Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Options
    Not directly PL but this may have implications for Spurs...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63827547

If you're unaware of the link, Fabio Paratici was Juventus' Chief Football Officer for 11 years before he joined Spurs 18 months ago.

Both Bentancur and Kulusevski were brought to Spurs from Juventus.

It is alleged there is now a warrant out for Paratici's arrest in Italy.
  • Options
    Entertaining game to start Boxing Day…
  • Options
    20 league goals before the turn of the year is ridiculous. When you factor in we had a 6 week break it's out of this world.

If it was on Championship Manager you'd say it was too unrealistic.
  • Options
    I think he needs to score 15 goals in 23 games to break the record.

He'll likely do it but till won't be easy 

1 or 2 more hatricks in the next month or so should accelerate the achievement 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

He should do it easily because given the chances they create he might only need 12-13 games to get those 15 goals.

I doubt he'll play all 23 games anyway as City will likely rest him for some games once the later knockout rounds start in the champions league.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

He should do it easily because given the chances they create he might only need 12-13 games to get those 15 goals.

I doubt he'll play all 23 games anyway as City will likely rest him for some games once the later knockout rounds start in the champions league.
    I think Dave's post went over your head there Chris  :D
  • Options
    Well we all know where Haaland learned the goalscoring trade.

His old man forced him to watch videos of Martin Pringle 

Was kind of like clockwork orange and it certainly developed his learning curve 
  • Options
    Dele Alli to Besiktas

I do hope he realises that Turkish fans have certain expectations (effort being one) and that if/when things go wrong they might not be particularly sympathetic 

And so it proved:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says talkSPORT adidas xai talkSPORT talkSPORT talkSPORT Dele Alli was bed off to loud boos after 30 minutes last night as Besiktas trailed 2-0 to a third division side Besiktas went on to win 4-2
  • Options
    If you get subbed off after just 30 minutes then there's certainly something wrong.

If your hearts no longer in it then may aswell retire early and enjoy life away from the game. Minimise any irrational stupid spending...then can do whatever youd like!

Get a book deal...or ask Rufus for retirement tips!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ... Horrendous own goal from Leicester!!
  • Options
    Christ... Horrendous own goal from Leicester!!
    Faes has scored two own goals!
  • Options
    West Ham are in big trouble. Heading for their 5th consecutive defeat and two points off bottom place
  • Options
    Faes becomes only the third player to score two OGs in a PL game - one of the others was Michaal Proctor when playing for Sunderland against us in 2003
  • Options
    More Farce than Faes
  • Options
    More Farce than Faes
    Wout the Faes
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Marcus Rashford on the bench today due to disciplinary issues...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Marcus Rashford on the bench today due to disciplinary issues...

Well the decision just worked :)

Marcus is quality at the moment, only a few months ago I thought he was going to become the next ex-United player to sign for Everton - Different player under ten Hag
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Rashford overslept and was late for a team meeting. Ten Hag has demonstrated with Ronaldo that there are no exceptions. 
  • Options
    Of course the decision could have easily been explained as squad rotation, which happens this time of year with the busy fixture list. 

It worked seeing that United won 1-0, but maybe if Rashford had started they would have won more comfortably.
  • Options
    I actually thought Garnacho had a good first half and was better then Martial and Anthony but it was a "like for like" swap
  • Options
    WOW... What a goal for Everton
  • Options
    A familiar name on the Brighton bench - Hinshelwood. In this case, it's Jack. I'm old enough to remember not just Jack's father, Adam, playing but also his grandfather, Paul, as well as Paul's brother, Martin. I'm not so old to have seen his great grandfather, Wally, though! 
  • Options
    Wow, who would have thought both City and Newcastle would draw today
  • Options
    Arsenal are genuine title contenders. 14 wins out of 16 games is an amazing start to the season.
  • Options
    Odegaard for £30million was outrageous at the time and looks worse for Madrid with every passing week. 
  • Options
    Their next 3 League games are against the teams in 3rd, 4th and 5th (Newcastle, Spurs and Man Utd).

It’ll be interesting so see if they can keep up their current run.