Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• no stats to quote .. the few televised games I've seen so far, there is much less playing out from the back and more long balls or first time accurate passes out to the wings .. I suspect this is because oppositions are now using the high field press to such good effect 
  • no stats to quote .. the few televised games I've seen so far, there is much less playing out from the back and more long balls or first time accurate passes out to the wings .. I suspect this is because oppositions are now using the high field press to such good effect 
    It's why ball playing centre backs and keepers are so sought after right now, especially ones that can create a space for themselves and then ping a long ball forwards
  • edited August 2022
    Palace 1-0 Man City. 

Arsenal's win at Palace on the opening day looks more impressive as the games go on. 

Liverpool thumping Bournemouth as well. 
  • Someone got a right bollocking Monday night.. 
  • edited August 2022
    Liverpool 4-0 Bournemouth

Palace 2-0 Man City 

Gallagher sent off for Chelsea. Horrible first two games. 

Everton 1-0 Brentford. 
  • How can Liverpool be 5-0 up with Salah contributing no goals or assists?  :D 
  • How can Liverpool be 5-0 up with Salah contributing no goals or assists?  :D 
    How many playing seconds were they 5-0 up for? 
  • 7-0 and my fpl captain Salah has not done a thing. Love it.
  • 73% possession. 
  • City!!!!!!!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Haaland is quite good. 
  • You'd want to be the first side to score 10 in the Premier League wouldn't you?  I'd be getting everyone forward.
  • Might aswell give haaland golden boot now
  • Bournemouth should have Parker-ed the bus.

See the source image
  • Have Fulham jumped into a time machine where they take the Premier League seriously again?

I mean Mitrovic has already bettered his goal tally for the last time they were in the top flight

That will cheer you up.
  • Since when did Arsenal have Palace ultras in the crowd. Cringe.
  • After Liverpool's 9 goals today, it's guaranteed that tomorrow's MOTD2 will close with Liverpool's 9 goals past Perry Suckling!
  • Sponsored links:

• After Liverpool's 9 goals today, it's guaranteed that tomorrow's MOTD2 will close with Liverpool's 9 goals past Perry Suckling!
    Scored by 9 different players 
    Same for me, i still can't actually believe a team can score 9 and their main attacker had no involvement in any of them. The only consolation is that a) the majority of others will have captained him too, and b) Jesus did even worse.

If you captained Haaland though then you've had a great week.
  • At least Scott Parker gave the club and all the fans a boost with his post match comments:

Asked if this will be the lowest point in their season, Parker said: "At this moment in time, where we currently are, I can see some more to be honest with you."
  • Crazy stat for Haaland. He has now scored 161 goals in his last 148 starts for club and country.
  • Since when did Arsenal have Palace ultras in the crowd. Cringe.
    The group has been around for a season or two now but yesterday as the first match in the all black 'uniform'. Utterly pathetic 
  • At what point do people start to question Steven Gerrard? I feel that if he was foreign he'd be getting ridiculed by the English media.

3 wins in his last 15 PL games, which came against Norwich, Burnley and Everton.

Villa's next 2 games are Arsenal and Man City.
  • At what point do people start to question Steven Gerrard? I feel that if he was foreign he'd be getting ridiculed by the English media.

3 wins in his last 15 PL games, which came against Norwich, Burnley and Everton.

Villa's next 2 games are Arsenal and Man City.
    Completrly agree, definitely a 'mates in the press' cushion helping shield him - a bit when ex-United players were slower to have a go at Solskjaer compared to Mourinho, Rangnick etc.

Started last season too, they faded badly.

Not as if Villa haven't spent a fair bit, either.
  • I feel like he'll probably be given a free pass in their next 2 games, but after that they have Leicester and Southampton then it's the international break. If he doesn't get a win from either of those, he'll be very lucky to still be in a job after the break.
  • Looks like Viera yet again proving to be better than both Lampard and Gerrard. 

Gets 1/10th of the plaudits though, as per usual.