Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• So Bournemouth... How do you feel now having sacked Eddie Howe?
    Different kettle of fish IMO, going from a 10k stadium to a 50k one, and having owners who have a shite tonne of cash, and want to spend it and let everyone they're spending it too, whereas the Russian moneyman that funds Bournemouth isn't exactly out and about shaking hands in the streets of Boscombe
  • sam3110 said:
    So Bournemouth... How do you feel now having sacked Eddie Howe?
    Different kettle of fish IMO, going from a 10k stadium to a 50k one, and having owners who have a shite tonne of cash, and want to spend it and let everyone they're spending it too, whereas the Russian moneyman that funds Bournemouth isn't exactly out and about shaking hands in the streets of Boscombe
    I often thought that one argument about his failure @ Bournemouth, was that he couldnt handle the big names - No doubt a generic complaint whenever anyone fails when they make a number of signings.
  • Echos of the World Cup Semi-Final from Trippier there
  • What an advert for the Premier League the two live games today have been. Elland Road and St James’ Park packed out and in full voice, some great goals and looking like two upsets on the cards. 
  • I just knew Trippier was scoring that before taking it. I just thought he would go top right.
  • West Ham 0-2 Brighton FT
    Leeds 3-0 Chelsea FT
    Newcastle 3-1 Man C (latest score)
  • Impressive from Newcastle, they have really taken it to City who just haven't coped with it.
  • Best i think i've seen Newcastle play since Keegan was manager
  • Never seen a defence collectively shit it, as much as City are today, when Saint-Maximam gets the ball 
  • Best i think i've seen Newcastle play since Keegan was manager
    1st or 2nd spell?
  • Sponsored links:

• Game on again now.
  • Great positioning from Haaland, especially to sprint into that space
  • Newcastle can thank Charlton for that Goalkeeping from Pope!!
  • edited August 2022
    What a ridiculous pass from KvB
  • Ooh, gotta fancy City to win it now 
  • City’s passing in the final third is ridiculous 
  • 3-3. Wow, what a game this is.
  • What a game!!
  • City’s passing in the final third is ridiculous 
    That through ball from De Bruyne was amazing 
  • West Ham 0-2 Brighton FT
    Leeds 3-0 Chelsea FT
    Newcastle 3-1 Man C (latest score)
    3-3 nailed on the second I posted this 10 mins ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• This just shows the levels. Newcastle have been outstanding here and probably couldn't have done much more in terms of pressurising City yet if it wasn't for Pope they'd probably be 5-3 down.
  • se9addick said:
    What an advert for the Premier League the two live games today have been. Elland Road and St James’ Park packed out and in full voice, some great goals and looking like two upsets on the cards. 
    Meanwhile latest from the Bundesliga after 74 minutes.......Union Berlin 0 Bayern Munich 6
  • That looks harsh to me, should be a yellow.
  • edited August 2022
    Naaaa thats a booking!! - The foot is high, but the studs are pointing down

Well done referee for changing his mind - Although didnt realise that its that Aussie idiot who has been promoted already from the EFL, he was beyond shocking when we played @ Reading a few years ago.
  • This is one of those games that I don’t want to end because I’m enjoying it so much (a bit like our match on Tuesday!) 
  • Naaaa thats a booking!! - The foot is high, but the studs are pointing down

Well done referee for changing his mind - Although didnt realise that its that Aussie idiot who has been promoted already from the EFL, he was beyond shocking when we played @ Reading a few years ago.
    He was always going to change his mind once told to go and have and look because then he knows the video ref thinks it should be over turned.

Same as when they tell the ref to go and look at a possible penalty decision, they ALWAYS then give the penalty.
  • edited August 2022
    se9addick said:
    What an advert for the Premier League the two live games today have been. Elland Road and St James’ Park packed out and in full voice, some great goals and looking like two upsets on the cards. 
    Meanwhile latest from the Bundesliga after 74 minutes.......Union Berlin 0 Bayern Munich 6
    It’s Bochum they’re playing. And now it’s seven.
  • Naaaa thats a booking!! - The foot is high, but the studs are pointing down

He was always going to change his mind once told to go and have and look because then he knows the video ref thinks it should be over turned.

Same as when they tell the ref to go and look at a possible penalty decision, they ALWAYS then give the penalty.
    Dont trust referees to change their minds even then... They can be arrogant twats at times
  • Great game, draw a fair result.
  • Superb game, quite pleased Newcastle held on as they deserved it for their efforts.

City's fitness levels are something else though, still on the front foot in the 98th minute despite only making 1 sub in a game played at that speed.