Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Nottingham Forest actually play some decent football, just lacking a bit in the final third. Which makes it odd that their 2 main striker signings this summer are sat on the bench.
  • Must be a rare penalty miss from Harry Kane.

Although Dean Henderson celebrating that save is gonna bite him on the arse with a calamity error
  • Richarlson is such a pantomime villain! 
  • se9addick said:
    Richarlson is such a pantomime villain! 
    He is, but Tyler and Carragher are going way over the top with the criticism. 
    Carragher just isn’t able to be impartial. They need to get rid of him.
  • Wow - Man Utd's spending has just gone over £200m what with Antony signing.

They're now looking to bring in Dubravka from Newcastle...
  • edited August 2022
    Doesn't Anthony play in the same position as Sancho? I know so far it's not worked out as expected for Sancho but they are surely not looking to move him on already?

With that sort of cash being thrown around they will be looking to get Ronaldo, Maguire and Rashford out in the next few days. Maybe a swap dealing involving Dubravka on the cards but they really should have signed Pope in the summer! 
  • ten Hag spends over $140 MILLION on players from his old club ? .. bargains, going rate, paying the Man U 'premium' or doing his old Ajax mates a favour ?
  • I'm more annoyed that Chelsea are spending money like water despite having £1.6bn debts just 'written off'.  How does that work with FFP?!  Makes a complete mockery of it really.
  • Doesn't Anthony play in the same position as Sancho? I know so far it's not worked out as expected for Sancho but they are surely not looking to move him on already?

With that sort of cash being thrown around they will be looking to get Ronaldo, Maguire and Rashford out in the next few days. Maybe a swap dealing involving Dubravka on the cards but they really should have signed Pope in the summer! 
    They need some competition. If they get rid of Ronaldo they’ll still only have 4 senior players for the forward 3 positions. I think they’ll play Antony RW, Sancho LW and Rashford up top with Martial covering. 

I can’t see Maguire leaving either, Chelsea will sign Fofana. 
  • Sponsored links:

• ten Hag spends over $140 MILLION on players from his old club ? .. bargains, going rate, paying the Man U 'premium' or doing his old Ajax mates a favour ?
    These managers going back to their previous club and raiding them for their best players, it seems Garner and ten Hag don't just share a hairstyle  ;)
    Reminds me of football manager when you needed funds you made a second manager, made him take over Man United or someone and sign one of your backup players for £200m, then resigned and retired the day after the transfer went through
  • Doesn't Anthony play in the same position as Sancho? I know so far it's not worked out as expected for Sancho but they are surely not looking to move him on already?

They need some competition. If they get rid of Ronaldo they’ll still only have 4 senior players for the forward 3 positions. I think they’ll play Antony RW, Sancho LW and Rashford up top with Martial covering. 

I can’t see Maguire leaving either, Chelsea will sign Fofana. 
    Agree with this - last two games they had Sancho and Elanga on the wings, it'll be Elanga who drops out.
  • Chelsea's home game with West Ham on Sunday has been moved forward to Saturday by the Premier League following the Champions League draw.

The game was due to be shown live by Sky Sports this Sunday at 14:00 BST.

It will now take place on Saturday at 15:00 because the Blues face Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia in the Champions League on 6 September.

Chelsea and West Ham United fan groups described the late date change as "totally unacceptable".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62717207

• clive said:

Chelsea's home game with West Ham on Sunday has been moved forward to Saturday by the Premier League following the Champions League draw.

It will now take place on Saturday at 15:00 because the Blues face Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia in the Champions League on 6 September.

Chelsea and West Ham United fan groups described the late date change as "totally unacceptable".

The late change isn't ideal, but at least there should be fewer people having to rearrange transport or hotels than if Chelsea had been playing say Newcastle
  • Just catching up with MOTD.  Why was Palace's third disallowed and why wasn't it checked by VAR?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Just catching up with MOTD.  Why was Palace's third disallowed and why wasn't it checked by VAR?
    An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:
    • prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
    Looking at a replay, the keeper was still in the process of kicking/releasing it for me (just, although I can see it either way).  But that must be how the ref & VAR so it, so it was disallowed.

If the keeper had rolled it out or something, it would have been different.
  • clive said:

Chelsea's home game with West Ham on Sunday has been moved forward to Saturday by the Premier League following the Champions League draw.

The Premier league have to be blamed here i think. When they set fixtures they obviously knew that there was a 50-50 chance Chelsea would be playing on the Tuesday, so why couldn't they just arrange the game originally for one of the Saturday tv slots?

Putting it on a Sunday and then saying it's unavoidable it has to be moved just 5 days before the game is pathetic.
  • Never known them to move one before. Normally the clubs complain about the league not being flexible 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Just catching up with MOTD.  Why was Palace's third disallowed and why wasn't it checked by VAR?
    • prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
    Looking at a replay, the keeper was still in the process of kicking/releasing it for me (just, although I can see it either way).  But that must be how the ref & VAR so it, so it was disallowed.

It was a very marginal decision, as to me the keeper had just released it. But it certainly wasn't clear cut enough to overrule the onfield decision. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

It was a very marginal decision, as to me the keeper had just released it. But it certainly wasn't clear cut enough to overrule the onfield decision. 
    It wasn't VAR checked though was it?  The Palace players didn't look overly up set either which really confused me.  
  • I would love to see Forrest stay in the Prem as I think their fans deserve it. But they are just about to sign their 20th player this window !!!! How the hell are they staying within FFP rules ? Their wage bill must be off the chart 
  • Scott Parker sacked at Bournemouth apparently. Must be one of the earliest sackings after the start of the season.
  • philcafc said:
    Scott Parker sacked at Bournemouth apparently. Must be one of the earliest sackings after the start of the season.
    according to the Guardian, Fulham have also sacked him .. not his day was it  :'(
  • I've no idea how on earth they're getting this past FFP but after spending over 200m on Sterling, Cucurella, Koulibaly, Fofana and Chukwuemeka, Chelsea are apparently now in discussions with Leipzig to buy Josko Gvardiol for almost 80m.

And to think Chelsea fans were worried about the future when Abramovich left. Todd Boehly is spending even more.
  • Can't stand the twat but that's a great goal. 
  • I've no idea how on earth they're getting this past FFP but after spending over 200m on Sterling, Cucurella, Koulibaly, Fofana and Chukwuemeka, Chelsea are apparently now in discussions with Leipzig to buy Josko Gvardiol for almost 80m.

And to think Chelsea fans were worried about the future when Abramovich left. Todd Boehly is spending even more.
    And going to send him back on loan for the season.  £80m and send him on loan.  How the f*** is that even allowed to happen?!  That is mental.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    I've no idea how on earth they're getting this past FFP but after spending over 200m on Sterling, Cucurella, Koulibaly, Fofana and Chukwuemeka, Chelsea are apparently now in discussions with Leipzig to buy Josko Gvardiol for almost 80m.

And going to send him back on loan for the season.  £80m and send him on loan.  How the f*** is that even allowed to happen?!  That is mental.
    Apparently he has a €60m release clause that kicks in next summer, so Chelsea have offered well over the odds to try and sign him now, rather than compete with most of Europe next summer.

Leipzig surely aren't going to say no as a) they get to keep him and b) he'll be leaving for less money next summer anyway.
  • After losing 2-1 to Southampton tonight, surely Chelsea defensive reinforcements now, not next season?
  • After losing 2-1 to Southampton tonight, surely Chelsea defensive reinforcements now, not next season?
    In fairness they were missing Reece James and will confirm the signing of Fofana today. Tuchel played a back 4 last night which never seems to work for them.

A back 5 of James - Silva - Koulibaly - Fofana - Cucurella is pretty decent. Cucurella can also cover LCB and they also have Chilwell.