Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Selling Mane is surely going to be one of the worst sales of the summer

He may have wanted out, but Liverpool look shite this season

Arsenal will fuck it up, am sure of it - But they look the best bet for 2nd at the moment.
    Newcastle must have eyes on the top 4.  They are the second best team I have seen so far.
    Spurs will finish above Arsenal and look the best bet for 2nd currently IMO 
    Spurs haven’t looked great so far, but they’ve still managed to pick up 7 points. 
    They say the trick is to pick up points when you’re off form and they’ve done that, but over the whole season they need to show a lot more quality than they have so far if they’re to have a chance.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Selling Mane is surely going to be one of the worst sales of the summer

He may have wanted out, but Liverpool look shite this season

Arsenal will fuck it up, am sure of it - But they look the best bet for 2nd at the moment.
    Newcastle must have eyes on the top 4.  They are the second best team I have seen so far.
    Spurs will finish above Arsenal and look the best bet for 2nd currently IMO 
    The big fear of Liverpool being shit is that it will increase the chances of the spunts succeeding.

I mean , I thought I couldn’t hate them anymore and my two youngest (little Cnut and Peter Kay) went to some water park shit in Hertford and got grief off some bellend they go to school with , yes a spurs fan rubbishing Charlton , kin hate them spunts , too many gobby piping up twats for my liking , one of the downsides being north of the river (upside I’m away from scum and palace )
    peter Kay’s comeback was we may be shit but we’ve won more than you in the last 5 years🤪 (referring to our play off final win )
  • Amazing what a team can do when the players actually put a shift in and show some effort and desire.

I don't think we'll see Maguire back in the side for a while unless they have injuries. Another potential issue for Southgate ahead of the WC though if he isn't playing games, can you pick him to start in Qatar?
  • Amazing what a team can do when the players actually put a shift in and show some effort and desire.

I don't think we'll see Maguire back in the side for a while unless they have injuries. Another potential issue for Southgate ahead of the WC though if he isn't playing games, can you pick him to start in Qatar?
    Walker - playing
    TAA - playing, not in good form.
    Tomori - playing 
    Maguire - dropped
    Stones - in and out
    Shaw - dropped 
    Chillwell - dropped
    Guehi- playing 

Not looking great is it.

Walker - playing
    TAA - playing, not in good form.
    Tomori - playing 
    Maguire - dropped
    Stones - in and out
    Shaw - dropped 
    Chillwell - dropped
    Guehi- playing 

Not looking great is it.
    And to cheer you up...

Dier has been outstanding since Conte took over lol
  • On current form i'd say Dier probably deserves a spot in the squad, especially if he does well in CL games. 

I'm not sure Chilwell has been dropped, more just Tuchel easing him back in after a long injury. He should be fine by November.
  • On current form i'd say Dier probably deserves a spot in the squad, especially if he does well in CL games. 

I'm not sure Chilwell has been dropped, more just Tuchel easing him back in after a long injury. He should be fine by November.
    Not sure they’ve bought Cucurella for him to cover Chilwell
  • edited August 2022
    On current form i'd say Dier probably deserves a spot in the squad, especially if he does well in CL games. 

They bought Cucurella to replace Alonso. 

Tuchel: “I would say if we play a back four they are competing for the same place. If we play a back five, not 100%. Ben is a clear wing-back and Marc is both. He can play in the back three and as a wing-back.”

Both will get plenty of games as Chelsea will probably play 55-60 games in a season.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    Dier can’t play in a centre back pairing tho can he?
  • Maybe not international class, but Dunk and Webster at Brighton, Burn at Newcastle are probably playing as well as any English CBs in the PL at the moment, other than Dier.
  • Dier can’t play in a centre back pairing tho can he?
    Probably not no, but Southgate plays 3 centre backs same as Conte does.
  • edited August 2022
    So Chelsea are prepared to pay £60m plus add ons for Anthony Gordon from Everton. They're missing a trick here because they can get him for less than a tenth of that at £5.5m on Fantasy Football.

Yes he's only 21 but is he really worth £60m plus add ons though? He's described as a "forward" in which case his 4 goals and 2 assists last season doesn't suggest that he is worth anything like that. Or are Chelsea getting desperate?

They bought Cucurella to replace Alonso. 

Tuchel: “I would say if we play a back four they are competing for the same place. If we play a back five, not 100%. Ben is a clear wing-back and Marc is both. He can play in the back three and as a wing-back.”

Both will get plenty of games as Chelsea will probably play 55-60 games in a season.
    Yes, and he'll start over Chilwell. Agreed Ben will get some game time just like every Premier League squad player due to the amount of football played but he's not going to be a regular. 
    Probably not in the PL but no reason why not against Iran, Wales and USA.
  • So Chelsea are prepared to pay £60m plus add ons for Anthony Gordon from Everton. They're missing a trick here because they can get him for less than a tenth of that at £5.5m on Fantasy Football.

Yes he's only 21 but is he really worth £60m plus add ons though? He's described as a "forward" in which case his 4 goals and 2 assists last season doesn't suggest that he is worth anything like that. Or are Chelsea getting desperate?
    Gordon and Gibbs-White cost as much as Haarland and Sterling....
  • So Chelsea are prepared to pay £60m plus add ons for Anthony Gordon from Everton. They're missing a trick here because they can get him for less than a tenth of that at £5.5m on Fantasy Football.

Spurs were linked to him earlier in the window in the region of £35-40m and I thought that was too much.
    He may have potential but jeez, £50m + add ons, not for me thank you.
    Unless you play him alongside another CB with electric pace then I wouldn't have said so.
    Having said that, Spurs played for 30 mins in a 4-2-4 against Chelsea with him alongside the Argentinian Wig Snatcher.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    So Chelsea are prepared to pay £60m plus add ons for Anthony Gordon from Everton. They're missing a trick here because they can get him for less than a tenth of that at £5.5m on Fantasy Football.

Agreed. Slightly different circumstances given the length of their respective contracts though and the difference in their respective salaries will probably be massive. That said, Gordon's a decent prospect but he isn't even a full international and his stats, albeit in a failing side, just don't seem to back that sort of fee up. Chelsea have a bit of a history of paying over the top and not getting the most out of their purchases and losing players for next to nothing.

£35m for Drinkwater - started 5 PL games in 5 seasons 
    £97.5m for Lukaku and he scored just 8 PL goals
    £45m for Werner and sold him for half that
    £71m for Havertz and he's scored 12 PL goals in two seasons
    £72m for their reserve keeper, Kepa

And then lost:

Christensen on a free
    Rudiger on a free
    Abraham for £34m and he's scored 17 in 37 games for Roma in the League
    Tomori for £24m to Milan

• Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:

Spurs were linked to him earlier in the window in the region of £35-40m and I thought that was too much.
    He may have potential but jeez, £50m + add ons, not for me thank you.
    Sky are quoting £60m plus add ons. As I say, Chelsea got less than that in total for Abraham, Tomori, Rudiger and Christensen.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Agreed. Slightly different circumstances given the length of their respective contracts though and the difference in their respective salaries will probably be massive. That said, Gordon's a decent prospect but he isn't even a full international and his stats, albeit in a failing side, just don't seem to back that sort of fee up. Chelsea have a bit of a history of paying over the top and not getting the most out of their purchases and losing players for next to nothing.

And then lost:

Christensen on a free
    Rudiger on a free
    Tomori for £24m to Milan

Kepa cost £72M?!! Blimey, that’s incredible 
    Probably not no, but Southgate plays 3 centre backs same as Conte does.
    Not in the the nations league he didnt
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

And then lost:

Christensen on a free
    Rudiger on a free
    Tomori for £24m to Milan

Kepa cost £72M?!! Blimey, that’s incredible 
    Think about how much he's costing them to sit on that bench! £5m a year plus?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

And then lost:

Christensen on a free
    Rudiger on a free
    Tomori for £24m to Milan

Also bought Bakayoko (lasted 1 season) and Batshuayi (8 league goals) for 35m each, Pulisic for 57m and Morata (lasted 18 months) for 60m

Sold Marc Guehi to Palace for 18m and are now looking to buy Fofana from Leicester for 80m.
  • Some rumours online overnight that Leicester City are apparently up for sale.

Would certainly explain the lack of investment this summer.
  • Whatever happened to Everton? Didn't they post losses of over 300m across a 3 year period?

FFP is pretty much a load of nonsense at this point anyway. PSG pay their 3 strikers about €130m a year combined and gave Mbappe a €150m signing bonus and as far as i'm aware nothing has happened to them.
  • On the other hand, oh to have owners rhat flaunt FFP...
  • Anyone seen this clip of Ronald McDonald listening attentively?
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgsJyykgSCW/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=