Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th March 2022

Comments

• DDOUBLEE said:
    Croydon said:
    MacG's  distribution is absolutely cack
    And people are unironically saying him for POTY! Laughable!
    Either that or they're saying he's POTTY i.e. full of shit.

• 55' Leko drives forward and sees an effort blocked behind for a corner. Accrington get it clear. #asfc 2 #cafc 1
  • i am confident we will turn this around! ... I'll get my coat!!!
  • paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    This formation is beyond a joke now, i seriously can't understand why Jackson persists with it.

We're shit at the back anyway, neither wing back is that good, we only have Dobson in midfield and we don't create anything. We haven't played well for weeks so why doesn't he change it?
    If we’re shit at the back, how does going from five bodies to four help with that?
    Do the players believe in the formation?
    The players are absolute c#&@s, Jackson thought they were his mates..     
    They were his mates when they downed tools under Adkins to get Jackson the job. 
    Yep, they were Bowyers and Adkins mates aswell, there’s your problem. Get someone who will fuck them off when they even show the smallest lack of effort.
    Adkins did that and it was complained about. Talk of freezing players out etc. 

Jackson comes in all chummy and leads to the same result. 
    I’m not saying Adkins had to stay, but I did feel  for him because my view hasn’t changed where I think the players fucked him over big time, he obviously had a blind spot with Dobbo, but most of the others are doing the same.playing well or badly as and when it suits. Get shot of as many as possible I’d say. We need to majorly freshen up the club throughout. Football has changed and we are being swallowed up by it, trying to live in the past.
  • Better Leko
  • Better.. Leko takes his defender on a gets his shot away, deflected out for a corner. 
  • Leko is absolutely brainless
  • Leko offside twice in 4 minutes
  • Hmm Leko offside again for a threaded ball down the line. SHIRTLIFFE: He's gotta show a bit more intelligence. 
  • Comes to nothing. Of course. 

Leko has been slightly more positive, but needs to do better staying onside. 
  • Sponsored links:

• How many times Leko offside !!!

Jeez
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Better Leko
    Offside Leko.

Captain Fantastic on comms: "He has to show more intelligence."
  • Obviously, Washington not ready to play 45 minutes
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Leko offside twice in 4 minutes
    He's effing football brain dead. 
  • Free kick to Accy just outside the box.. 
    1. 55'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Ben Purrington tries a through ball, but Jonathan Leko is caught offside.

• Scoham said:
    Tough time for Sandgaard now. He'll want to back his manager, especially after having to pay one off so recently. He clung on to Bowyer longer than most would have as well and he clearly likes to give the manager time. Jackson will be telling him that he needs his own players and a big rebuild but Sandgaard must be watching the same formation every week making the same mistakes regardless of who plays where, totally dependent on one or two players being fit to show any semblance of footballing ability and sweat a bit at the idea of giving Jackson millions of his own money to do the same thing with. Would having a quality L1 RWB and RCB really make that much difference if every week teams are getting at us in that gap between the two and Jackson doesn't seem to know what to do about it? Would having all the best defenders matter if the players seem shocked by the existence of opposition set pieces every week? Probably not. I love the idea that Jackson gets his own team in next season and goes full Powell, seeing off the old players and rebuilding with what he wants but Chris Powell had Gary Doherty, Frank Nouble and Alan McCormack in 10/11 and you could at least see what he was trying to do. I have no idea what Jackson's plan is and I doubt a raft of signings will make that much clearer. Worrying times.
    Not sure about that last bit - Powell kept changing formation in a desperate attempt to get results. Jackson’s the one sticking to his system, I think it’s clear what he wants to do, press high, play from the back, wide CBs support the wing backs etc. Both had squads which were demotivated and lacked the required quality. These players are more technical but so is League 1 overall.
    The issue is that Powell knew he was going to have a complete squad rebuild and signed over 10 players. 

TS from the sounds of it is only really looking for 2-5 players. Hardly an entire new squad. 
    Plus 5 or 6 loans, it’s another rebuild. Down to TS whether it’s a Powell style rebuild. Trying to keep costs down is likely to mean spending more in the longer term.
  • I rarely see other teams be offside from a free kick. We do it all the time!
  • Free kick conceded a yard outside our box.

Given our defensive record this season not the best tactic.
  • edited March 2022
    Does Leko know he needs to look along the line to make sure he stays onside ffs 😤
  • Sponsored links:

• 58’ - Sykes heads just wide at the back post.
  • Cleared off the line by Gunter, I think.. we’re lucky to survive the ball in after 
  • We are weak, soft, trash.
  • ct_addick said:
    JJ gotta go or else we will go down 
    This goes far far deeper than just Jacko, there is a failure within the ranks, these players should be far better than this shite, IF they could actually GIVE A SHIT...this run is a total embarrassment :s
    The team name should be "Americanized" to the "Floyd  Road Oligarchs". They sponge, you work harder for less. THEY COULDN'T, could they? With players :s and of this level of commitment, football is finished. >:)
  • Pearce off for Washington, comms saying Leko gone to rwb. 
  • Elliot Lee gave that away for that chance. So shit

• 58' Pearcey heads an Accy effort off the line. #asfc 2 #cafc 1
  • Oh we've made a sub!

• 58' SUB  Conor Washington is on for Jason Pearce. #asfc 2 #cafc 1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!