Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th March 2022

Comments

• edited March 2022
    Another cracking first half Jacko... :(
    Managing Charlton does nothing for your looks does it..?

Bloke looks 10 years older.  If he stays next season.

• If he loves the club as much as he claims, he needs to walk
  • We’ve invested all that money in Fraser and we manage to pass the ball to him about 4 times a game. 

Zero method to the madness, no visible patterns of play. We seem to just turn up and hope for the best.  

That being said, Pep Guardiola couldn’t do much with this group. 
  • Jacko, get on the blower to Curbs. Or Chrissy Powell or anyone.

You're in a hole, mate.

• This formation is beyond a joke now, i seriously can't understand why Jackson persists with it.

We're shit at the back anyway, neither wing back is that good, we only have Dobson in midfield and we don't create anything. We haven't played well for weeks so why doesn't he change it?
    If we’re shit at the back, how does going from five bodies to four help with that?
    Do the players believe in the formation?
  • Hopeless. Depressing. How are these players making a living?
  • This formation is beyond a joke now, i seriously can't understand why Jackson persists with it.

We're shit at the back anyway, neither wing back is that good, we only have Dobson in midfield and we don't create anything. We haven't played well for weeks so why doesn't he change it?
    Fully agree. Got players to change up to wingers and play a solid back 4. 

Said it before and I'll say it again..I desperately want him to succeed but I can't see it...he just isn't learning 

I agree mate. He is being ridiculously stubborn imo. You cant keep doing the same things expecting a different outcome. If Jj is here next season I will be amazed

If we’re shit at the back, how does going from five bodies to four help with that?
    If we put an extra man into the centre of midfield, it'd (hopefully) give us more control. Teams just go through us too easily.
  • Not keen on Fraser and Lee together.. can’t really recall Fraser getting involved too much. I know when you’re in a team off form, it’s even harder to make an impact. It just isn’t working so far though. 

Open first 5 and we created a few chances that we should have done better with. Took the lead and then we reverted back to allowing ourselves to get bullied and lost every single battle. I dunno if Jacko is the right man or not, but these lot are brainless and gutless. 
  • We look utterly clueless.

How many seasons now is it that the opposition team seem to be able to walk through us with ease, especially on the turn over of play, yet when we are in similar positions we come just end up running into dead ends.

Too many. 

Probably Powell's / Riga's last season 13/14 season was it?

No matter who has been in charge since, Bowyer's promotion season aside teams carve through us. Even in that season actually it did happen. 

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Jacko, get on the blower to Curbs. Or Chrissy Powell or anyone.

You're in a hole, mate.

Probably already has?
  • We look utterly clueless.

How many seasons now is it that the opposition team seem to be able to walk through us with ease, especially on the turn over of play, yet when we are in similar positions we come just end up running into dead ends.

This! And as you say its been going on for years and not just against the top teams but any team.  A load of headless chickens no team shape and lacking any leadership on the pitch - sounds just like the Bowyer team mid last season
  • Same old shit different day. Plus said it before Jackson not good enough I’m afraid 
  • JJ gotta go or else we will go down 
  • edited March 2022
    Go on Brownie! He's fuming
  • SDAddick said:
    We are not good at football. 

Questions need to be asked of Jacko's selection and organization. I don't mind keeping a set formation as there are a lot of different ways to play any formation. But we just look so poorly organized from both set pieces and defending in general. This is not just the players. 
    Don't worry our non league coach will get them organised. When is he joining us ?
  • Yep. Awful. No fight and no tactics. Clare is giving us nothing on the right and not tracking back either. The defence seem surprised that the ball is coming in towards them. Nobody is marking Pell. Dire! And we were gifted the lead! Be amazed if nobody is sent off today.
  • Another cracking first half Jacko... :(
    Managing Charlton does nothing for your looks does it...

Bloke looks 10 years older.  If he stays next season.

Marty Feldman king of the wonky eye.
  • Teams that avoid the drop have, at least, desire if not skill...

There's not even the hint of a whimper at the moment.
  • Scoham said:
    This formation is beyond a joke now, i seriously can't understand why Jackson persists with it.

What formation do they believe in? They’ve tried 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 - they’ve been rubbish in all of them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Isn't the whole point of a manager to try and take a bunch of players and find the best way for them to play? 

Seems like he's decided on a formation and then plugged players to fill in gaps until the summer. Obviously it's going as well as expected. 

Will Jackson turn it around over the summer? Adkins started on a far better footing and we saw how that turned out. 
  • Scoham said:
    This formation is beyond a joke now, i seriously can't understand why Jackson persists with it.

The players are absolute c#&@s, Jackson thought they were his mates..     
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

They were his mates when they downed tools under Adkins to get Jackson the job. 
  • Mac doesn’t command his box. 
    Defence need a shouter (Popey) in goal, otherwise they are all at sea. 
    As for attack - Leko is a waste of time. 
    We should give an U23 striker a go, can’t be worse than Leko. 
  • Peter Shirtliff right on the ball saying MacGillivray needs to dominate his penalty area more and we need to win the second ball. 
  • edited March 2022
    Absolute shit. No excuses
  • We can't change our shape, as that would waste the weeks we've spent learning how not to defend
  • Chunes said:
    Go on Brownie! He's fuming
    Whats he saying?
  • We are so terrible. I can’t even rely on these players to cheer me up while I’m going through a bad time . Useless 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

They were his mates when they downed tools under Adkins to get Jackson the job. 
    and looks like they've downed tools straight after Jackson got the job permanently!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!