Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Every result I’ve got the hump 
    I suppose got to want scousers to win on the million to one shot palace go down 
  • Gomez looking a bit perturbed 
  • Just rang the cats home and they will not let me borrow one!  Bastards "Listen Mr Jones, you cannot just borrow a cat when Palarse win..." 
  • It's Palace, that ends any discussion about who I want to win. I'm hoping for a Liverpool Golfie
  • Liverpool are actually playing better since Nunez got sent off. Red card fired up the team and the fans.
  • Gomez winning headers for fun over Zaha.

Martin Tyler nod to Charlton on commentary.
  • How does Fabinho do it every game. He gives away so many tactical fouls without getting booked. He’s like Fernandinho reincarnate. 
  • How does Fabinho do it every game. He gives away so many tactical fouls without getting booked. He’s like Darren Pratley reincarnate. 
    Corrected
  • Every result I’ve got the hump 
    I suppose got to want scousers to win on the million to one shot palace go down 
    You've got the hump all the time ohhaah.
    You make me look happy.
  • I have seen Nunez described as the piri piri Andy Carroll.... .
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    A punch up between the two managers?
    At first glance I’d say Tuchel was entirely at fault there. Looked like he wouldn’t let go of Conte’s hand. I felt he was the one who caused the ruck earlier too. Really not keen on him, he’s always seemed like a bit of a prick to me. Suits Chelsea down to the ground.
    all Tuchel.  Absolute dickhead.  Booked first time round then when they got the 2nd he left the technical area to run to the corner flag.  By letter of the law, thats another yellow and should have been back in the changing rooms.

We were shit today, not at the races but to come away with a draw with Romero pulling that poodles hair and getting away with it, fuck them all.  We've played better there and lost in the past.
    I disagree Johnboy, Conte sort of half shook his hand with no eye contact. The disrespect he showed was the reason for Tuchel's reaction, probably both as bad as each other. I dont like either team/manager so no bias here but think Conte instigated it personally, probably didn't help you robbed a point of them, surprised how bad spurs were so must feel like a win. 
    Oh behave, "disrespect"?

You sound like one of those fellas on YoooooTooooob talking about having beef because of the "disrespect" shown down their endz. 
    very odd response, i was calling it how i saw it. Looked disrespectful Conte not looking him in the eye or shaking his hand properly. That's it... 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    That was mild provocation from the defender too, when you think back to what centre backs used to do, especially in countries like Italy. 
    Completely counterproductive. He's basically sent a message to every c/h he'll be up against that if you get in his face and bully him you'll get a reaction. It really wasn't even that bad either as stated. Imagine what someone like Ruddock or Keown, Adams, etc. would have done had they seen him getting so wound up.
  • I was impressed with Klopp saying he would let him sleep on it and speak to Nunez tomorrow. Exactly the right way to deal with the issue and I'd lay any money that it is a contrite and apologetic Nunez that he speaks to and he will be better able to make his point and it will be less likely to happen again.
  • I was impressed with Klopp saying he would let him sleep on it and speak to Nunez tomorrow. Exactly the right way to deal with the issue and I'd lay any money that it is a contrite and apologetic Nunez that he speaks to and he will be better able to make his point and it will be less likely to happen again.
    He headbutted the guy and they now have to do without him for 3 games when they already have Jota and Firmino out injured. What else can he do other than apologise?

2 games into the season and every centre back in the league already knows he can be easily wound up.
  • edited August 2022
    He's in my fantasy team too ffs
    He headbutted the guy and they now have to do without him for 3 games when they already have Jota and Firmino out injured. What else can he do other than apologise?

2 games into the season and every centre back in the league already knows he can be easily wound up.
    He is young, look at players like Rooney and others who were more rash early on. I think people have gone way OTT, although other teams might push those buttons now he would have been given a talking too so it's unlikely it will happen often. Suppose well wait and see, but could be a costly one for him and for Liverpool with their lack of strikers at present. 
  • Andersson got around 400 messages abusing him last night

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62563500

How thick can some people be... Even when Klopp himself says that Nunez let the side down

How thick can some people be... Even when Klopp himself says that Nunez let the side down
    Reminds me of Stoke fans booing Aaron Ramsey after Ryan Shawcross broke his leg
  • Sponsored links:

• Ross said:
    Andersson got around 400 messages abusing him last night

They continued to do it for years after too. 

If there's any club that I wouldn't mind going out of business it's Stoke. Completely worthless club and fans. 
  • Ross said:
    Andersson got around 400 messages abusing him last night

They continued to do it for years after too. 

If there's any club that I wouldn't mind going out of business it's Stoke. Completely worthless club and fans. 
    Proper shit hole to boot - Had to work that way for six months, easily the worst part of my career
  • So, £80m for Fofana anyone?  Jeez, thats a bit toppy. He's good...but not that good, surely?

How thick can some people be...
    Quite simply, scousers gonna scouse
  • Dele Alli to Besiktas

I do hope he realises that Turkish fans have certain expectations (effort being one) and that if/when things go wrong they might not be particularly sympathetic 
  • Dele Alli to Besiktas

I do hope he realises that Turkish fans have certain expectations (effort being one) and that if/when things go wrong they might not be particularly sympathetic 
    I can't remember another player who has got nearly 40 caps for England before the age of 23 then has never played another international, as I suspect will happen here.

Certainly not without a really big injury.
  • I was so hoping for his sake that a move to Everton would give him the kick up the backside he needed.  The game against Palace 2-0 down and he inspired the comeback to 3-2, I thought that may have been the moment that the switch flicked back on but now it very much appears to have been a flash in the pan.

Such a waste of talent.  At his peak he was brilliant at Spurs and for Poch.

I can only liken his fall from grace to that of David Bentley in recent times.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    I was so hoping for his sake that a move to Everton would give him the kick up the backside he needed.  The game against Palace 2-0 down and he inspired the comeback to 3-2, I thought that may have been the moment that the switch flicked back on but now it very much appears to have been a flash in the pan.

Such a waste of talent.  At his peak he was brilliant at Spurs and for Poch.

I can only liken his fall from grace to that of David Bentley in recent times.
    Marcus Rashford seems to be going the same way
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    A punch up between the two managers?
    At first glance I’d say Tuchel was entirely at fault there. Looked like he wouldn’t let go of Conte’s hand. I felt he was the one who caused the ruck earlier too. Really not keen on him, he’s always seemed like a bit of a prick to me. Suits Chelsea down to the ground.
    all Tuchel.  Absolute dickhead.  Booked first time round then when they got the 2nd he left the technical area to run to the corner flag.  By letter of the law, thats another yellow and should have been back in the changing rooms.

We were shit today, not at the races but to come away with a draw with Romero pulling that poodles hair and getting away with it, fuck them all.  We've played better there and lost in the past.
    Didn't it all start when Conte left his technical area and celebrated right in Tuchel's face for Spurs' first goal?

Or was there something before that?
    AFAIK, and what I saw, it didnt look as though Conte left his area. We'll see when Conte cam is released later :)
    And here's 'Conte Cam'.
    https://youtu.be/OV_uPjiNf10

Doesn't do much wrong by the looks of it.  On the first equalizer, Conte celebrates with the bench and then does what he always does, celebrates towards the away fans, which were in the far corner, directly in line with Chelsea's bench.  As you'll see, Tuchel spends more of the game arguing with the fourth official. 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    So, £80m for Fofana anyone?  Jeez, thats a bit toppy. He's good...but not that good, surely?
    He was absolutely terrible for Leicester at Arsenal on Saturday. Appreciate his mind might be elsewhere though and he'll likely be better with better players around him.