Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th March 2022

Comments

• No way was that a foul from Clare.
  • Elliott Lee brainless there.
  • paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    This formation is beyond a joke now, i seriously can't understand why Jackson persists with it.

We're shit at the back anyway, neither wing back is that good, we only have Dobson in midfield and we don't create anything. We haven't played well for weeks so why doesn't he change it?
    If we’re shit at the back, how does going from five bodies to four help with that?
    Do the players believe in the formation?
    The players are absolute c#&@s, Jackson thought they were his mates..     
    They were his mates when they downed tools under Adkins to get Jackson the job. 
    Yep, they were Bowyers and Adkins mates aswell, there’s your problem. Get someone who will fuck them off when they even show the smallest lack of effort.
    Adkins did that and it was complained about. Talk of freezing players out etc. 

Jackson comes in all chummy and leads to the same result. 
    1. 46'

Post update

Foul by Korede Adedoyin (Accrington Stanley).

2. 46'

Post update

Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

1. 46'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Harvey Rodgers.

• I thought the clocks had gone forward and post match comments were being made! Back to the garden, mow the lawn.

1. 47'

Post update

Sean McConville (Accrington Stanley) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 47'

Post update

Foul by Sean Clare (Charlton Athletic).

1. 48'

Post update

Ethan Hamilton (Accrington Stanley) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 48'

Post update

Foul by Elliot Lee (Charlton Athletic).

• 49’ - We've currently got a stoppage in play with Longelo down receiving treatment.
  • Sponsored links:

• MacG's  distribution is absolutely cack
  • edited March 2022
    That's a collar bone or elbow injury for Accy
  • Can I just say I was reporting on what Curbs said, not my opinion!! Doesn't matter anyway as JJ hasn't made any changes, which is also what Curbs was asking for at HT.
  • Charlton shit at defending set pieces. Charlton give away needless free kicks in dangerous areas!

Idiotic!

1. Post update

Sean McConville (Accrington Stanley) wins a free kick on the left wing.

49'

Post update

Scott Fraser (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Croydon said:
    MacG's  distribution is absolutely cack
    This frustrates me more than his not going for crosses. He rarely ever released the ball quickly. 
  • To be fair to them, it just seems having turn up and play 90 minutes once or twice a week, is a tad tedious. Cut them some slack, I’m sure training has goals and skill and worldly saves ….. 
    1. 49'

Post update

Attempt saved. Ben Purrington (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from the left side of the box is saved.

• 50' Purrington drills in a deep cross which is caught by Savin. #asfc 2 #cafc 1
  • Tough time for Sandgaard now. He'll want to back his manager, especially after having to pay one off so recently. He clung on to Bowyer longer than most would have as well and he clearly likes to give the manager time. Jackson will be telling him that he needs his own players and a big rebuild but Sandgaard must be watching the same formation every week making the same mistakes regardless of who plays where, totally dependent on one or two players being fit to show any semblance of footballing ability and sweat a bit at the idea of giving Jackson millions of his own money to do the same thing with. Would having a quality L1 RWB and RCB really make that much difference if every week teams are getting at us in that gap between the two and Jackson doesn't seem to know what to do about it? Would having all the best defenders matter if the players seem shocked by the existence of opposition set pieces every week? Probably not. I love the idea that Jackson gets his own team in next season and goes full Powell, seeing off the old players and rebuilding with what he wants but Chris Powell had Gary Doherty, Frank Nouble and Alan McCormack in 10/11 and you could at least see what he was trying to do. I have no idea what Jackson's plan is and I doubt a raft of signings will make that much clearer. Worrying times.
    Not sure about that last bit - Powell kept changing formation in a desperate attempt to get results. Jackson’s the one sticking to his system, I think it’s clear what he wants to do, press high, play from the back, wide CBs support the wing backs etc. Both had squads which were demotivated and lacked the required quality. These players are more technical but so is League 1 overall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Peter Shirtliff doesn’t mince his words - I like his contributions - he is clearly with us, and off commentary would say we are shit !!!
  • Sentimental appointments in my book usually never work Lampard at Chelsea and Solskjaer at Man Utd are perfect examples.
  • Croydon said:
    And people are unironically saying him for POTY! Laughable!
  • Clare plodding about.
  • Better immediately from him
  • Absolutely shocked Leko was offside there
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Croydon said:
    And people are unironically saying him for POTY! Laughable!
    Worst keeper we have had in years.
  • Jonathon "offside" Leko again..get him off and get Washington on
  • Scoham said:
    Tough time for Sandgaard now. He'll want to back his manager, especially after having to pay one off so recently. He clung on to Bowyer longer than most would have as well and he clearly likes to give the manager time. Jackson will be telling him that he needs his own players and a big rebuild but Sandgaard must be watching the same formation every week making the same mistakes regardless of who plays where, totally dependent on one or two players being fit to show any semblance of footballing ability and sweat a bit at the idea of giving Jackson millions of his own money to do the same thing with. Would having a quality L1 RWB and RCB really make that much difference if every week teams are getting at us in that gap between the two and Jackson doesn't seem to know what to do about it? Would having all the best defenders matter if the players seem shocked by the existence of opposition set pieces every week? Probably not. I love the idea that Jackson gets his own team in next season and goes full Powell, seeing off the old players and rebuilding with what he wants but Chris Powell had Gary Doherty, Frank Nouble and Alan McCormack in 10/11 and you could at least see what he was trying to do. I have no idea what Jackson's plan is and I doubt a raft of signings will make that much clearer. Worrying times.
    Not sure about that last bit - Powell kept changing formation in a desperate attempt to get results. Jackson’s the one sticking to his system, I think it’s clear what he wants to do, press high, play from the back, wide CBs support the wing backs etc. Both had squads which were demotivated and lacked the required quality. These players are more technical but so is League 1 overall.
    The issue is that Powell knew he was going to have a complete squad rebuild and signed over 10 players. 

TS from the sounds of it is only really looking for 2-5 players. Hardly an entire new squad. 
    1. 53'

Post update

Foul by Korede Adedoyin (Accrington Stanley).

2. 53'

Post update

Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!