Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th March 2022

Comments

• Scoham said:
    This formation is beyond a joke now, i seriously can't understand why Jackson persists with it.

We're shit at the back anyway, neither wing back is that good, we only have Dobson in midfield and we don't create anything. We haven't played well for weeks so why doesn't he change it?
    If we’re shit at the back, how does going from five bodies to four help with that?
    Do the players believe in the formation?
    What formation do they believe in? They’ve tried 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 - they’ve been rubbish in all of them. 
    I agree, I don’t think changing formation will make a much of a difference, but it needs to be done to see if it gets a reaction.
  • If we leave it til the 80th minute to make changes that's ot for me this season I will give it a miss until next season starts and hopefully a few new players, coaches and Manager
  • Oggy Red said:
    Jacko, get on the blower to Curbs. Or Chrissy Powell or anyone.

You're in a hole, mate.

That's what she said!!
  • Dobson, Purrington, Lee, and Stockley the only ones that are noticeably on the pitch. The rest of have barely had a touch, and that includes the entire back 3 which says all you need to know. Even Pearce looks detached today. 
  • Curbs is asking for Gilbey and Washington to come on, saying we need to win midfield and someone in defence needs to stand up and take control! He sounds very pissed off!
  • Chunes said:
    Go on Brownie! He's fuming
    Whats he saying?
    Players are disorganised
  • Nadou said:
    Hopeless. Depressing. How are these players making a living?
    Should pay the defenders for clean sheets, midfield assists and strikers for goals. No basic wage. Rubbish, unmotivated, unprofessional, excuses and shouldn't be called a team.

Sandgaard has some decision to make before this season ends. I love Jacko but it's looking less and less likely he will get another season.

As for one decent player and some under 23's coming in the summer. Wake up Sandgaard, your investment, despite your good intentions was poor and needs to be doubled. Or next season will be a re-run. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Jacko, get on the blower to Curbs. Or Chrissy Powell or anyone.

You're in a hole, mate.

That's what she said!!

• Curbs is asking for Gilbey and Washington to come on, saying we need to win midfield and someone in defence needs to stand up and take control! He sounds very pissed off!
    Ah yeah Captain Gilbey will really make a difference for fuck sake...
  • We are so terrible. I can’t even rely on these players to cheer me up while I’m going through a bad time . Useless 
    I mean you can never rely on Charlton as a pick me up, but hope you're able to find some joy this weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

Curbs has a love affair with Gilbey. Where as I actually probably agree with him this time, as something/anything needs to change, I don’t think Gilbey is the answer to our problems. 
  • Massives 4-0 up against Cambilge already.

Anyone care? No, thought not.

• edited March 2022
    The system being used is not suitable  for this squad. That is plain to see. Clare looks shaky and there is no width on the right. 
    We have neither the time, nor the bricks and mortar, to say nothing of the brickies that would be required, to provide this lot with a defensive wall that every opposition could not run through with ease.
  • edited March 2022
    Chunes said:
    Go on Brownie! He's fuming
    Whats he saying?
    No leadership on the pitch, nobody pointing the figure and organising, Lavelle's defending for their second goal not good enough for league one standard... Curbs saying it looks like players just accept it (poor defending). 

You don't get a lot of likes when you criticise Jason Pearce's captaincy but there it is. Culture has to change
  • edited March 2022
    ct_addick said:
    JJ gotta go or else we will go down 
    This goes far far deeper than just Jacko, there is a failure within the ranks, these players should be far better than this shite, IF they could actually GIVE A SHIT...this run is a total embarrassment :s
  • Is that you @jimmymelrose being interviewed on Charlton TV just now ?
    Just imagine how pissed off he'd be if he had to pay a tenner for the stream like the rest of us (overseas, honest).
  • For me, I'd aim to get players sent off. Two on the field with yellows. Get in their heads boys. Wind them up.
    Win midfield by bringing on Gilbey, masterful 
  • Tough time for Sandgaard now. He'll want to back his manager, especially after having to pay one off so recently. He clung on to Bowyer longer than most would have as well and he clearly likes to give the manager time. Jackson will be telling him that he needs his own players and a big rebuild but Sandgaard must be watching the same formation every week making the same mistakes regardless of who plays where, totally dependent on one or two players being fit to show any semblance of footballing ability and sweat a bit at the idea of giving Jackson millions of his own money to do the same thing with. Would having a quality L1 RWB and RCB really make that much difference if every week teams are getting at us in that gap between the two and Jackson doesn't seem to know what to do about it? Would having all the best defenders matter if the players seem shocked by the existence of opposition set pieces every week? Probably not. I love the idea that Jackson gets his own team in next season and goes full Powell, seeing off the old players and rebuilding with what he wants but Chris Powell had Gary Doherty, Frank Nouble and Alan McCormack in 10/11 and you could at least see what he was trying to do. I have no idea what Jackson's plan is and I doubt a raft of signings will make that much clearer. Worrying times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    This formation is beyond a joke now, i seriously can't understand why Jackson persists with it.

We're shit at the back anyway, neither wing back is that good, we only have Dobson in midfield and we don't create anything. We haven't played well for weeks so why doesn't he change it?
    If we’re shit at the back, how does going from five bodies to four help with that?
    What formation do they believe in? They’ve tried 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 - they’ve been rubbish in all of them. 
    I agree, I don’t think changing formation will make a much of a difference, but it needs to be done to see if it gets a reaction.
    Not having a go when I say this but we have only 1 proper wing back and he can't even make the bench. 
    Needs to start playing players to there strength because whens it's poor and the results are poor but hes changed things they can't hide behind the "out of postion" excuse.

• To promote from within an already failing situation very rarely works in the long term, it’s not even been long term yet, we needed a complete clear out, get a new/ different mentality into the club. But we didn’t and just wasted a whole fucking season of peoples hard earned, the way things are going with the cost of living,  trying to fill the valley is a pipe dream especially when our club isn’t learning and adapting in the necessary ways. The cost of following a failing football team no matter how loyal, and fuck me we have some CRAZY!!, I mean really loyal people giving there time and money on this bunch of fuckwits!!!, fair play to them but fuck me!!!., even those guys will be prioritising, Charlton are doing nothing to convince people there money isn’t better spent.
  • Leuth said:
    Curbs is asking for Gilbey and Washington to come on, saying we need to win midfield and someone in defence needs to stand up and take control! He sounds very pissed off!
    Win midfield by bringing on Gilbey, masterful 
    Yeah even Curbs can be wrong on occasion.
  • Peter Shirtliff right on the ball saying MacGillivray needs to dominate his penalty area more and we need to win the second ball. 
    That’s coz he just read my post :smiley:
  • So first it was 'once we get Stockley back we'll turn it around'. 

Will it be 'once we get Washington back we'll turn it around' after this?

This is pitiful now. 
    Wait until we get Soare  or whatever his name is back
  • Great I came on here to check the score and find we are 2-1 down and now 7pt off relegation as it stands at half time. All I wanted from thos game was a draw and 0-0.
  • It's 0-0 this half boys. Cling on like shit on a bum pube.
  • Jacko talking intently to a sub there.

Not sure which.
  • Tough time for Sandgaard now. He'll want to back his manager, especially after having to pay one off so recently. He clung on to Bowyer longer than most would have as well and he clearly likes to give the manager time. Jackson will be telling him that he needs his own players and a big rebuild but Sandgaard must be watching the same formation every week making the same mistakes regardless of who plays where, totally dependent on one or two players being fit to show any semblance of footballing ability and sweat a bit at the idea of giving Jackson millions of his own money to do the same thing with. Would having a quality L1 RWB and RCB really make that much difference if every week teams are getting at us in that gap between the two and Jackson doesn't seem to know what to do about it? Would having all the best defenders matter if the players seem shocked by the existence of opposition set pieces every week? Probably not. I love the idea that Jackson gets his own team in next season and goes full Powell, seeing off the old players and rebuilding with what he wants but Chris Powell had Gary Doherty, Frank Nouble and Alan McCormack in 10/11 and you could at least see what he was trying to do. I have no idea what Jackson's plan is and I doubt a raft of signings will make that much clearer. Worrying times.
    Hits the nail on the head for me. You could have Dani Alves their and it wouldn’t be making any difference for us currently as the opposition know exactly where the ball is going (slowly at that as well) and are always set up to defend it effectively. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

The players are absolute c#&@s, Jackson thought they were his mates..     
    They were his mates when they downed tools under Adkins to get Jackson the job. 
    Yep, they were Bowyers and Adkins mates aswell, there’s your problem. Get someone who will fuck them off when they even show the smallest lack of effort.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!