 so doesnt need to be registered is more likely.
  • I don't think there's anything untoward here. He's not been named in their Europa league squad.
  • edited September 2022
    10 Portuguese players in the squad for Wolves today. New record for non-English nations in the Premier League. 

One of the non-Portuguese players has just been sent off for this: 

• edited September 2022
    10 Portuguese players starting for Wolves today. New record for non-English nations in the Premier League. 

The 1 non-Portuguese player? Just been sent off for this: 

Nine... Collins and Kilman, fun fact, the latter started with Welling
  • 10 Portuguese players starting for Wolves today. New record for non-English nations in the Premier League. 

The 1 non-Portuguese player? Just been sent off for this: 

Nine... Collins and Kilman, fun fact, the latter started with Welling
    Think the stat I saw must be in the starting squad because there's a Spanish guy dotted in there too. 

10 in the starting squad I suppose?