Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Still early days but Fulham are looking good so far. If Mitrovic stays fit they've got a good chance of staying up and along with the fact that Forest have bought about 20 new players it could mean we see 2 fairly established PL sides dropping down to the Championship.

Mitrovic now has 48 goals in his last 49 league games.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    I've no idea how on earth they're getting this past FFP but after spending over 200m on Sterling, Cucurella, Koulibaly, Fofana and Chukwuemeka, Chelsea are apparently now in discussions with Leipzig to buy Josko Gvardiol for almost 80m.

And to think Chelsea fans were worried about the future when Abramovich left. Todd Boehly is spending even more.
    And going to send him back on loan for the season.  £80m and send him on loan.  How the f*** is that even allowed to happen?!  That is mental.
    Apparently he has a €60m release clause that kicks in next summer, so Chelsea have offered well over the odds to try and sign him now, rather than compete with most of Europe next summer.

Leipzig surely aren't going to say no as a) they get to keep him and b) he'll be leaving for less money next summer anyway.
    We've known for a while Paratici was after one of Bastoni or Gvardiol for the CB/LCB position at the request of Conte. It didnt look like Leipzig wanted to sell at what we offered to pay.  Surprise surprise, money talks. 
  • Still early days but Fulham are looking good so far. If Mitrovic stays fit they've got a good chance of staying up and along with the fact that Forest have bought about 20 new players it could mean we see 2 fairly established PL sides dropping down to the Championship.

Hope somehow, someway, one of those 2 are Palace. Chelsea fan I Know thinks their in for Zaha.

Hope somehow, someway, one of those 2 are Palace. Chelsea fan I Know thinks their in for Zaha.
    Is there anyone Chelsea aren't in for? probably have 3-4 squads soon, how they are allowed to keep splashing the cash
  • At this point i think only injuries or how many games Guardiola rests him for will stop Haaland breaking the premier league season scoring record.

Might even be the first man to get 40.
  • At this point i think only injuries or how many games Guardiola rests him for will stop Haaland breaking the premier league season scoring record.

Might even be the first man to get 40.
  • edited August 2022
    7 goals in 136 minutes of football apparently.

Hat-tricks in successive halves.
  • Both Haaland and Halaand are trending on Twitter. Bet Ventokele is fuming 
  • Sponsored links:

• Alverez will probably come runner up in the golden boot! 
  • He has been subbed of with about 20 minutes to go in 3 of them! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    He has been subbed of with about 20 minutes to go in 3 of them! 
    Can Haaland do it against the big boys though?
  • clb74 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No, he won’t score against us in the FA Cup third round 
  • Not great if you're a fan from the Midlands.

The bottom three in the PL are currently Villa, Wolves and Leicester. The only other team from the area in the PL are Forest and they are only two places away from competing the complement of all four teams being in the bottom four.

It doesn't get much better in the Championship with Birmingham and Coventry (admittedly only played four games but do have only one point) in the bottom three. The others are WBA (14th) and Stoke (16th).
  • clb74 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    TBF it only matters in 3 games this season.  The 2 semis and final of the champions league.
  • When was the last time Charlton scored a 98th minute winner?
  • Sponsored links:

• Tough on Newcastle that who deserved a point. Liverpool need to improve a lot to threaten City.
  • Leuth said:
    When was the last time Charlton scored a 98th minute winner?
    Wasn't the 98th minute but one of our most important goals of all time was scored in the 94th minute to take us into the Championship.
  • I stayed up to watch MOTD and Gary Linker introduces it as a good one so when Man City V Forest came on I was expecting at least a fight.

Do they really think that the audience find another thrashing interesting? Personally I find it boring, turned off and came upstairs to bed. Goodnight.
  • I stayed up to watch MOTD and Gary Linker introduces it as a good one so when Man City V Forest came on I was expecting at least a fight.

Do they really think that the audience find another thrashing interesting? Personally I find it boring, turned off and came upstairs to bed. Goodnight.
    Is it me or are thumpings/thrashings more common than they used to be. First month of the season & we've already had a 9-0 & a 6-0. Is it that the top teams are so much stronger than they were when we were last in the Premier League or that the lesser teams are so much weaker ?  Its not just the number of goals being scored its the manner in which the beaten teams are losing/ not scoring the odd goal themselves. And you cant even use the excuse of the beaten team going down to 10 men (unlike our 2nd ever game in the Premier League when we won 5-0 as the Saints keeper got sent off).
  • Mick Quinn  ???  Jesus, when was that ?  I thought he retired years before the Prem came into being  
  • Mick Quinn  ???  Jesus, when was that ?  I thought he retired years before the Prem came into being  
    First season I think. Possibly Scored hat trick at Highbury opening day 
  • Is it just me?
    I can't help thinking that Haaland has come from Game of Thrones?
  • NB was Liverpool's 98th minute winner justified with 6 mins added on?
    Where did the extra 2/3 mins come from?
  • NB was Liverpool's 98th minute winner justified with 6 mins added on?
    Where did the extra 2/3 mins come from?
    I didn't watch the game live, but I imagine subs during extra time, time wasting, injuries etc accounted for it